[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is gonna be a gigantic failure, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 41
File: image:414.jpg (35 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
image:414.jpg
35 KB, 1424x800
This is gonna be a gigantic failure, right?
>>
Maybe not a gigantic failure. Maybe Wii U failure, with a small portion of /v/ defending it daily.
>>
>>320120623
Let's wait and see what it is first.
>>
File: console differences.jpg (132 KB, 1199x375) Image search: [Google]
console differences.jpg
132 KB, 1199x375
It's going to be a failure, measure yet to be determined
>>
>>320120623
I hope so
>>
>>320120623
I have a PC. I don't really care how it turns out.
>>
How come we have a thread every day about a Nintendo product we know nothing off?\

How come these threads are always filled with people claiming to know anything about it?
>>
>>320121686
>PC wins again
How do you consolefags even maintain the will to live?
>>
File: CHd1IEGWwAAn_bD.jpg (31 KB, 599x562) Image search: [Google]
CHd1IEGWwAAn_bD.jpg
31 KB, 599x562
>>320120623

Hopefully. Nintendo really need to get their shit together. The Wii U is kind of pathetic.

Yeah, none of the other consoles are doing so hot right now either, but the Wii U doesn't really have a future aside from
>Kowashitai
>Starfox 0
>Zelda U
>Zelda You Already Played This HD 2

I'll be getting Starfox 0 and SMTxFE more than likely, but I probably won't be buying any more Nintendo home consoles. I don't care about Amiibos, I don't really give a fuck about Smash. If the Wii U is any indication of what the NX will have that I might actually be interested in, then it'll be the occasional third party game with the faint help of a new Metroid dangling like a carrot on a stick.

Still assblasted that they fucked over Fatal Frame 5 NTSC the way that they did. What a bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>320122416
Give it a few years and consoles will be completely eclipsed by simple mobile games so much that no one wants to make a dedicated gaming machine anymore.
>>
It's gonna try out the whole Console/Handheld thing again, which was a bust with Wii U
Worse this time, because it's gonna be a literal controller with a touch screen on it, buttons poking out and everything

It was also claimed to not be as strong as a PS4 so hey, it'll be at the bottom of the chain again

It's going to force Amiibos again..."yay"

And of course, since it's being released in the middle of the Xbone/PS4's lifetime, it'll end up ending just when PS5/X-something are being released, leaving Nintendo in a one step-behind trail

TL;DR it looks like its gonna bust
>>
File: 1396495696222.png (90 KB, 318x235) Image search: [Google]
1396495696222.png
90 KB, 318x235
>>320121764
>>
>>320122774

This was said a few years ago, and mobile gaming is on a decline compared to what it was a few years ago.

Not gonna happen kiddo.
>>
File: 1429812405199.png (114 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1429812405199.png
114 KB, 500x387
>>320120623
>comes out
>it's a Wii U
>with an HD gamepad
>>
Yeah its going to be a catastrophic disaster.

Unfortunately I get off on this shit so I'm going to preorder it.
>>
>>320122881

Source on it being weaker than the PS4? Everything that has been stated so far has claimed that it'll be more powerful than the xbone and ps4.

I don't believe the NX will bust any worse than the Wii U at least, there'll always be a market for Nintendo's IPs, so they'll always be able to sell it as the next smash bros machine or w.e
>>
fuck Nintendo
where's Sega's console? When the hell will they get another chance to make one?
For fucks sake they were way better at this then the others, hell they did the Console/Handheld thing almost 14 years before Nintendo did it
>>
Preventive shitposting from a system we know nothing about.
>>
>Launching early 2016

Yeah nah. We don't even have a controller image or ONE fucking vIdEo GaMe
>>
File: 1449587650334.gif (1 MB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
1449587650334.gif
1 MB, 500x324
>>320120623

hopefully. I've wanted Nintendo to die for years.
>>
>>320122774

If this was going to happen, it would've happened already.

