[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Steam take so long to download games? I've got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: steam.png (213 KB, 1920x388) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
213 KB, 1920x388
Why does Steam take so long to download games?

I've got good internet, it shouldn't take this long to download a game from 2004
>>
>>320122127
>buying shitty updated SA with all the good music removed because R* was too lazy to renew licenses

>392.6 KB/s
>good internet
>>
lol pleb gta
>>
>>320122127
"I've got good internet" with no proof to back up your claim, enjoy your shit download speed
>>
>>320122373
>not just moding in your own music
>>
>playing San Andreas on Steam
LMAO
Go pirate the game, the Steam version is messed up
also, if you have a PS2 lying around, play San Andreas on that
http://youtu.be/YhA1rjd91p0
PS2 version has better animations and other minor differences
Make sure you turn on frame limiter in the options
have fun OP
>>
>>320122562
You can't even mod the game properly with the Steam version of the game though
>>
>>320122562
>mods
>not playing the game it's meant to be played
>>
>>320122127
You're probably connected to some meme server, check your settings/download.
>>
>>320122646
none of that matters when the ps2 versio barely maintains 20 fps
>>
Anything under 1 mb dow load is shit internet, and even then that's slow.
>>
File: really.jpg (9 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
9 KB, 200x283
>>320122782
>lacking music is how it's meant to be played
>>
>>320123005
You don't have a soundtrack in real life anon
>>
>>320122901
The PC version with frame limiter on is capped at 25 fps
PS2 version is at 30 fps with drops to 27~ occasionally
It's still better on PS2 even with the framerate, faggot
>>
I can easily download anything at Steam at 9 Mbps. But that shit origin don't let me download more than 3 Mbps.
>>
File: lol.jpg (206 KB, 1278x717) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
206 KB, 1278x717
>>320123141
haha you best be kidding
ps2 version drops under 20 fps constantly and averages barely above 20.

you can easily cap any pc game at whatever frame rate you want so please go back to your shitty playstation
>>
change the download region in the settings
>>
>>320122127
well look buddy, I have 120MB/s internet that I'm paying roughly 18 € monthly, Steam games usually download at 10-20 MB/s and that's still quite enough for games.
Your internet is shit.
>>
>>320122127
That's you're internet, not Steam. I've got shit internet and Steam downloads games at around 500-600Kb/s.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.