[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that they've been out for a while, what do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 17
File: Zero Suit Samus Packaging.jpg (65 KB, 346x510) Image search: [Google]
Zero Suit Samus Packaging.jpg
65 KB, 346x510
Now that they've been out for a while, what do you think of amiibo, do you have any? Which?
>>
>>320182909
I have Toon Link because he's kawaii and Ganondorf because he's kakkoii.
>>
File: IMAG0287.jpg (899 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0287.jpg
899 KB, 2688x1520
Just a few
>>
I'm slowly picking up the ones I think look nice now that a lot of them are going cheap where I live. Currently have Palutena, Ganon, Megaman, Dark Pit and the 8bit classic mario.

Only problem though is I can't decide whether to take them out of the box.
>>
All of Smash except Mii Faggots.

It's not like Nintendo has a lot of good merchandise of their shit. This'll make a nice display.
>>
Which amiibos dont look like shit now?
I wouldn't mind getting a Link Ganon, Zelda, Palutena or Ike one.
>>
>>320183485
Details on Ganon and Palutena are top notch. Except sometimes Palutena's face is a little too doll like. Mine looks slightly weird.
>>
File: Ganondorf_(SSB_3DS_&_Wii_U).png (108 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf_(SSB_3DS_&_Wii_U).png
108 KB, 300x300
>>320183617
Cool. Will have to check those out.
>>
north american fag here, I've got several, but dropped amiibo like a bad habit when they introduced that fucking retro pack at gamestop
>>
File: photo(12).jpg (149 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
photo(12).jpg
149 KB, 640x480
Old picture. I now have over 100 Amiibo.

Get mad! :)
>>
File: photo(14).jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
photo(14).jpg
122 KB, 640x480
>>
I have the Retro pack and Splatoon pack.
I bought the Retro ones because ROB is my main and Duck Hunt is the first game I ever played.
I got the Splatoon ones because I like Splatoon.
>>
I had Bowser and Pac-Man, but I gave them away after E3. The fact that they dominated discussion more than actual video games made me sick.
>>
>>320183069
Mewtwo looks better than I thought, I might need to pick him up.
>>
>>320182909
Which ones have you hot-glued? Be honest.
>>
HOT GLUE
>>
Have a bunch. The last one I want is Roy.
>>
>>320184194
I only hotglue the inside of your mom, sorry.
>>
Waiting to get money to import a JP ROB one, since it uses my favorite ROB alt color.
>>
I got Mewtwo as a Christmas present. It's a surprisingly good quality figurine.
>>
>>320184187
Pretty high quality I'll be honest, not bad for a NA amiibo
>>
I just need the commons. Only the Smash series for me.
Haven't paid above MSRP.
>>
File: 1450143761011-1548591.jpg (791 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
1450143761011-1548591.jpg
791 KB, 1520x2688
>>320184187
>>320184394
And here's the face since that's the part that's usually fucked up on these
>>
Marth is available from Best Buy. I ordered mine not too long ago.
>>
File: amiibo.png (2 MB, 2480x3500) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.png
2 MB, 2480x3500
>>320184573
forgot image.
>>
>>320184639
You can also order a Japanese one on Amazon for like $15, pretty much guaranteed no deep face like first round NA, which is nice. that's how I got mine
>>
Just the Splatoon ones. I was hunting for a Shulk, but then my sister managed to find one on a trip to LA so I'm content with her having it instead of me.
>>
File: 1448127378598.png (3 MB, 2480x3500) Image search: [Google]
1448127378598.png
3 MB, 2480x3500
i'm also addicted to pokemon cards
halp
>>
>>320182909
Only five or six of my favorite characters

