[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does the mad max game get anywhere near as crazy as the movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
does the mad max game get anywhere near as crazy as the movies? or is it hilariously easy and simplistic?
>>
>>320185457
im pretty sure it is bam ham style combat but with a cool world and driving. Though i too would like to hear more from someone who had played it.
>>
>>320185457
No, the movies are crazy because the car combat lasts like 20 minutes at a time and has lots of guns and boarding. There is one gun and no boarding in game. Dont play it for a movie like experience but in a vacuum its great.
>>
its pretty alright. There are definitely crazy moments, but they're pretty spread out. If you want something ground breaking and innovative, this isn't the game for you. But if you're a mad max fan, you'll enjoy the game. Its solid and fun.
>>
Not really. There's some occasional stuff that's pretty spectacular, but the gameplay's otherwise how you described it. Looks good and manages to be true enough to the universe until just near the end of the game.
>>
>>320185886
Pretty much this, its pretty comfy, nothing groundbreaking though. I hope other companies build on the fun parts/ideas. Solid pickup during a sale, I don't regret buying at full price though.
>>
>>320185672
Bam Ham style with a cool world and driving is a pretty accurate description. I felt like the combat wasn't as easy as bamham or shadow of mordor (can't just keep spamming counter, have to time it). Its really comfy to just drive your magnum opus discovering shit.
>>
File: 1445166987412.gif (1 MB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
1445166987412.gif
1 MB, 300x220
>>320185457
It's real short, but it's fun enough to keep you going.

You can customize your own car which is sick, but make sure you pick up storm crates, scrap isn't super plentiful.

Upgrade your harpoon early, build up at least one base so that you get free shit when you go there, and make sure you see Griffa.
>>
>>320186081
yeah, There's nothing wrong with just making a fun game with established mechanics. It doesn't need to have curazy new mechanics if there is a good story and fun gameplay.

Some things could've been done better, like certain strong hold bosses being unique would've been better than the 5 reskins we do have, or the fact that the caravans don't respawn once you've cleared them, but overall it's a pretty good game.
>>
>>320186123
>Night Rider opus

My person of color.
>>
>>320186460
this. Dont bother building up more than one base, its all the same shit and grindy as hell. Game gets kinds broken once you unlock the bazooka, but still really fun.
>>
The game is quite fun but it can get a little repetitive at points because so many parts feel rehashed. The top-dog fights all play nearly the same and the cookie cutter x towers, x minefields, x camps to pacify a region mechanic made every area feel the same. A little more variety and the game would be stellar, as is it's still a solid game.
>>
more bazooka
>>
would it be more fun with that nemesis system?
>>
>>320186848
I fucking love the thunderpoon, so OP
>>
Really fun game. I got a bug that corrupted my saves. Happened twice so I just gave up on it.
>>
the driving and the world is easily the best part about the game - while it innovates nothing else it's incredibly satisfying and it looks amazing for how optimized it is
>>
>>320186919
Yes, nemesis system was great, but I don't know how could you implement it without completely redoing the game from the start.
>>
File: Creepy Fucker.webm (3 MB, 994x560) Image search: [Google]
Creepy Fucker.webm
3 MB, 994x560
>>320186824
pretty much this. Is there any word on DLC?

>>320186919
every game would benefit from that system. Seriously my favorite game mechanic from recent years.
>>
>>320187090
the game runs like a dream on my 770 and looks amazing.
>>
>>320187330
>Is there any word on DLC?
As far as I know there were only 4 shitty pieces of DLC, nothing else.
>>
>>320187472
lame. Guess I'll just dump the rest of my webm.

OH, one thing i HATED was that your car can't flip over. lame as fuck.
>>
>>
>>320187952
There is an anti-flipping counter-measure that you can deactivate in the options.
>>
>>320188081
bugs me that you can see your character from that camera angle desu
>>
some of the side missions are very frustrating.

>>320188140
are you serious? have any webm of it?
>>
>>320188219
That anon is right. Before the update you couldn't flip. They allow it now, but the camera in cockpit do shit when flipping.
>>
>No Chance to make the Doof Wagon.
>>
>>320188503
awesome. Guess I'll replay it now.
>>
>>320188619
I know that place.
>>
So, Toecutter, Auntie, Humongous, or Immortan Joe?
>>
>>320187330
>Is there any word on DLC?

We can only hope, anon. I personally want a DLC skin pack for Max that makes him look like Mel Gibson/Tom Hardy.
>>
>>320189297
Scabrous Scrotus.
>>
>>320189664
More customization for the Magnum Opus.
>>
>>320189664
that'd be neat. I'd like one that lets you drive war rigs/big rigs. Also more caravans.
>>
>>320189664
I just want fucking respawning convoys. Those are the best parts of the game.
>>
>>320189297
Immortan Joe. What a sexy stallion.
>>
>>320189664
>DLC skin pack for Max that makes him look like Mel Gibson/Tom Hardy
Yeah that'll never happen.
I want to see a convoy mission pack, particularly with endlessly replayable missions considering convoys were basically the best part of the car combat. Would also be nice if it had bigger war rigs, more boarding, more guns, and an option to let Chumbucket drive while you get out and board a war rig on your own.
>>
>>320189297
Lord Humongous. Anyone who lays claim to the title "ayatollah of rock-and-rolla" is my kind of warlord.
>>
>>320185872
>no boarding in game
Yea, there is.
>>
>>320189664
Frankly, I would like a gun other than the sawn-off shotgun. I know, it's un-Mad Max, but I don't give a shit.
>>
>>320190073
>boarding in game only consists of enemies jumping on your car and punching you through the window
I want to climb onto the top of a war rig and fight motherfuckers while that shit cannonballs through a canyon.
>>
>>320190286
I'm mad that having your entire car covered in spikes has no effect on enemies being able to board you.
>>
>>320190463
It can kill them.
>>
>>320190463
Lucky me, I never liked to spikes. They look retarded.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.