[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ocarina of Time VS Undertale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1450132035057.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1450132035057.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
There's a poll going on in a few hours over what the !*BEST GAME EVER*! is. And that poll is gonna be between one of the most over rated games of all time versus the most over rated game of the year.

Not in a long time have we had such a colossal battle of autism, the only way this could be better is if Sonic was involved somehow, this is going to be a match to see for sure.

>Ocarina of Time
-Pretty good game at best, pretty revolutionary at the time, no doubt.
-Not even the best Zelda game. (That would be A Link to the Past)
-Barely makes it to the Top 5 Zelda games, if it even manages that.
-Not even game of the year. (Better games released that year: Resident Evil 2, Starcraft, Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Fallout 2, Grim Fandango, Suikoden 2)
-Not even the game of the fucking month. (Better games released that month: Half Life, Starcraft: Brood War, Thief: The Dark Project)
-It's even worse nowadays, as it has aged like milk.

>Undertale
-Good game at best, has it's charm and moments, to be sure.
-Not considerably better than other recent games of the style like LISA: The Painful and OFF.
-Certainly not even close to being on par with the games it's most inspired by, like Mother 2 and 3 or Cave Story.
-Not even game of the year. (Better games released this year: Ori and the Blind Forest, Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher 3, Rocket League, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void)
-Not even the game of the fucking month (Better games released that month: MGS V, Super Mario Maker)
-Pixel graphics

So, the time is coming. Who are you cheering to win this battle of autism? Who do you think will piss off the most people? Whichever of these massively over rated games wins, one side of autism shall stand glorious, one side of autism shall stand buttflustered, and we'll all get to laugh at the farce that is the taste of morons on the internet)

Get your popcorn, bros.

http://strawpoll.me/6270403
>>
Whoever wins, I hope it wins 80% to 20%
>>
Undertale is literally the best game ever and deserves to win. Everything you said that was supposed to be negative isn't even a valid criticism. I'm glad /v/ is voting for it and that finally the board has that one game we can all agree is the best. Fuck man, every website thinks it's good. GOAT?
>>
>>320180425
>He thinks anyone will fall for this bait
Here's your complementary (You)
>>
>>320180087
I am voting for Undertale.
>>
So one of the best games ever made, not even counting its influence to the industry, or a decent indie game

But really fuck off with this garbage
>>
>there are people on /v/ who will vote for undertale to upset /v/
Rigging a poll is only to show off how much of a joke it is, not to participate in the agenda of tumblr
>>
>>320180087
I've been voting Undertale just to further upset people. It amuses me that people still take these polls so seriously.
>>
Well, someone hacked the last poll. Let's do it again with captcha.

http://strawpoll.me/6270456
>>
I need Undertale to win.
>>
>>320180849
You mean, "to upset gamefaqs" right?
>>
>>320180087
>the most over rated game of the year
I'd say Fallout 4 and Halo are more over rated, but yeah.
>>
>>320181251
I mean more by the internet
>>
>>320181482
That's still Fallout 4
>>
File: HA!HA!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (115 KB, 599x418) Image search: [Google]
HA!HA!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
115 KB, 599x418
>>320180632
>Ocarina of Time
>One of the best games ever made
Yeah, if you mean like Top 500 or something, lmao
>>
>>320183092
Fuck you
>>
i'm playing undertale right now.. i can't believe all the gender fluid shit and internet culture in this. i thought it was a meme to call it a meme game. but it's a tumblr meme game. fuck you all for making me play this
>>
>>320180087
>underfags using bots.
>zelda fags have too much pride to use bots.
Cool
>>
>>320184485
>zelda fags have too much pride to use bots.
Yeah right. It's gonna be a bot war.
>>
>>320184621
Damn straight it is
>>
File: Pepe hoho.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
Pepe hoho.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>320184621
>MFW Gamefaqs gets doxxed by its own tournament
>>
>>320183990
It's okay
>>
>>320185485
I guess
>>
It's gonna be fun
>>
Ocarina of Time will generate the most tears because its literally the embodiment of a perfect childhood to majority of its fans.

undertale is just a few hundred people using a lot of proxies, at this point they pretty much deserve it if they could beat a bunch of Nintendo games back to back
>>
Good
>>
I'm not voting, but I'm awfully sick of seeing Ocarina of Time at the top of every BEST GAME EVER list 2bh
>>
>OoT wins

