[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start up a Souls game >decide to make a build >very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].jpg (293 KB, 679x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
293 KB, 679x1000
>Start up a Souls game
>decide to make a build
>very quickly turn that build into a ranger build
>Know that I'm going to go Ranger for Dragon's Dogma too

I can't stop. Bows are just too cool and too practical.
>>
>>320155107
At least DD rangers are directly inspired by him.
You can even get his clothing and moves like Threefold/Fivefold/etc. shot.
>>
Bows suck in souls game. If you just want a ranged attack you are better of with crossbows or a spell.
>>
I never play archers but I couldn't help myself in DD. That longbow class was really damn fun in that game.
>>
>>320155506
>Bows suck in souls game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnxNkX5stU
>>
>>320155506
Unless you get Simon's Bowblade.
Charging arrows, firing arrows like Legolas.
>>
>>320155506
They are decent in 2 but really only as a means to inflict poison.
Bow of Want was cool, but required Dex/Faith and there weren't any interesting pure Dex options.

They look much better in 3 though. Mark my words, they're going to rip off Dogma's bow skills for their weapon arts.
>>
It all comes down to how the game handles arrow management to me.
I can't have fun if I'm hoarding materials and ending the game with a pack of rare arrows that I told myself I'd save for the next fight
>>
Bows in souls games are always tools for doing cheesy stuff like poison arrows, aggroing only one enemy or shooting maneater through the fog gate.
>>
>>320156675
>aggroing only one enemy

I do that sometimes. But I also use bows for bosses too. It depends entirely on the boss.

That Flamelurker that everyone says is super hard? Much more managable with a bow. You keep your distance and fire away. If he gets close dash away.
>>
Wait, have you not played Ranger in Dragon's Dogma? Oh dear, are you in for some shit.
>>
>>320157096

Good or bad ?
>>
>>320157160
Amazing. You'll be disappointed with every Ranger class in every other game from here on out
>>
>>320157160
Extremely good. You can get explosive arrows and then fire ten of them into a monster's face at once.
>>
>do a greatsword build in DaS because i like killing giant monsters with giant swords.
>dress my guy only in the tattered looking pyromancer pants because i think the savage monk looks best with a giant sword.

>try to do a great sword build in BB, but it just doesnt mesh well with the gothic setting.
>do a threaded cane build instead because it fits in well with my dapper clothes and top hat.

I always have an urge to minmax in souls games but i always end up doing a fashion build.
>>
File: harrowed_set.jpg (155 KB, 418x819) Image search: [Google]
harrowed_set.jpg
155 KB, 418x819
>>320158114
Bloodborne has tattered sets too.
>>
>>320158114
Fashion Souls is where it's at
>>
>>320158114
>not wanting to be a cosmic possessed madman
Pleb
>>
>>320155107
I tried to make a non-bow character in Blackguards 2, coulndt do it.
Ended up not playing it, Arcane archer in that game is moderatly op and so much fun
>>
>>320157160
Imagine being able to do godly DPS while also having access to almost every debilitation in the game.

There are arrows that sleep,poison, silence, slow, petrify, oil, and literally one shot kill, although those last ones cost 300,000 gold each.
>>
File: spelunk.jpg (103 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
spelunk.jpg
103 KB, 1024x576
>>320158114
>he doesn't spelunk in rags
>>
>>320157160
The best thing imo about DD archery is that it gives arrows a greater feeling of impact than what games usually do. Charging up a shot and knocking a monster of its feet feels great
>>
>>320161237

i'm gonna cum
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.