[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so wrong that nothing can fix this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 76979797.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
76979797.jpg
222 KB, 1280x720
What went so wrong that nothing can fix this game?
>>
EA
>>
The game was not aimed at the casuals that played Battlefront II ten years ago. It is aimed at the casuals that bought a PS4 as a Netflix machine today. That means it has to be as dumb as Call of Duty if not more so. Battlefront was designed on every level to be as shallow as possible so that it could best attract the many millions of people seeing the new Star Wars movie.
>>
>>320138770
Typical EA arrogance.

They thought they could make an ultra-casual shooter that would somehow magically allow them to steal the audiences of every other major shooter on the market. EA never seems to realize that this isn't how things work, people who like CoD are, guess what, going to play CoD. People who play WoW aren't going to want to play Tortanic, because that's not WoW. You're not going to steal the audience of other games, that's simply not how it works. You make a good game, and if the game is good enough, you develop an audience naturally.

They thought they could ride on Star Wars hype alone, and normally they'd be right. But combined with the first point of making the most generic and bland shooter imaginable in some insane attempt to steal audiences, they sabotaged themselves.
>>
>>320138904
/thread
>>
>>320138904
This and Disney.
>>
>>320139214
Imagine how much more fun this game would've been if they at least gave it BF4 levels of loadout / gunplay.
>>
>>320139397
>320139397
It'd be my GOTY for sure if they had done that. I mean, I didn't want a BF4 reskin, but BF4 reskin would have been leagues better than what we got. BF4 is actually a decent game now too, funnily enough. Probably because EA stopped paying attention to it.
>>
the game isn't actually broken
it's just not fun
>>
http://swbstats.com/

>divide an already tiny playerbase with map pack DLC
>give no fucks about balancing the maps, weapons, heroes or 'star cards'
>abundance of hackers in the game, see at least one every day
>season pass costs just as much as the game and has more content than the game.
>EA
>DICE Sweden
etc etc, it was doomed to fail.
>>
it's not a spiritual successor to BF2
sure, the engine is beautiful, but BF2 is still a much better game
>>
EA and DICE.
>>
File: dingo.jpg (23 KB, 552x424) Image search: [Google]
dingo.jpg
23 KB, 552x424
I have already put 65 hours into it and I'm still having a lot of fun.
>>
>>320138770
Game is fixable, it was designed like this because ea kniw you dumb fags would pay 60 for this shit, and pay another 60 for each expansion to "fix" their game.
>>
>>320139867
Are you a vegetable
>>
>Spawning
The spawning in this game is one of the worst I've ever seen. You can literally spawn in front of the same hero/AT-ST/Group of enemies upwards of 10 times before the game will spawn you somewhere else.

>Endor
Easily the worst map. There is nothing you can do once your team is on the backfoot since you will spawn miles away from npot only your own control point but also the one you're meant to be capturing. The inclusion of the AT-ST in this map baffles me since it is a game changer given the tight claustrophobic environment

>Hoth
Possibly the most balanced map however the Empire easily has the best side to defend given that the Rebel control point is on the low ground, the inside area is a fucking nightmare however.

>Tatooine
Weighted almost exclusively in the Rebels favor on supremacy since they spawn round the fucking corner to the objective while the Empire spawns a mile away and can only access the control area via a series of bottlenecks

>Guns
The game is basically a matter of "Shoot and pray I'm left standing" since the guns are basically the same and offer so little in terms of actual variety you'll end up just being lucky many times when you shoot someone

>Scoring
The games focus on who got the most kills tends to ruin the objective gamemodes since everyone is going for a KD ratio rather than the objective, this only becomes obvious when you have 3-4 players dedicated to do the objective because the games will last minutes because no one is contesting the players going for the objectives

>Control Points
It is basically down to luck when you capture a control point, this is basically decided on two factors, that your team is making a push and the enemy team is spawning too far away to stop you

>Heroes
Han and Princess are objectively the best heroes, Fett is okay but because of a lack of zoom and his burst rifle he loses out since Han and basically camp the map
>>
>>320139798
Le sweden maymuy! XD
>>
There's nothing wrong with the gameplay, but everyone I know refused to purchase it because $110 is too much for the game and DLC.
>>
>>320140116
>There's nothing wrong with the gameplay
>>
>>320140114
What the fuck are you on about you retard? DICE Sweden is the ones in charge of Battlefront. While DICE LA are the ones who have patched BF4 until it was good.

It's not even a meme.
>>
>>320140069
Cont.

>Fighters
The rebel ships are superior than the Empire ships, makes for pretty boring dogfights

>Powerups
These make some sense but everyone takes the same loadouts since only a handful are actually viable, plus respawning grenades was a retarded idea

>Turrets
These fuckers are insane when you consider the splash damage alone is a 2-3 hit kill and that lava map gives the Empire one right away resulting in many deaths instantly

>Health
You simply have too much health

>Customization
Literally none to speak of. Pure bullshit on this front.
>>
Even with the actual game being so fucking shitty, and having the most shallow combat experience of the year they could have got me. If they had put in Galactic Conquest, I would have been done for. Battlefront died years ago, we will never get another decent Star Wars game.
>>
>games don't start unless they fill up the server
>usually so dead it will never fill up
>no bots to replace players so you're forced to wait or not play
>only 2 viable modes if you want reasonable queues
I wonder where all the apologists are ;)
>>
What I dont understand and never will is: why did they cut spacefights?
Imagine what you could have done with the frostbyte engine and destruction, blasting away on Star Destroyers while your team tries to board it and gets sucked into space because of a hole in the wall you just made you would have multiple ways to get to the command center obviously, but those near the hull wouldnt have defense turrets or so because of the possible destruction..
>>
>>320139617

>but BF4 reskin would have been leagues better than what we got.

I always bring this up when people cry 'WAAAH BATTLEFIELD CLONE'. Motherfucker, I WISH it was a Battlefield clone.
>>
>>320140364

It's because everybody at DICE Sweden was replaced by Somali immigrants.
>>
The fuck you mean nigguh

game works fine on my PS4, as for what went wrong I don't know but please do tell me what went right because with the amount of content this game has I shouldn't be loving it as much as I am

now gimmie dat Force Awakens DLC EA you cunts
>>
>>320140114
le funny memes aside, how "diverse" is battflefront in termins of typical SJW-requirements? (black women, homosexual men, transsexual men, anything pro-women)
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-14-13-33-12.png (227 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-14-13-33-12.png
227 KB, 1440x2560
>>320140069
> Han and Leia are best heros

Neither of those are Sheev you pleb

>>320138770
The only thing wrong is shitty controller support on PC and questionable spawns in pretty much every mode. At least they're still balancing it and I've got my moneys worth.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.