Mobile market is doing poorly compared to a few years ago compared to GTA5 recently making more money than any singular piece of media. Doom needs to make sense if you're gonna be doomsaying.
>>
>>320122881
>It's gonna try out the whole Console/Handheld thing again, which was a bust with Wii U

The NX is replacing both the Wii U AND the 3DS. It comes apart and one part doubles as a portable unit. You can daisy chain multiple systems for increased performance, so it WILL be more powerful than any other system, or at least will have the potential to be.
>>
>>320123138
It's just a rumor, anon
but it's not unrealistic since Nintendo consoles have always been weaker than the competition and Nintendo never cared
>>
>>320120780
>Maybe Wii U failure
>not giagantic
>>
>>320123398
>Mario & Luigi will finally be on a console
FFFFUCK YES
although, something about this seems like a bad idea
>>
>>320123398
>You can daisy chain multiple systems for increased performance, so it WILL be more powerful than any other system

lol wat that's not how electronic works.
>>
>>320123220
They'll make one again...whenever they can afford too

I find it funny though, the Dreamcast did do the Console/Handheld shift and it was a bust
Nintendo does it 14 years ago, it's a bust
It's almost like it'll never work
>>
>>320123670
*14 years LATER
fuck, my bad
>>
>>320122160
Because I don't need to go on /v/ and brag about how fast my graffix are and how good looking my over clocked GPS
>>
>>320123407
Oh ok, so you can link me to that rumour then anon?

Or is it a rumour you just made up now?
>>
I hope so. I have a wii u and since they start with dlc + amiibo and drop wii u I hope they get fucked.
Fucking jews.
>>
>>320123398
>You can daisy chain multiple systems for increased performance

you know there are people still alive who've fallen for this once right
>>
What ever it is, it is going to by HUGE.
Either an incredible success making a fortune and being the new normie target platform.
Or it will be a massive failure that will make the Wii U look good.

>>320123762
Pretty sure all the rumors were that the NX was way better then PS4 hardware. Just google NX hardware PS4.
It won't be in the middle, it will be one or the other. Nintendo is going all in on this console so it is make or break.
>>
>>320123872
Thankfully I wasn't one of those morons.
>>
>>320124009

well youngfag you should probably know that you're being sold bullshit then.
>>
>>320123762
It's all over the place, anon
just google it

although, like this guy said >>320123918
it's also being rumored to be stronger
I guess no one can say for sure, but looking at their previous consoles, it's most likely that it'll be weaker
>>
>>320123407
>since Nintendo consoles have always been weaker than the competition
I like my memes fresh in the morning
>>
File: pl.jpg (315 KB, 632x829) Image search: [Google]
pl.jpg
315 KB, 632x829
>NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Micro, DS, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS are all hugely successful consoles

>Wii U underperforms, Nintendo reports their FIRST first annual earnings loss in 2012
>became profitable again in 2015
>beginning to muscle into the mobile gaming market, the market that evidently drew casual gamers away after the Wii
>NINTENDO IS DOOMED NX CONFIRMED SHIT
>>
>>320124371
show me one Nintendo console that was stronger then the competition
>Inb4 NES
there was no competition with that one
>>
File: 1438611626824.jpg (82 KB, 990x534) Image search: [Google]
1438611626824.jpg
82 KB, 990x534
>>320124523
The Nintendoomed narrative is one of a long standing traditions in video games. The fans of the early Atari and Sega consoles are now having kids that are old enough to discuss the most recent set of consoles.
>>
>>320122774
No, TV's are just going to be advanced enough to play games without a dumb box
>>
>>320124523

people are being critical of nintendo because you've got to be hardcore deluded to insist they haven't been making asinine decisions since the gamecube "flopped".

no one is saying nintendo is doomed, what people are saying is that the nx isn't looking so hot coming off how poorly the wii u sold and was supported. it has the worst catalog of any nintendo console next to the virtual boy.
>>
>>320124532
SNES
>>
>>320120623
Inshallah. Nintendo have been a joke since God knows how long. They would be better as a third party making games for ps4. Fuck underpowered shitty Nintendo systems. Just die already nobody cars about Mario enough to buy a shitty Nintendo system for it
>>
>>320124835
>On the seventh day, instead of resting, God created Video Games and he saw that it was good.
>Jesus came over to see what God was doing and said:
>"Nintendo is doomed, won't even survive the year"
>>
>>320124952
The Genesis was made of hardware the SNES couldn't even handle at the time
>>
>>320124326
Tried.

