[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is all the music on the radio in Fallout actually music from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: SQ1fX7M.png (1 MB, 1295x825) Image search: [Google]
SQ1fX7M.png
1 MB, 1295x825
Why is all the music on the radio in Fallout actually music from the real 50s?

Was no new music produced in the 130 years between WWII and the start of the Great War?
>>
>retro-futuristic
>it means it has the aesthetic of the past but technology we dont even have now
>>
>>320159612
Because fallout is set in the 50's, duh.
>>
>>320159612
>The wanderer
>50's
>>
>>320159612

Obviously

People listened to the same songs over and over and over between 1950 and 2077. Absolutely no new music, no new cars, no new TV shows, nothing was invented during those 100+ years except for new weapons. They didn't even ever invent technicolor or the internet, much less stuff like microwaves.
>>
>>320159815
Actually for the most part we have better tech now in real life than Fallout does in 2077.
>>
>>320160247
bull shit

I don't see any robot milfs like K.L.E.O walking around.
>>
File: Bleeding Plasma Shotty.webm (3 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Bleeding Plasma Shotty.webm
3 MB, 1200x800
>>320159612
But once you talk to that singer in Goodneighbour, all her songs get added to Diamond City radio. Theyre all original too.
>>
>>320161050
Oh, is that how all that shit ended up on the radio?
>>
Better question is why are there no quests where you have to go and fetch old records or whatever they used to store music on. It could be so the radio is locked or songs are locked until you find them.
>>
File: Bottlecap Mines.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Bottlecap Mines.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>320161354
Yeah it kind of bugged me at first too because 1 song in particular is so fucking depressing, but then theres another one thats pretty upbeat and easy to listen to.
>>
>>320160247
Compare MIT's robotics with The institute.
>>
>>320160939
You misunderstand. "Better tech" does not mean "we have the same kind of things that Fallout has." Automated ariel drones are better tech than bipedal titty-bots. They're more effective weapons of war that don't require a shitload of development in natural bipedal movement and pathfinding that an Assaultron would need to be functional.
>>
>>320161607
The Institute doesn't factor in, dingus. We're talking about 2077 at the very latest. The Institute wasn't a thing when the Great War started.
>>
>>320161920
Nothing is better than titty-bots anon.

If we truly did have better technology, we would have sex robots by now.
>>
>>320162137

We do though.
>>
it's the same music as fallout 3... th-thanks todd....
>>
>>320162137
Life will not be complete until I have a fuckbot in my possession
>>
>>320162623
No we don't. The ones you're thinking of are only in prototype stages. Nothing more than expensive flesh lights at the moment. And if butthurt women have their way, they won't ever become a reality.

>>320162714
Finally someone understands!
>>
>>320162623
Yeah, but they're obscenely expensive, and they look Fucking creepy, but I guess that's the price for convenient sex
>>
>>320159612
You should have listen to the cinematics anon, everything is explained
>>
>>320161596
Behemoths are way too rare in fo4
>>
>>320163224
Better than just having a set number in fallout 3, at about lvl 50 they become somewhat common in certain locations
>>
>>320160247
>can cure yourself of any physical addiction immediately.

yeah no
>>
Fallout tech is like WH40k Imperium tech - it's leagues more advanced than what we have, but progress has been warped and railroaded by a stagnant mindset in society.
It doesn't make sense that you could drive a bipedal robot with vacuum tubes, but I guess if you're stuck working with vacuum tubes for 100 years you're going to get really efficient at it.
>>
>>320159612
Because Fallout spent all their science on the energy storage and production part of the tech tree. IRL we have been spending ours on computers and wireless communication. The war was almost over by the time they discovered the transistor. All the everyday tech is based on vacuum tube and scanning electron tech. We've had the transistor since the late 40s but we still burn coal and oil for most of our energy. I don't think we will get to fusion batteries for another 100+ years.
>>
>>320164791
>Hurr durr technology differences
>OP asks why there isn't any new music
Are you an actual retarded person? Can you read? How did you manage to type your response out while being illiterate?
>>
>>320159612
>Why is all the music on the radio in Fallout actually music from the real 50s?

The music you hear was "popular" just prior to the war, at least according to the loading screens in Fallout 4.

Meaning one of two things:

>In the Fallout universe that music wasn't made until the 2070s because of the eternal boner for 1950s culture

or

>music made in the 1950s was popular in the 2070s because of the eternal boner for 1950s culture

It doesn't really matter either way, it's there to reinforce the aesthetic of the series.
>>
>>320159612
People don't seem to realize that from the beginning (Fallout 1) that the prewar is supposed to represent the 1940s idea of what the future would look like. So just like people decades ago were predicting the Jetsons in 2005 and the World Fair predicted weird ass vehicles and other things, Fallout's prewar world is like that. It's entirely fiction and was never intended to make sense from the beginning.
>>
File: 2015-11-30-1756-05_VP8_005.webm (978 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30-1756-05_VP8_005.webm
978 KB, 720x480
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.