[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1984+31 >owning a Wii u >not softmodding the vWii to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151214_173657.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_173657.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>1984+31
>owning a Wii u
>not softmodding the vWii to have the homebrew channel
Seriously, why haven't you done this yet?
>>
>>320166428
Provide guide on how to
>>
>>320166882
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+install+homebrew+channel+on+wii+u
>>
>>320166428
Modded my regular Wii because muh GC controllers for Mario Kart. Pirating games and playing mods was a bit disappointing since there were only 3 games that had significant changes.

PM is dead but still relatively decent for casual fun
That Mario Kart course mod is fucking ass and wastes a ton of SD card space but I can use it to play regular Worldwides which is pretty nice
There's only one good NSMBW mod.
The rest have no mods
>>
>>320166882
Just Google it. You might have some trouble with a few of the programs you find, but mix and match from different tutorials. Also the letter bomb hack is probably the easiest one there is.
>>
Did this a while ago, never really use it because GC adapter support is so ass.
>>
My Wii has been an emulation station for years.
I've been thinking about getting some kind of single board computer so I can play more intensive arcade games though.

Softmodding the vWii would be more interesting to me if it wasn't sandboxed and limited to the resources the original Wii had. Could you imagine the crazy mods and shit people could do if they had access to all of the resources of the console?
>>
>>320167704
With nintendont, you can use a PS4 controller, don't know about other controllers though
>>
>>320166428
Does this void warranty? Would I ever be able to send my Wii U back to Nintendo if it gets fucked up?
>>
>>320167704
What? I use mine with nintendont
>>
File: 1434145502620.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
1434145502620.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>320166428
I turned on my console the first time and walked away, it updated to the latest firmware.
>>
Is there a way to install Homebrew Channel without Smash or any other game?
>>
>>320168192
Wii U updates don't affect the vWii. Besides loadline exploit is still on 5.5.
>>
>>320166428
For what purpose?

I could emulate wii games on PC and play them at insane upscaled res
>>
>>320168278
Nope. Cheapest option is Lego batman at GameStop for $5.
>>
>>320167972
Had issues with melee and double dash when I tried it a while ago. Unplayable input lag with players 2-4. Maybe it works for single player but I just emulate for that.
>>
>>320168324
But aren't there ways to prevent you from installing?
>>
>>320168990
Prevent what? Wii U updates? Just shut off automatic updates.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.