Should be able to find it for me easily though, assuming it's "all over the place".
>>
>>320124532
SNES
N64
Gamecube
>>
>>320125149
Its really not. There has not been a single rumor on the NX being less powerful except for stupid crap that the other anon says. They think it will be underpower because it has happened before. That isn't even a rumor it is just speculation.
>>
>>320123872
>that filename
brilliant
>>
File: CasualPlayingNX.jpg (109 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
CasualPlayingNX.jpg
109 KB, 1024x684
>>320120623
>>320120623

Nobody bought the Wii U so they're forced into mobile gaming to get an even more casual consumer crowd than even normal Nintendo fans.

It symbolizes both the death of Nintendo and console gaming if it is successful so i hope it fucking bombs hard.
>>
>>320125353
>Implying Nintendo going to mobile won't make sales.
>>
File: itsame.jpg (12 KB, 236x378) Image search: [Google]
itsame.jpg
12 KB, 236x378
>>320120623

If the NX has modern mid-tier GPU power (GTX 970+) it will be fine. I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to evolve their shitty Miiverse to something similar to XBL/PSN. Once they do that they will start dominating again.
>>
It all depends on how it gets presented to the public. Thats why the PS4 is doing so well
>>
>>320125202
>Genesis
>PS1
>PS2
>>
>>320124887
>no one is saying nintendo is doomed
have you not been on the internet for the past decade

That being said all this NX speculation is ridiculous, the WiiU lineup is disappointing yeah, but it was kind of botched from the start. Nintendo purposefully moved out of the way with their launch to try and entice third parties but third parties just provided lackluster "enhanced ports" for the console to launch with.
Personally I have 10 or so games for the Wii U and I just got it last year and I've been more than happy with them. Yet I can see how it doesn't have too much of a future and I think that's because they're deliberating right now how much of future development to put on the NX.
As of now it hasn't even been officially announced.
>>
>>320125471
So you're just purposefully being retarded right.
>>
File: hol up.jpg (37 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
hol up.jpg
37 KB, 612x380
>>320125437

>strong hardware specs
>evolved online service
>outstanding day-one lineup (Metroid game, Zelda NX, Mario Galaxy, F-Zero, plus Wii U/Wii online library)
>no gimmicks, just a powerful console

If they accomplish this, Nintendomination will be upon us.
>>
File: 1422119799754.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1422119799754.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>320120623
They're kinda late to the party. Even if it is more powerful than the current consoles and somehow gets some 3rd party support it would still do poorly because this generation is all about the PS4.

I just hope Nintendo gets reasonable with the pricing and that some good games will come out for it. I never gave a shit about how "sucessful" a console was, the gamecube sold like shit but the library is amazing, if they make a Gamecube 2.0 I would be happy with it, even if it sells like only 10 million.
>>
>>320125738
he avoided nintendo kiddie underpowered garbage, pretty smart.
>>
>>320125456

>Mainstream media presents ANY Nintendo device as either child-oriented or passing fad.
>Sony/MS successfully turn their consoles into socially acceptable pastimes for adults.

Nintendo can present it however they want, the "Nintendo is kiddyshit" opinion is firmly rooted.
>>
>>320126083
>strong hardware specs
like previous nintendo consoles, right? oh...
>evolved online service
without hard censorship and moderation like it had before?
>outstanding day-one lineup (Metroid game, Zelda NX, Mario Galaxy, F-Zero, plus Wii U/Wii online library)
kiddie garbage
>no gimmicks, just a powerful console
nintendo most successful consoles is just underpowered gimmicks, what are you talking about?!
>>
>>320126083
I think by this point Nintendo has been trying to establish their console as seperate from the PS4/Xbone in terms of specs with different, more stable console cycles.
Of course this means if they aren't retarded(which they kind of are) that they'll be able to take advantage of a few big changes in tech that's happened in the past 2 years that has made everything a fuck ton more efficient, something Sony and Microsoft won't have on consoles for possibly another 5 or 6 years.

They are apparently rolling out their new online system in Japan now so we'll see how well that works out but a friend of mine said it was pretty standard account system so far, but still free so hey.

