[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion of David Jaffe and his body of work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2128716-jaffe[1].jpg (234 KB, 724x724) Image search: [Google]
2128716-jaffe[1].jpg
234 KB, 724x724
What's /v/'s opinion of David Jaffe and his body of work?
>>
Has he made anything other than twisted metal?
>>
>>320147072
didn't he make the first God of War?
>>
>>320146823
>What's /v/'s opinion of David Jaffe and his body of work?

I like him as a person and a dev, but I honestly only liked the earlier TM and God of War out his games.
Everything he has been a part of since GoW1 hasn't been good.
His new game, Drawn to Death or w/e doesn't look good either.
>>
>>320147494
pretty sure that game has been canceled by now.

he should have stayed with SCEA
>>
>>320147885
>pretty sure that game has been canceled by now.

Follow the time code, this was taken from PSX
https://youtu.be/z1IgcnzuS_A?t=8m47s
>>
>>320146823

Well, I think he is cool. Any anti SJWs is an ok person for me. He also hates kotaku/polygon
Regarding his body of work I think he is a bit fat. Maybe getting more fit would work for him.

I like his games tho
>>
He seems like he might be an asshole IRL, but I liked Twisted Metal and God of War. I don't know what else he's been involved in.
>>
>>320148956
>I don't know what else he's been involved in.

Mickey Mania
Kinetica
Twisted Metal series
GoW 1-2
Calling All Cars
Drawn to Death
>>
>still no announcement for what the new God of War is
>series jumped the shark without Jaffe
>Santa Monica hasn't made a good game in forever
>Jaffe wanted the new God of War to be a Norse mythology crossover
>gets fucked by SCEA with Twisted Metal
>still goes back for some edgy f2p shooter that's probably going to die on arrival instead of bringing him in to bring life to SSM
Jaffe has it hard, he's been with the company so long that if he cared enough he could be the western Yoshida. Twisted Metal has by far the best gameplay in the genre, it sucks they cut so many characters and that Sony never fixed the servers
>>
>>320149221
>calling all cars
Only bad mark on his resume IMO
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.