[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone part of the closed alpha? Totally forgot about this game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Anyone part of the closed alpha? Totally forgot about this game, checked out some of the gameplay videos from the website and was pretty underwhelmed, also seems like they've gone full microtransactions with buying different weapons/skins with their in-game points.
>>
it's shit, was supposed to be planetside: 40k edition at first but it turned out to be an abortion
>>
>>320146893
It's shit and was meant to be shit from the first moment. Just another cashgrab made with diehard 40K fans in mind.
>>
>>320147138
Yeah I remember that was how it was first sold as, what happened with it?
>>
>>320147396
the scale is just not as big as what was promised, maps and player count aren't even battlefield tier
>>
>>320146893
I'm in.

Gameplay is alright. If you enjoyed Space Marine multiplayer you'll like this.

But as >>320147138 said it's not what it was initially promised. From what's been said it's basically gonna be a lobby based shooter with a meaningless world map. We have no concrete figures on player counts yet but I'm not holding out much hope that it'll even match Battlefield.

Basically it isn't an MMO anymore. The only reason they refuse to drop the MMO label is because people are much less willing to accept cash shop bullshit in a b2p shooter.

Oh yeah, and f2p orks are gone.
>>
>>320147396
It was all lies, basically. Their marketing guy made plenty of pompous promises he knew the developers wouldn't have been able to keep, he created the whole founder program to start grabbing people's money, and then he ran away once things started falling apart.
>>
>>320147664
>Oh yeah, and f2p orks are gone.

wait what, that i didn't know
worst thing ive heard all day
>>
>>320147834
http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/free-to-waagh-is-currently-out.49265/

Though to be honest we knew this was coming for a while. Any time it was brought up the devs would say that the concept was being "reworked" aka devspeak for dead feature.
>>
That's a damn shame, been getting bored with the stuff I'm currently playing and trying to branch out. Is there some sort of unwritten rule stating that all GW games inevitably end up flopping?
>>
I do enjoy playing it but I have a feeling it will take forever to be even close to what we we're told. Atleast the new map is coming out today. Time will tell but I have hope.
>>
>>320147138
>40k game after dawn of war
>its shit

WHO WOULDA THUNK
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.