Falco is my favorite
>>
>>320184327
I'd hold off on that for a bit.
http://imgur.com/a/oREAP
>>
>>320184085
>>320184779
Did the Splatoon 3-pack ever restock?
I want the Green Squid, but I'm not paying a scalper.
>>
don't have any and still won't get any, but still nice to fap to the hotglue that came out of it
>>
>>320185131
My local walmart has a few, so it's possible.
>>
>>320185131
Yea. Best Buy should've gotten more. Mine did.
>>
No. And i will not shill to nintendo for toys
>>
>>320182909
I like them. I have way more than I originally thought, but oh well. Waiting for Lucina in the mail
>>
File: 1447642721718.png (145 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1447642721718.png
145 KB, 400x300
>only wanted Pac-Man, Rosalina and ROB in the very beginning
>have almost all the Smash line and some of the other stuff like the squid kids and yarn Yoshi
>mfw
>>
>>320183158
do it. they won't be worth anything regardless of if you leave them unopened...
>>
File: IMG_20151210_154224.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_154224.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
Anyone else got their Shovel Knight amiibo yet?
>>
>>320185815
confirmed for SM4SH

him or Chibi-Robo!

although I'm not sure how the latter would operate...
>>
>>320182909
I got the splatoon 3 pack
they're alright.
>>
>>320186306
I would love if Chibi was in, already have his amiibo and I'd like a use for home since I don't even have a N3ds yet
>>
All I really want are the Fire Emblem characters and Palutena and Rosalina.

Right now I have Marth and Rosalina.
>>
>>320183158
You can't use them in the box and they won't be worth anything later. Pretty much everything is getting massive restocks.
>>
>>320182909
Picked up Shulkj cuz I loved Xenoblade on the Wii and just wanted him. Picked up Link, Zelda and Ganondorf for Weapon drops for Hyrule Warriors. I thought Amiibo were dumb before but now I kind of like them and see their appeal
>>
I have a lucina amiibo because she can be used in codename steam and FE:F which is neat

I got my little brother a toon link amiibo for like $35 as a Christmas present because wind waker is his favorite game and it works with hyrule warriors. Also will probably do something neat for the new zelda game

Got yarn yoshi with the bundle because it is pretty cool

I kinda want megaman for the legacy collection and I have the wolf link preordered

Amiibo as a whole is pretty disappointing. Tons of nintendo games are released without amiibo support like tri force heroes and pokemon mystery dungeon as recent examples
>>
>>320187008
>wanting amiibo shoved into every single nintendo game
Yeah, that's bad and I love amiibo.
>>
I don't suffer from autism so I don't own amiibo.
>>
>>320184317
That's not cool my mom died when I was ten.
>>
File: Amiibo Shelf.png (660 KB, 591x434) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo Shelf.png
660 KB, 591x434
>>320182909
>>
>>320187237
>amiibo have barely any compatibility
>"WTF NINTENDO MAKING USELESS SHIT"

>amiibo have lots of compatibility
>"WTF NINTENDO PHYSICAL DLC"
>>
File: 1445154022332.jpg (161 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1445154022332.jpg
161 KB, 640x1136
>wanted the Game and Watch amiibo
>sold exclusively in a 3-pack alongside two chracters I don't care about
>>
>>320187642
That's 4chan in a nutshell, though. Literally everything is bad always.
>>
Bought mewtwo and jigglypuff. Won a yoshi from kicking peoples asses on smash.
>>
>>320187713
Get the Japanese import on Amazon, it's $11
>>
File: 1438673636825.png (284 KB, 607x427) Image search: [Google]
1438673636825.png
284 KB, 607x427
I have Kirby, Mega Man, Toon Link, Inkling Girl, Classic Mario, Captain Falcon, and Shulk.
When I started I only wanted Kirby and I had it set in my mind that I would only buy Kirby.
Don't buy even one.
They're like a drug and you'll want more.
>>
>>320182909
IMO the best of the "Toys to Life" products, mostly because they work with multiple games.

