[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of D'ron "Destruction" Maingrette?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: destruction man.jpg (24 KB, 337x400) Image search: [Google]
destruction man.jpg
24 KB, 337x400
What does /v/ think of D'ron "Destruction" Maingrette?
>>
hes aight, glad he moved onto smash4 instead of Melee
>>
People who say his commentary is bad have never had to watch a local with godawful nasally shitters screaming over mid level falcon play while spouting memes.

He's a lot better than that. GOAT commentary in 2015 is Scar & Toph tho
>>
hes good at commentating and professional, nice mix

some commentators meme too much
>>
>>320167791

His melee commentary is better though. TK is a way better smash 4 commentator. Him and Coney would be the best team if coney went out to majors
>>
10/10 commentator
>>
>>320168185
>Best team
>not Black Plague
Holy shit anon seriously?
>>
Nowadays he's been trying too hard to go full E-Sports and his commentary suffered for it but he's still alright. EE da best and PB&J da worst at everything
>>
Is Prog dead yet?
>>
>>320168387

Black Plague is really good but TK and Coney have an amazing level of commentary chemistry, and can serve up some incredible stuff
>>
Alright, I don't really like the whole WE GOTTA MAKE SMASH GROW INTO AN ESPORT spin (him getting upset over Hbox saying "fuck" is kinda ridiculous) and imo Scar+Toph have passed him regardless but he's still a really hype commentator in both games.
>>
>>320166738
>le destruction nigger

He can fuck off unless he's got le AIDS nigger Prog with him.
>>
nigger
>>
Too professional sounding for my taste, but that's hardly a bad thing
>>
>>320166738
Husband and Wife >D1 and Prog = Scar and Toph > D1 and someone else
>>
>>320168787
Except on fox/fox and fox/falco. Mang0 is GOAT commentary on those matchups
>>
>>320167968

>Liking the Mango Dick Sucking Casting Team
>>
Left melee for tr4sh/10
>>
>>320166738
>>320166738
i want him to destroy my wife

not even lying
>>
EE is the superior nigger because at least his uninformative commentary is funny instead of just boring and bland.

Scar and the half gook are the best current commentary team. Waffles is the greatest of all time outside of the four God couch at Summit.
>>
File: 1446865932363.jpg (138 KB, 414x414) Image search: [Google]
1446865932363.jpg
138 KB, 414x414
>>320167968
This, I've watched enough pools to know how bad local commentators can be.
>annoying voices
>WE TECH THOSE
>memes
>regional lexicon that mean nothing to the Smash community at large, thinking viewers care enough to hear the explanation of what "getting Tim Hortons'd" means, segueing into how good Tim Hortons is
>DID WHERE'S AJ, HAVE YOU SEEN AJ, DID AJ SHOW UP
>telling viewers about the storied rivalry between two locals who are playing on a stream for the first time in their lives
I'll take D1 over that any day.
>>
I can't stand D1 and I've never understood why people like him, even with Prog. He just sounds so fake.

I don't know if anything will top the god commentary at the summit anyway.
>>
File: 1444800806269.png (144 KB, 300x285) Image search: [Google]
1444800806269.png
144 KB, 300x285
Nintendo World Championship...I'm like Hey, what's up, hello...
>>
>>320169331
That rap was the most cringeworthy thing in any Nintendo event, holy shit
>>
>>320169213

>thinking viewers care enough to hear the explanation of what "getting Tim Hortons'd" means, segueing into how good Tim Hortons is

This shit gets me every time
>>
There was a VOD on twitch where he got drunk at the foundry and explained why his commentary has changed over the years and why he sounds more "professional" now. I miss old D1 to be honest, 2015 D1 sounds like this more of his job rather then a passionate hobby.

Can't find the video to save my life though.
>>
>>320168568

no i'm smoking a blunt with him in two days
>>
>>320169892

dude weed lmao
>>
>>320167968
He's just so forced and tries to shoehorn in his signature phrase at every opportunity. I'm so happy he doesn't commentate Melee anymore, but at the same time I feel sorry for Smash 4 viewers. I've seen him commentate some smash 4 and he does the same shit over even less impressive shit, it's unreal.
>>
>>320170367

lamo
>>
>>320169213

Tim Hortons is pretty good tho
>>
>>320170407
You must be fun to be around, Anon.
>>
>>320170571
I can enjoy good commentary. I can enjoy bad commentary, especially if the commentators are funny. D1 is just a garbage commentator, I genuinely don't understand how anyone could like him.
>>
>>320168185
TK is a bitch nigga who is scared of other commentators taking his nonexistent thunder
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.