[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
children's card games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Any other HS players here?
>>
>Want to get into this game
>Play for a week every 2 months
>Realize ill have to shell out 30 dollars for an expansion to get any good cards and quit again
I also suck ass at drafting so my arena runs end after like 2 wins.
>>
>>320132132

I play it casually and I haven't paid a single buck so far.
I don't mind I'll never get to unlock all cards before the next expansion comes out, it means I'll always have a goal to work towards.
If I had all the cards I would probably stop playing.
>>
>>320132132
it's not necessarily that you suck, it's that 90% of your games are played against people using something like HearthArena to tell them what to pick

fortunately, a lot of them aren't very good at the game but they generally have a more consistent deck than anyone not using an addon
>>
I thought I would like it since I like WoW and I like Magic The Gathering. I ended up hating it. It's too over-balanced like most Blizzard games. I'm used to CCGs with crazy strategies and ass pulls and HS just doesn't have that aspect (or doesn't have it nearly as much as MTG does).
>>
>>320132132

f2p is pretty hard in this game, yeah. I bought the adventures as they came out cause fuck grinding.

Starting now, it takes like three months to grind the gold to buy all three OR ~80 bucks, and that kinda sucks.
>>
>>320132457

>hearthstone
>overbalanced

I'm confused
>>
F2P shitter here, gave up after about a year of playing last week and picked it back up today. Still not fun but I can't help myself.
>>
>>320132636
I don't mean its balanced as much as I mean there's too much meddling with balance. The proper way to balance an overpowered ability in a competitive game is to introduce a counter to it. Not to nerf it. Blizzard loves nerfs instead of introducing new content to counter existing powerful content.

If you look at a real (physical) CCG, developers can't just rebalance cards that already exist. The most they can do is ban them competitively. But more often than not, they just introduce counters in the next block. This is the best way to do it, since it continuously ramps up the strategy level of the game and makes it more fun with crazier and crazier builds and ideas. Blizzard's "everything must be equal" stance (on all their games, not just HS) sucks the fun out of games.
>>
>>320133557

Problem is, cards don't rotate out in hearthstone. If they did, maybe the devs could balance out a lot of stupidly powerful things with stupidly powerful counters.
>>
>>320132452

I don't understand how people can't be good at arena. its much, much easier than constructed.
>>
>>320134136

I'd like to see your highest arena key, son.
>>
>>320134136

You have to play with a deck you're unfamiliar with that may or may not be shit due to bad luck.
>>
File: 1234123492342.jpg (83 KB, 350x322) Image search: [Google]
1234123492342.jpg
83 KB, 350x322
WHY DOES BLIZZARD KEEP RAISING THE ARENA COST
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.