The lineup is the biggest thing for me. I don't care what the console is as long as it has good games. I want to hope they realized their mistake with the WiiU launch and won't replicate it again
>>
File: Tatsumi_Kimishima.jpg (9 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
Tatsumi_Kimishima.jpg
9 KB, 300x251
>>320126083
>>320126312

We can only hope that Mr. Kimishima revolutionizes the next generation by not having his head so far up his ass like Iwata.
>>
>>320126170
Jesus Christ, educate yourself. Those consoles, especially the gamecube, we're objectively more powerful than their competition.
>>
>>320127021
I'm the guy he was replying to, I stopped replying because of the blatant bait.
He's not even trying
>>
>>320126083
No, it won't. Nintendo's image sucks. They're still seen as the immature guys, they're still seen as making shit games. I have a friend who's decently hardcore. He plays RTS' and shit, not what you'd typically call a casual. Even he thinks that Nintendo's for babies.

Nintendo could come out with the Hardcore Rockstar Fuck Your Bitches Box with $2000 PC specs, every multiplat, a bunch of dudebro exclusives, not produce a single "kiddy" game, and give it out for 10 bucks in infinite supply to anyone who asked, and the casuals would justify why it was worse than Sony/ Xbox and not buy it. Just having the name "Nintendo" is enough that the insecure dudebro gamers wouldn't buy it.

And god forbid you put out one game with mildly saturated colours and a cartoon artstyle. Even if it were the most hardcore game in existence, they'd stick to Call of Baby and Grand Theft Casual.
>>
>>320127129

You seriously underestimate how big it would be for a high-end Nintendo console. Especially with their killer first party titles it would be insane. It would be just like the PS3 release.
>>
>>320126256
Maybe if they released some games that an adult wouldn't feel embarrassed to play, they wouldn't have that stigma
>>
>>320127129
So selling video games to children isn't successful?
>>
>>320127129
Well yeah casuals are casuals.
A ton of Europeans only buy consoles to play FIFA and a ton of Americans only buy consoles to play CoD/Destiny/whatever
I think Nintendo has done a good job at least in the past 2 years of the Wii U's lifespan of actually going after their audience. They've put out some truly good games on the Wii U, things that appeal to longtime fans, rather than the entire first year which was "Black Ops Wii U and BamHam:Extra Ham edition"
Since then we've gotten two great platinum games, 2-3 excellent platformers, a surprisingly deep shooter, and an excellent racing game(that my roommate who doesn't even play games has not stopped playing for 3 days)

I think they're less set on going after the Wii Audience again is my point.
>>
File: 183620473529032.jpg (696 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
183620473529032.jpg
696 KB, 1053x1070
>>320126312
you do know that the Wii and the Wii U have been 2 of the only Nintendo home consoles that had worse hardware specs, right?

I may be wrong about the Gamecube, because the xbox was probably a bit more powerful,
but saying that there's never been a time where Nintendo could at least hold up to the competition, in terms of hardware capabilities is just plain retarded.

I am aware that cartridges and the gamecube's discs were just as retarded, though.
>>
>>320127129
The Wii and Wii U had names that nobody took seriously and the design of the GameCube made it look like a lunchbox, so nobody took it seriously. Nintendo can start getting rid of their kiddy image by giving the NX a serious name and a serious design
>>
>>320127637
Carts on the N64 get a bad rap, especially now that we know the actual content sizes on the discs for the PS1 at the time.
The only games who even came close to using the full disc space were games that had a ton of audio and FMV's, aka Final Fantasy.
Most of the games on the PS1 were about the same size as N64 games for the most part if you cut out superfluous FMVs. Granted this allowed the PS1 to have larger RPGs like FF7/8/9, but it's not like carts didn't have their perks. Like the fact that some games were able to take advantage of expanded memory.
>>
>>320127637
>>320127637
what about DS and 3DS, retard? Its pure garbage in terms of hardware. N64 didnt had cd-rom and no games look as good as MGS.
>>
>>320128103
The consumers will laugh and say they're trying too hard. There'll be a Mario game on the console and they'll use that to justify Nintendo as being aimed at children.
>>
>>320120623
They should just make a 3D pokemon and watch the money roll in.

Or a Nintendo yuri dating simulator.
>>
>>320128260
The NES and SNES weren't laughed at for having Mario games, and I'd consider those as serious consoles
>>
>>320128198
The DS and 3DS are also handheld platforms. I would never play a handheld game for graphix, only by what games come out for the system, and judging by sales figures it seems most people agree with me.
CD's weren't just a blanket upgrade from carts, and for the most part it seems to work out in N64s favor.
Plenty of N64 games look better than MGS1. It's not that hard, MGS1 didn't look that great to begin with.
That being said PS1 vs N64 graphics are really a personal preference. I personally hate jaggies and dithering everywhere so I like the N64 better in that regard.