I got Inkling Girl from splitting a 3-pack with my little brothers, Zelda and Olimar from my sister on my Birthday, got Villager myself because I wanted him, and am getting R.O.B and Mii Brawler from their respective 3-packs this Christmas.
>>
>>320187520
You don't have Mewtwo yet?
>>
>>320182909
There needs to be a GOOD amiibo central game. Amiibo Festical doesn't count. Something with a plot somewhere between Zelda and Mario in terms of complexity. Some sort of massive crossover thing with literally any nintendo character that has an amiibo. Even the Animal Crossing ones. Think the plot of Subspace Emissary but with more focus and attention put into it. Characters have their own unique movesets, level up, and most importantly scanning in your amiibo actually lets you play that fucking character. Not just unlock an ai or something.
>>
I'm an avid collector of Pokemon toys anyway, and Amiibo are just kind of that to me. So I have those 6 and a Rosalina. Played with my friend's splatoon girl challenges and those were kind of neat. Really wish Splatoon Squid as a single wasn't exclusive to Japan and Europe.
The fuck is up with that?
>>
>>320188551
This is an old pic. I do have Mewtwo and Falco
>>
>>320188650
A Disney Infinite style game would be good.
>>
>>320188682
I wish Squid was a single, but it's kinda neat to be able to pick up the whole set as one purchase.
>>
>>320188898
Didn't DI come up with some sort of bare bones plot recently in 3.0? Syndrome steals a magic wand because he's pissed about being the only villain? Something simple and silly like that would work great for some kind of Nintendo Crossover Amiibo game
>>
>While most amiibos were still rare I decide I only will look for Sonic and pre-order Game & Watch
>Buy Sonic while on vacation somewhere, preorder the retro pack with Game & Watch
>Notice amiibos that were once rare easier to find now
>Buy Little Mac
>Plan to buy Captain Falcon and probably stop there unless one of tomorrows DLC characters is someone I give a shit about

Amiibos are honestly fun, I enjoy having the figures as well as being able to use them to train an AI. I only had a 3DS for a bit but I got that Wii U bundle with Smash and Splatoon so as I get more Wii U games I'll find more use for them as well.
>>
>>320188949
I just want the girl and the squid, since the Boy's missions are rollers and he's not a cute squid girl. The fact that you can buy the girl and boy separate from the pack, but just not the squid, is what bothers me most. The fact that the squid is available as a single across europe and Japan is the worst of all, since all territories have the 3-pack, inkling girl, and inkling boy all as singles. But only America doesn't have the Inkling squid.
>>
>>320184824
>spending thousands of dollars on toys and cardboard

the fucks wrong with you
>>
>>320189031
>Bowser helps Ganondorf steal the Triforce
>Mario and Link assemble heroes to try and stop them
>>
File: Amiibochart.png (3 MB, 3457x4724) Image search: [Google]
Amiibochart.png
3 MB, 3457x4724
I've gotten addicted. I want every Smash character.

The Japanese store I ordered Metaknight from accidently sent two so I've giving the second to my Kirby loving friend who's been looking for one.
>>
>>320182909
I have Lucina, Robin, 8 bit Mario (classic color s), ZSS, and inkling girl. Might get Cloud if they make one. I desperately want one of Shantae.
>>
>>320189274

They're region free.
>>
>>320189637
That wouldn't work if Bowser and Ganondorf have amiibo to play with.

Make Tabuu the final boss or something.
>>
>>320187520
so what happens after you have them all
>>
>>320189637
Whoever's assembling heroes shouldn't be someone who's already an amiibo I think. What if someone doesn't have Mario or Link in that scenario? Honestly I think they'd have to include some kind of new character just for that game, or someone who doesn't have and probably won't have an amiibo. Fuckin Master Hand or something
>>
>>320182909
While I would like to have them all, I'm not willing or able to spend that much money up front. For now I've started buying one per paycheck. So I've got a couple years to go.
>>
>>320189789
Yeah, but shipping definitely isn't free.

