[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name me one RTS better than this >pro tip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Crusadercover.jpg (153 KB, 388x500) Image search: [Google]
Crusadercover.jpg
153 KB, 388x500
Name me one RTS better than this

>pro tip: you can't
>>
>>320153016
>pro tip: you can't
/thread
>>
>>320153016
>one of the first PC games I ever bought
>lent the DVD to a friend in middle school
>never gave it back
Fuck you Roberto
>>
I got this game HD from the 3$ GoG mystery box sale
I had no clue what was going on and went back to my Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
>>
File: Sketch275161223.png (534 KB, 791x540) Image search: [Google]
Sketch275161223.png
534 KB, 791x540
>>320153016
Shitposting aside, AoE2 with the new expansion feels mighty comfy
>>
Stronghold 2. Crusaders might as well be a reskin.
>>
>>320154032
Hard to compare the two really, AoE2 is an old fashioned RTS, Crusader and stronghold in general is a peculiar experience, which is why I love it.

I love how the game is complex through simplicity, and how the economy of every player is visible and can be manipulated. If you're persistent and patient, you can slowly cripple a whole food economy using just a handful of ninjas by destroying the opponents apple farms, untill he runs out of wood to buy more - provided you cut off his wood supply aswell. Even if you don't, he'll have to spend money on food to fill the deficit, which means less mercenaries for him.

Shit like this just goes on all the time. The gave lives and breathes right in front of your eyes, the AI behavior is pre-determined, yeah, but it still has a really amazing amount of dynamic.

There isn't anything going on between the curtains, every transaction, every soldier's sword, every gold piece in the game comes from somewhere and goes somewhere, and you can literally see it happen.
>>
FA
>>
>>320154417
nigga you're whack, stronghold 2 and onward is shit

firefly studios really bit the crapper after crusader
>>
>>320153016
Holy shit this brings back fucking memories.

>>320153806
Couldn't you play the game with-out the disk though? That's what I remember.
>>
File: 136881.jpg (7 KB, 198x226) Image search: [Google]
136881.jpg
7 KB, 198x226
NONE SHALL PASS
>>
I had a shitton of fun with this game when i was younger. Yet i was shit so i was never able to complete the quest when you have to assault the red castle to pass trough. Still building my own castle to see how much it can resist against unlimited units and just developing mode was fun.
>>
it aged really fucking well
>>
File: AntonSlavik.jpg (204 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
AntonSlavik.jpg
204 KB, 640x480
>>320153016
>>
File: The people love you, my lord.png (158 KB, 272x207) Image search: [Google]
The people love you, my lord.png
158 KB, 272x207
>>320153016
Definitely one of my all time top ten, but as a pure RTS experience I would have to say AoE2 beats it out. Base building in extreme detail, its great. Honestly if it had a more dynamic market supply and demand system like AoE it might even beat it out. However it can never capture the truly random aspects and the feel of exploration AoE has to offer. Its a tough call.
>>
THIS ARMOR'S HEAVY
>>
File: Pikeman.jpg (7 KB, 173x290) Image search: [Google]
Pikeman.jpg
7 KB, 173x290
>>320155047
>big group of pikemen
>group them all
>move them to choke point
>battle music begins to swell
>engage the enemy
>HOW MANY FIT ON THIS STICK, EH!
>>
>that nice music
>people going about their business and greeting you
>drunkards having good time in tavern
>trees moving in the wind
>granary and stockpile filling with goode
Stronghold is the comfiest RTS.
>>
who wants to play?
>>
>>320157850
this fucking game wished me Good Year during the 25 dicember.
>>
>>320154707
I would give anything for a Crusader with much improved and more dynamic AI
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.