>>320128260
This is why Nintendo shouldn't market to the people who will dismiss them no matter what. There's no convincing someone who's set in stone. They just have to make good games and let people figure it out
>>
There's a lot of talk about Nintendo alienating people and everything lately, but from what I've seen, the only groups complaining are the hardcore market, which Nintendo hasn't ever targeted. If they don't fuck up the marketing like they did with the Wii U, casuals will buy it.
>>
>>320128721
The SNES was 23 years ago. I'd consider it one of the best consoles ever, but there's a significant subset of adult gamers who have never once played a 2D game, because they weren't actually born when 2D games were the big thing.
>>
I'm secretly wishing that the NX will BTFO of the PS4 and Xbone and save this mediocre console generation
>>
>>320128887
What I would call casuals are the people who only buy "mature games for mature gamers"
and they are the loudest complainers I've heard. "It doesn't have the latest CoD, why would I get it"
"why should I have to own two consoles when all I play is CoD"
etc
Kids might buy it but my 9 year old cousin only cares about Minecraft and CoD. So there you go.
>>
>>320128764
show me some games with good graphics on N64, pro tip: you cant show anything better than superman 64.
>>
>>320123028
more like
>it's just a Wii U gamepad
>with a disc drive taped to the back
>>
>>320123335
How come?
>>
>>320121890
Both people who hate Nintendo and people who love Nintendo like to talk about Nintendo on /v/.

People who hate Nintendo don't seem to want to talk about whatever shit they presumably like.
>>
>>320123340
>Doom needs to make sense
Thew new Doom looks terrible.

*bursts into treats
>>
>>320128887

No, the problem is that Nintendo is out of touch. They primarily target kids and weebs. What they don't realize that all kids are interested in nowadays is Minecraft, FNAF, and whatever the latest CoD is. Weebs are just interested in their Underage Panty Quest JRPGs, but get pissed when stuff is changed and censored to appeal to larger masses who don't give a shit and were never going to play the game in the first place.

Minecraft on the Wii U isn't going to push consoles because anyone who likes Minecraft already has it on something else, probably PC, and has had it for a while. Xenoblade X, I don't know. Apparently it's doing okay.
>>
>>320129152
I'm overtly wishing that.

Part of me wants Nintendo to just absolutely explode, put out an amazing console, put out amazing games.

Big AAA shit, better in every way than anything Ubisoft and EA and SE and whoever else puts out. They spend millions of dollars on games which aren't worth millions of dollars, and it'd be so sweet to see Nintendo effortlessly blow past them and force them to play catch-up and actually put out something worth 60 bucks for once.
>>
File: 457665482657.jpg (73 KB, 623x464) Image search: [Google]
457665482657.jpg
73 KB, 623x464
>>320128198
I said home consoles.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo handheld consoles have always had last gen hardware so that they're more affordable.
Everyone I know always thought that the home console should be the cutting edge and powerful system,
while the handhelt system should be on par with the last gen home console hardware, so you can enjoy that kind of experience outside of the comfort of your own house.

So far only one of the other two big competitors tried it the other way and look how well that went.
There are people who even applaude the GBA and the DS for being the only good go-to systems for 2D games, at the time.
>>
>>320129398
>>
>>320120623
Unless they were lying and it's actually just a rebranded WiiU++, it probably will be
>console released in between generations
>no one cared about the last console
>everyone who did is pissed that support for it is going to drop
>probably won't be backwards compatible because WiiU was so weird.