Tumblr shits itself in fury

>Undertale wins

Gamefaqs shits itself in fury

I win either way :^)
>>
>the "I'm legit pissed about a fucking online poll" choice has like 1000 votes

wew lad

I know it's just a bot, but still. wew lad.
>>
>>320180087
REMINDER THAT TUMBLR IS STUFFING THE BALLOT BY ENCOURAGING TUMBLR USERS TO VOTE FROM MULTIPLE DEVICES JUST SO THAT CAN SAY THAT A SJW GAME "WAS VOTED THE BEST GAME EVER BY GAMERS AND TOTALLY NOT BY US RIGGING THE VOTE LOL".

IF OCARINA DOESN'T WIN THIS YOU WILL *NEVER* HEAR THE END OF IT.
>>
I think OoT winning might be better since this shit is basically an underdog (that heavily abuses bots to rig polls) story and having an underdog story end with the underdog getting crushed by the reigning champ would be hilarious.

though really either way someone's gonna get super asshurt so I can't complain

I just wish that we could get SMRPG into the finals instead of OoT and then have that win.
>>
OOT was an ambitious, hugely commercial game that pushed the N64 hardware to the limit while seamlessly creating an in immersive open world that aged well due to an art style made with technical limitations in mind. It has a legacy because of this and also because it raised the bar for third-person action/adventure games and created a template for perfection that Nintendo still can't recapture. But again, it took a fuckload of people to pull it off. It had double the team and budget of most AAA games released at the time.

Undertale is a mostly solo/indie effort. It didn't do anything technically revolutionary because its limitations were different; there wasn't any budget to work with. It's also an almost entirely different genre.

It's not fair at all to compare them, but you faggots are going to make comparisons anyway because you always make this shit about the merit of the fanbase or some other petty aspect. That's why this board is poison and why your shit has spilled over into the once-decent /vr/. Gotta bicker and bitch about something to preserve your retarded nerd identity.
>>
>>320189174
Bonus points because /v/ will shit itself either way
>>
File: 1449896478495.png (62 KB, 577x606) Image search: [Google]
1449896478495.png
62 KB, 577x606
>>320180087

I'm definitely voting for Undertale. I want to see some real autism tears falling down.
>>
>>320189836

The fact that /v/ is taking this poll seriously makes me want to see Undertale win even more honestly.
>>
>>320180087
>http://strawpoll.me/6270403
>16 votes for Ocarina
>16 votes for Undertale
>1000 votes for "I AM MAD"
My corrupt sides

Still voting undertale to see those delicious nintoddler tears on /v/ though, sorry if I let tumblr """"WIN""""
>>
>>320189425
>IF OCARINA DOESN'T WIN THIS YOU WILL *NEVER* HEAR THE END OF IT.
Because fucking retards like you are the only ones making a big deal out of it.
>>
>>320189760
This post gave me so much cancer that I'm voting for undermeme
>>
>>320180087
your poll is going to shit anon
>>
Nice "O-oca-carina wasn't th-that g-g-gooood guys :(" thread in disguise. Wow such superior tastes you have by not having a popular game as your particular favorite.
>>
>>320180087
>OoT
>overrated

nice meme
>>
>>320180087

>most overrated game of all time

But Super Metroid already lost
>>
If Undertale loses this final match, i think the tears and butthurt would be GIGANTIC. Even bigger than losing Best Indie Game from Rocket League
>>
>>320191652
Nah, they would still brag they came this far
>>
>>320192348

>b-but I got some good hits in tho right?

yeah you're probably right. It's hard to call which choice will cause more butthurt
>>
File: man_in_comfy_chair_retro.png (101 KB, 548x361) Image search: [Google]
man_in_comfy_chair_retro.png
101 KB, 548x361
>>320180087
>Getting comfy to watch all this shitstorm

It is like the Indivisible Funding campaign all over again.
What a time to be browsing /v/, this board is fucking great.
>>
you dont really need to explain anything to make someone realise UT is a mediocre game.
>>
>>320192975
Can't wait
>>
File: 6FqeqiT.png (646 KB, 641x343) Image search: [Google]
6FqeqiT.png
646 KB, 641x343
>>320180087
>a game that's hailed as the best game ever by a shit ton of people since its release
>against an indie gamemaker game from a few months ago
Undertale all the way, the butthurt is going to be glorious
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.