It costs more to ship from Amazon France/Germany than it would cost to pay a scalper 25 dollars for a single Amiibo.
>>
>>320189791
>>320189869
Okay then how about
The final boss is Ridley who's mad he never gets to be in Smash
>>
I have a Toon Link that was on sale that I hot glue occasionally.
>>
>>320182909
Thinly veiled DLC
>>
File: PoochyYWW.png (336 KB, 600x695) Image search: [Google]
PoochyYWW.png
336 KB, 600x695
I'm still pissed there is no yarn poochy amiibo.
>>
>girl inkling
>toon link
>sonic
>pac-man
>samus

I used to own a lot more but I got rid of them all since amiibos are dumb

that said (aside from pac-man which I just can't be assed to sell or give away, though he is my secondary in smash so I am a bit attached to him) I like the ones I kept. They look really nice for their size and I just like the character. A few others have tempted me but ever since around june or so I've just bowed out of this game.
>>
>>320184639

I was at the local best buy a few weeks ago and they had like a full shelf of just marth, dark pit and fox completely separate from the amiibo section, they had so many of those guys.
>>
>>320190038
Except if some bad shit happens and you don't have the game and by extension DLC anymore, you'd still have the figure at least, and whatever it unlocks is free to you AND anyone else you know from there foreword.
>>
>>320190295
My best buy had a tub full of shit tons of falco in the middle of the Xbone section for some reason. I don't understand, if you didn't look over there, you wouldn't have known they had falco at all.
>>
>>320187642

Honestly the best way to make amiibo work is to have everything they offer be purchasable DLC that costs like, I dunno, average two bucks maybe?

So if you own enough games it eventually makes buying the figure a better deal but you can still spend the cash to get it outside of physical DLC if you will
>>
>>320185815
Yup! Just tried the amiibo content in the game. Is similar to the Smash Bros amiibo; You play the game normally while your Custom Knight level up and get new items, colors and abilitys. I just get a fish head costume.

Also you can use the Shovel Knight amiibo in the game without opening the box because it doesn,t have that shitty silver sticker on it,s base.
>>
What did you name your amiibo?

Mine:

Mario - Red Luigi
Luigi - Green Mario
Peach - Momo Hime
DK - Mandela
Pikachu - Pyonsuke
Villager - Henry
Lucina - Lucy
Ness - Ninten
Zero Suit Samus - Sammy
Squid Girl
>>
>>320187713

I know that feeling bro

even worse with KK slider. Though admittedly I didn't want him as much as Kappn (does he even have an amiibo? fuck)

I know I could just like import single versions from japan or something but seeing that shit killed any interest I had honestly so I can't be bothered.
>>
>>320190630
Also, that would be good because someone that can't find a specific amiibo wouldn't be locked out of that content.
>>
>>320183485

Link and Zelda look like shit, Toon link looks great though.

Ganon is probably one of the best looking amiibo and Palutena isn't too bad.
>>
>>320190630
>2 dollars for a skin in mario maker that only applies when you hit a mushroom
>2 dollars for a CPU sparring partner
>2 dollars for a random Hyrule Warriors item
Nigga naw
>>
>>320186523

1. You can get a NFC reader for the 3DS
2. Chibi Robo's amiibo saves HIGH SCORES FOR NO FUCKING REASON

It's easily one of the most useless amiibo.
>>
>>320190739
What content though?
>>
>>320190906
Be reasonable, this is nintendo we're talking about. I hate perpetuating memes but they are good at their DLC. If they charged for those last two things at all they'd be like 99 cents at most.
>>
The only one I ever even kind of thought about maybe getting is ROB. Fuck busting my ass to import one or buying the three-pack, though.
>>
>>320191145
ROB is the only amiibo coming in 2 different colors because of the Famicom. If you import you actually get a different amiibo.

It's kind of neat actually.
>>
>>320182909

I own 30
>>
>>320190906

of course with the model I proposed you'd have to change how the amiibo content works

but point is it's better to have "get somewhat substantial item as a singleton DLC or in a figure you can use over multiple games" than just "get nothing but garbage except in the few games where it gives significant new content you're fucked out of otherwise."
>>
>>320191261
>except in the few games where it gives significant new content you're fucked out of otherwise
What?

