[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which console do you think will be the first one to go extinct.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: How long.jpg (61 KB, 624x402) Image search: [Google]
How long.jpg
61 KB, 624x402
Which console do you think will be the first one to go extinct.
Meaning all of its Working units will one day eventually die.
And only emulation will be able to play its exclusives.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 488x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 488x314
Most logical: Atari
>>
>>320163849
Original Xbox
>>
Dreamcast or Atari

Atari because of age and rarity

Dreamcast because of how few units were made
>>
Regular NES consoles, meaning the non-top loading kind.
>>
>>320165158

It's really easy to maintain an Atari though. Even an amateur could do a full repair of any components.
>>
>>320165158
But Atari has incredibly simple tech.
What makes you think it can actually break eventual.
And is not easy to repair.

Most CRT TVs still work today.
Hell even older BW ones work.
While you usually have to get a new LCD monitor at lest once every 10 years.
Although maybe i jut had bad luck.
>>
I'm worried we''ll never get Xbox emulation and it will disappear from the face of the earth. I have mine but I don't know how long it will last.

Same goes for Dreamcast but I don't even have mine anymore. Atari is old but easy to fix, I don't think it will be as bad a loss as all it's games are also emulatable in some way or another
>>
>>320165535
rarity of complainants

Plus I think we're talking about the natural life cycle of them, repairs don't count
>>
>>320165454
T be fair.
The Chinese have mass produced Clones.
And these clones are basically just NES technology.
The model number is relevant whats matters is the ability for a device to play the media flawlessly.
>>
>>320165685

Read the OP

>Meaning all of its Working units will one day eventually die.
>And only emulation will be able to play its exclusives.

If you can repair a broken console, then it isn't dead.
>>
There will probably be working examples available in museums or something for a long, long time.
>>
>>320165535
>>320165595
I was taking it like >>320165451 said
Because it's so old and really isn't sold anywhere except online anymore
OP asked which will go extinct first and in this case, the Atari is the most rare one of them, leading it to probably be the first one to go
>>
>>320165896
Musem? More like the mancave of some neckbeard now very old.
>>
>>320165896

Unless the fucking sea-otters destroy them. Damn their science!!!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.