I have enough games on my WiiU that I like to justify it, but it's still a bummer that my library of games I really like is less than 20.
>>
File: 1436547000975.png (228 KB, 338x420) Image search: [Google]
1436547000975.png
228 KB, 338x420
>less than a year to release
>barely any leaks
>>
File: serveimage[2].jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[2].jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>320129398
well
>good graphics
Both PS1 and N64 games on a technical level are still worse than things that came after obviously.
But I'd say Majora's Mask has one of the better aesthetics on the system.
I'd definitely say it looks better than MGS1 on a technical level though.
Same with that EVA game, it looks great all things considered.
Also Rogue Squadron was really fucking impressive
>>
File: 1377003372902.png (672 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1377003372902.png
672 KB, 919x720
>>320129065
>The SNES was 23 years ago
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>320129847
The guys who made Rogue Squadron (1, 2 and 3) on Nintendo devices, were killed under Sony publishing when they made LAIR for PS3. The company folded after that game tanked.
>>
File: 124312312314.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
124312312314.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>320120623
Of course
>>
>>320129918
There still hasn't been a system since that has had so many "great" games to me.
The only one that's come close is the PS2 I'd say, but after the 6th gen everything took a massive shit.
I've been complaining about the Wii U's lineup even though it's got by far the most games I liked this gen, but it's still only like, 10 games.
SNES had easily 50+ games I loved.
>>
>>320127417
Children aren't the biggest vidya demographics anymore

They moved on to Tablets and watching LPs

The biggest vidya demographics are now dudebros
>>
>>320123739
Because there nothing to brag about the consoles lol
>>
File: ZOrXSrB.jpg (98 KB, 1184x799) Image search: [Google]
ZOrXSrB.jpg
98 KB, 1184x799
>>320129398
I still think this is one of the best looking games on the N64
>>
Its amazing how many NX threads there are considering there is no real information about it out there.
>>
I'll probably buy one if it's backwards compatible with Wii U games. There's a lot on Wii U I want to pay but when $50 more gets you hardware at least twice as powerful there's really no reason to buy one.

I hope the rumors are true and the controller is actually a handheld so you can load your games onto it and take it with you.
>>
>>320130263
I hope it's BC with Wii U for everyone's sake. More people should play those platinum games. Like I wouldn't even be mad despite owning a Wii U now. I just want more people to play good games.

That being said your post illuminates a problem with all this speculation in that you're here wishing for that handheld thing while there's like another vocal party that insists no gimmicks etc
Everyone keeps saying "nintendo needs to do this" and they're all wildly different
>>
File: Shibata.png (301 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Shibata.png
301 KB, 500x375
>>320123520
>he never taped together his PS2 and Xbox together to make it more powerful
>>
I think the NX's biggest problem will be releasing right in the middle of a generation. Yes, the Wii U is technically a failure, but the people who did buy it are going to be pissed that Nintendo is dropping support for it after only three years when an average console cycle is about seven years. Unless the NX really blows the current competition way out of the water both technically and games-wise, people who own a Bone and/or a PS4 aren't going to want it either.
>>
File: 1450102002133.jpg (125 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
1450102002133.jpg
125 KB, 1424x800
>>320120623
That will, but this won't.
>>
>>320128887
>There's a lot of talk about Nintendo alienating people and everything lately,

They are.
They're just starting to jump into the mobile gig, meaning that they didn't grab the hardcore audience.

They've completely disgusted their hardcore audience by refusing to give them what they want, even ruining some franchises as a result.

The dudebro market still believes it's childrens' stuff because Nintendo never bothered to get rid of their kiddy image, or make a console that's adequate for third parties.

And speaking of children, even kids don't care about them anymore as they're far more interested in MineCraft, FNAF, or trying to appear mature with the latest CoD and so on.

They've alienated everyone and it's entirely their fault.
>>
>>320130676
>after only three years
Wii U came out in late 2012
It hasn't even been officially announced. It miiight come out end of next year but I doubt it.
>average console cycle is about seven years
Was last gen your first gen?
>>
>>320130513
The way I see it, NX is mainly going to be about their digital infrastructure and having everything connected across platforms, those platforms being PCs, phones, the handheld, and the console. PCs and phones would mainly be to access the shop and other account-related things, and the console itself would be the main hub where all your games are stored and you can play them in 1080p 60fps for the best quality. I have a feeling most of the hardware power is going to come from the controller, though, which is a system in its own right, and the console will load games onto the handheld and vice versa.

Integrating their successful handheld market with their not-as-successful console market is the perfect move for them, and I really hope they do something similar to what I described.
>>
>>320130676
This.

It really is perma-fucked either way.