Which games are those supposed to be?
>>
>>320189654
Rosalina is getting a Mario Amiibo?
>>
>>320185815

Wait, that's already out? When did that happen?
>>
>>320191614

There was a model for one shown in a trailer for Mario Party 10.
>>
>>320191398

splatoon comes to mind
>>
>>320191752
it's out in yurop
>>
>>320191895
Splatoon makes you play through the exact same story mode levels as the default game, except you either have a time limit or a different weapon. None of which weapons are exclusive to the amiibo since they're just reskins of other weapons.

Even the clothing you get is purely cosmetic since it's only 2 star and has a shitty primary ability, meaning you won't be using it past level 20.
>>
I'm currently kicking myself for not picking up Toon Link and Sheik while they were everywhere.

There must have been a sea change somewhere. Now all I see in stores are Zamus, Olimar, and once-rares like Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Shulk.

In contrast, the fucking Mario Bros. are hard to find now. I never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>>320192086
>Splatoon makes you play through the exact same story mode levels as the default game, except you either have a time limit or a different weapon. None of which weapons are exclusive to the amiibo since they're just reskins of other weapons.

I think you're underselling how different playing through a level with a different level actually can be.

Also you're completely forgetting about the minigames for the lobby waiting screen on the wii u gamepad.

I think we can agree that even if you don't think it's useful content it's still way more than any other amiibo-enabled game gives you.
>>
I picked up two so far. Link and Mewtwo. I don't even own a WiiU or 3DS.

I'll probably buy one after the holidays though.
>>
I only have one, and it's none of the Smash ones because they mostly look like trash.
>>
I've only got four so far, Mario and Luigi from the Super Mario line, and Wario and Captain Falcon from the Smash Bros. line.
A friend of mine is sending me a Pac Man in the mail, and I'll probably pick up Donkey Kong sometime since I've really been enjoying him in Smash.

Captain Falcon was a particularly good find for me, I got him at fucking Gamestop just two days ago and he was the only one on a small display filled with Ikes, Shulks and Ganondorfs. I was so pleased with my good find I told my friends, who then informed me that Captain Falcon isn't rare at all anymore.
At least I've got him now.
>>
>>320192357
I was really unimpressed with playing through inkling boy and inkling girl's levels with different weapons. But it's basically the exact same 2 minutes of shitty platforming and one-shotting every enemy. Some of the bosses were terribly too easy, since the charger just shot the tentacle that you were supposed to climb up and the roller absolutely wrecked the spinny boss. But they're still the same boss, nothing new. No different AI. It's as different as like, forgetting you have bombs or something.

I can't say I've played through the squid's ones though. I know the time stuff is supposed to be interesting, but the only minigame the squid unlocks is "change the music in the lobby" and I would hardly call that substantial content.

Squid Beatz is pretty fun though, yeah.
>>
can someone fill in the placeholders of >>320189654
with the images from >>320184824
>>
>>320191752
PAL countries nigga
>>
>>320182909
I want to buy some specifically for hot glue but I think it'd be too suspicious if I only had Amiibos of girls.
>>
>>320190715
Mega Man: Megatron
Bowser: Wowzer
Bowser Jr: Wowzer Jr
Pac-Man: 2Pac
>>
File: 1449286651058.jpg (48 KB, 591x960) Image search: [Google]
1449286651058.jpg
48 KB, 591x960
>>320190049
and I'm still pissed Woolly World was a half assed unfinished game with gimped levels and idiotic difficulty scaling

>i should never have bought it for that adorable toy
>>
Bought a couple of amiibo when they were new, it was fun, then they just sat in a desk drawer for a while. Gave them to my nieces and nephew, they appreciate them more than I do.
>>
I have the Inkling but only because I like the figure itself.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.