[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I missed out the discussion/shitposting about this game. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Pillars_of_Eternity.jpg (47 KB, 290x366) Image search: [Google]
Pillars_of_Eternity.jpg
47 KB, 290x366
I missed out the discussion/shitposting about this game. What did /v/ think about it?
>>
>>320142203
shit sprinkled with sjw confetti and painted like a deep and meaningful RPG with an engaging story
>>
Better than almost anything else. But almost everything else is shit so take that as you will.
>>
Excellent game. Not as good as, say, Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape Torment, Mask of the Betrayer or Arcanum. But easily the best CRPG released in the past 7 years.
>>
>>320142684

Pretty much this, there are 1 or 2 other games that were better than this, but it was good for what it was and what it aimed to do. A few notes:

>those backer npcs are shit and were a mistake
>story was underwhelming compared to most Obsidian stuff.
>combat may not be to most peoples liking because of J Sawyers balancing.
>>
>>320142203
worst obsidian game to date
>>
File: 1450040415473.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450040415473.png
296 KB, 649x649
Pillars of Eternity or Original Sin Enhanced Edition?

Which is the better CRPG?
>>
>>320143805
Divinity has a way better combat system

Pillars of Eternity has a way better everything else.

So, Pillars. But they're both worth your time, to be honest. Even if Divinity isn't worth finishing, it's still worth messing around for 10 to 15 hours for it's combat alone.
>>
>>320143805
I just finished PoE and I played D;OS non enhanced a few months ago- I think I preferedd D:OS overall. PoE is much more similar to say Baldur's Gate, but I think the turnbased style combat of D:OS works better. I preferred the writing in D:OS also.
>>
>>320143805
Play divinity and you'll have fun
Play Pillars and you'll get bored.
>>
>>320144212
>Pillars of Eternity has a way better everything else.

No
>>
>>320144442
Yes
>>
>>320143805
do you like having fun or do you like reading a good book
>>
>>320143805
Divinity is much better.
>>
File: poeisshit.png (136 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
poeisshit.png
136 KB, 420x300
>>320143805
>>
>>320144593
>Pillars of Eternity
>Not fun

>Punching the shit out of fuckers while your chanter chants schemes and summons skeletons and your magician throws fireballs, confuses and paralyzes people.
>Not fun

I'll grant you that Divinity has a better combat system, but how the fuck are you ADHD kids now in the position where you pretend Pillars is fun? Fuck off.
>>
It's a decent game that's going to be better once they release the second expansion and iron it out with patches. Game gets a lot of shit because people expected to automatically be GOTY for no real reason.
>>
>>320143805
Pillars has better characters, story, and a more interesting world. I also prefer the class system in Pillars to the one in Divinity.

Divinity has a better battle system and is generally just easier to play. There's not as much going on and the spell system is really fucking neat.

Overall I'd recommend Divinity because I know it's more palatable, but I personally enjoyed Pillars more.
>>
>>320144593
>reading a good book
The writing in PoE is awful and I'm not talking about the backer NPC's.
>>
>>320143805
They're not really alike if you know your RPGs. DOS is great if you have someone to co-op with, though.
>>
>>320143805
depends on what you want. you can also throw wasteland 2 dc in there.
>>
Drop this shit and play Wasteland 2
>>
>>320144536
Not that guy but

NO
>>
Everybody who's playing it still are. No time to discuss it here, hence no dank memes.
>>
>>320143805
I say Divinity
>>
>>320144919
didn't it try to snitch a GOTY award this year?
Well then there's a good reason
>>
>>320143805
SR: Dragonfall
>>
>>320145228
This
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.