[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has setteled and we've seen the best from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Mass Effect vs Witcher series.jpg (728 KB, 3009x905) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect vs Witcher series.jpg
728 KB, 3009x905
Now that the dust has setteled and we've seen the best from both Bioware and CDPR can we safely say

Mass Effect trilogy >> Witcher trilogy?
>>
>>320156879

>best of Bioware

Come on, I loved Mass Effect but Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Neverwinters Night, Kotor?
>>
File: original.png (151 KB, 1023x378) Image search: [Google]
original.png
151 KB, 1023x378
>>320156879
Yeah, ok. It's awesome, for a game that touts choices having an impact on the story line, and then just shit down your throat and tell you NOTHING you ever did in ANY of the games matter at all. It was all pointless, and for nothing.
But no, I bought the first game on pc and x360 I think (x360 died, and I couldn't be bothered to fix or get it fixed). and never bothered getting past the first time you drive the little buggy around on a planet and scan shit.
>>
>>320158174

Still better than witchershit
>>
File: mass effect 7.png (806 KB, 1200x836) Image search: [Google]
mass effect 7.png
806 KB, 1200x836
>>320156879
But I will admit, mass effect DOES do ONE thing better...
>>
Well yeah, the Witcher is just mediocre western fantasy based off of an already existing source.

Mass Effect created an entire universe.
>>
File: ME 3ENDING.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ME 3ENDING.webm
2 MB, 640x360
the only thing bad about witcher 3 was the graphical downgrade
cause everyone that played the older ones knew the sword gameplay would be kinda shitty
>>
Mass Effect was not Bioware at the height of their abilities, sorry to say.
>>
>>320156879
Yes.
>>
>>320156879
>Now that the dust has setteled
The dust never settles.
>>
>>320158458
Wait, this was real? I thought the ending thing was a meme.
Holy shit, how can anyone defend this?
>>
>>320158458
Jeez, poor mass effect fans.
That's honestly just the shittiest thing ever.
>>
>>320158743
>how can anyone defend this?

it was pretty much limited to people on EA's payroll
>>
>>320158743
MUH ART! UR ENTITLED!

Anyways. The more insulting part wasn't just this ending, it's that they made the ending a "push button, receive ending" kind of deal. Your choices before that point were irrelevant.

Then of course there are things like the endings all contradict the narrative up until this point, better endings were scrapped in favor of this one, and the fact that you went through an entire trilogy only to find that you weren't allowed to be triumphant.
>>
>>320158743
>he thought we were exaggerating the red/blue/green endings

I'm sorry anon.
>>
File: gosh darn it.gif (2 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
gosh darn it.gif
2 MB, 500x337
>>320158743

Nobody defends this and you know that.

Bioware made two fanatstic games and one disappointment that was still fun to play (it also had GOAT multiplayer).

CDPR made one good game and two borderline unplayable pieces of shit even witcherfags struggle to get through.
>>
File: good idea.jpg (74 KB, 1275x697) Image search: [Google]
good idea.jpg
74 KB, 1275x697
>>320158458
>Reminder that merge made no sense and nothing similar was present in the ME universe up to that point
>Reminder that even in the control ending the jumpgate still appears to explode
>Reminder that blowing up all the jump gates dooms millions of ayylmaos to starvation in Earth's solar system where there is no food for them
>Reminder that you literally proved the starcunt wrong an hour before the ending and you can't mention this to him
>Reminder "The Shepard"
>Reminder the ending contained stock photos and a two silhouettes of Shepard, one made smaller to appear to be a child

Someone post the still mad image
>>
>>320160517
>>Reminder that blowing up all the jump gates dooms millions of ayylmaos to starvation in Earth's solar system where there is no food for them
they can just rebuild that shit
>>
>>320160664
They can't, the jumpgates were designed by The Reapers so that they could be used without the user knowing how they work. This applies to the Citadel too. It was a how the Reapers were able to destroy the galaxy so many times before.
>>
>>320160664
No. They couldn't just rebuild the mass relays. Mass Relays were such supertech that they were never able to build new ones.
>>
>>320158174
>posting that image unironically
I think you're a retard

If you count all the ways your squad can die in ME3 there'd be a big tree too. ME2 has two endings, save the base or destroy it. Who lives doesn't even matter.
>>
>>320160517
>Reminder that merge made no sense and nothing similar was present in the ME universe up to that point
Saren, Shepard, the husks, and the Collectors

>Reminder that you literally proved the starcunt wrong an hour before the ending and you can't mention this to him
Yeah, every peace ever brokered was absolute and permanent right?
>>
>>320160929

if they didnt know how the gates worked they would not have working mass effect engines

and they would not rebuild it
they would take the pieces and "fix" it
>>
>>320164072
They don't have mass effect engines, they just trigger the gate and it throws them across the galaxy. They use FTL engines to get between the gates but they are much slower.

>>320163883
Saren, the husks and the collectors are all just slaves of the reapers. Shepard's implants aren't sentient. Merge implies that machines and organic life merge together with no overlord controlling them, they just continue to act independently while all being "the same" some how.
>>
>>320165035
>Saren, the husks and the collectors are all just slaves of the reapers.
this is accurate

>Shepard's implants aren't sentient
also accurate but stupid to point out. Saren's arm isn't sentient but Saren and Shepard are.

>Merge implies that machines and organic life merge together with no overlord controlling them
again, accurate

>they just continue to act independently while all being "the same" some how.
so it seems like you understand the ending. What's your problem?

Starchild says they were working on synthesis, they just couldn't do it. Shepard is what they needed. Now why that works makes no sense and is never explained, but your problem was there was no precedent for machine and organic merging when there has been in every game.
>>
>>320165416
There is no precedent of people and machines existing as one. It is always people using machines or machines using people. How it works, why we would want it or even what it is is never explained. It's stupid.
>>
>>320165754
So to you, having an intermediate between two shown conditions is just too revolutionary. Got it.
It's okay to point out the actual flaws of the ending, but when you focus on non-issues like this it calls into question why you actually don't like ME3.

>why we would want it or even what it is is never explained
It solves the organic vs synthetic inevitable extinction problem by giving each side the ability to understand each other and their own terms. At least, that's what starchild says.
>>
>>320166137
>just too revolutionary
Are you not seeing the huge plot hole? Humans and machines don't need to merge to understand each other, as proven when you stop a generation long war and when you put a super AI into a killbot and she remains completely reasonable.
>>
>>320166817
Do you want to talk about the merging or EDI and the Geth? They're different issues and you're arguing for something completely separate from "how does synthesis work".

This is why I hate talking about ME3. Every time I try to explain something, the person jumps to a new topic tangentially related.
>>
>>320167115
It is very related.

"Why do we want synthesis?"
"So we can better understand each other."
"But we can already do that, here are two recent-"
"LALALA CAN'T FUCKING HEAR YOU NOW PICK A COLOR FAGATRON"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.