Also Nintendo needs to hire a decent marketing campaign for once, and go all-out.
>>
>>320127417
No? You see how the WiiU is doing right now.
>>
Most likely, I don't want it to be though. The majority of the consumers give no shits about Nintendo except nostalgia for their olfer games. So unless they can capture some sort of underdog appeal that attracts the normies I could see most people ignoring it entirely.
>>
>>320130950
Like they did with the Wii?
It's marketing campaign was great and worked wonders.
Also it's clear they don't care about directly competing with the bone/quad

>>320130870
That would be interesting.
Personally all I care about is good games. They could release my nightmare scenario of a console (which they already did with the wii) and I'd still buy it if it had enough good games, which the wii even managed to do so.
I don't know how 3rd parties would feel though having to develop for that. These companies generally care about putting the least amount of effort as possible. Given that scenario square will just keep releasing 3DS looking games most likely
>>
File: tomoko cup.jpg (63 KB, 715x722) Image search: [Google]
tomoko cup.jpg
63 KB, 715x722
>>320130096
I currently own 23 Wii U games, most of which I think were most definitely above average
18 of them are either exclusive or at least have enough content differences to make it the superior version of the game.

The Wonderful 101
Hyrule Warriors
Mario 3D World
NSMBU+ Luigi U
Tropical Freeze
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pikmin 3
Nintendo Land
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Smash 4
Mario Kart 8
Xenoblade X
Splatoon
Fast Racing Neo
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario Maker

Some of these games are actually among the best games I've played in a long ass time.

Not gonna count Rayman Legends, because fuck the forced autopilot sections
I also don't count Rodea (wii u version a shit) and I don't own Zombi U, because I'm not a fan of the horror genre, although I have no idea if the game is good or not.

Here are games I have no opinion on because I didn't buy them:
Mario Tennis (I'm a huge fan of the original on the N64 so I'm heavily considering buying this to play it with that one friend who also loves that game)
Zombi U
Mario Party 10

I'm pretty sure there are a handful other games I can't remember off the top of my head, especially eshop games
>>
>>320130676
>an average console cycle is about seven years
Five years, last gen was abnormal.

I think the NX is just going to be Nintendo realizing their core strengths and sticking to them. They have a strong core audience and they are the masters of handheld shit. Make it hybrid to unify your library and prevent any droughts, keep outsourcing like they did with Bayo 2 and Devil's Third to appeal to their niche audiences, keep putting out good Nintendo games - new creative IPs, too - to appeal to the core audience.

Non-competition, blue ocean. Keep costs down, make a profit. There's no point having a 30m consumerbase when all of your big games sell less than 5m anyways, like on PS4. Stick to the niche, and output good, quality titles.

If the NX happens to be an absolute monster and its games demolish the most beautiful PS4 AAA games with ease, that's just a bonus.
>>
>>320130676
Every Nintendo console has come out within a 5-6 year time period. I hope thye're not stupid enough to bring another out before the end of 2016.
>>
>>320130819
Seriously. Why the fuck did they get rid of the red?

I want the NX to be a sexy Nintendo Red console, no edgy unassuming black and white like the others. Something that pops out and says "fuck you, I'm here to play video games".

I want fucking racing stripes.
>>
>>320130832

No, it's an actual average of the length of console cycles up to this point.
>>
>>320131250
I think Nintendo's changed their strategy with third-parties. They said a while ago they were opening up their IPs to let more developers do things with them, which I think is going to be their main way of securing third-party support. We've already seen it with Hyrule Warriors and I think it's definitely going to become a trend. Nintendo knows that their IPs are the only thing that sells on their consoles and that it's a huge detractor to third-parties, so by letting third-parties handle their IPs (with their supervision, of course), it means widening their own brands plus more revenue for both them and the third-parties.

They know their platform isn't going to have GTA or Elder Scrolls, so I really doubt their going to even try making it easier for shitty Western devs since they know it's a lost cause.
>>
>>320120623
Knowing modern Nintendo, it most likely will be. If it uses the same PowerPC architecture as Wii U, then the NX will be guaranteed to have backwards compatibility with Wii U games but at the same barely any third party developer s will make games for it since PC and PS4/Xbone are x86 and porting games to PowerPC is a lot of work. If the NX uses x86 then it would have to be as strong or stronger than PS4 while being the same or lower competitive price if it wants any chance at success. There's also the issue of Nintendos stance on region locking, their obsolete online infrastructure (Wii U still can't even do cross game voice chat, even PS Vita can fucking do this for free), and Nintendos rusty publishing policies for third party games (censorship, cross platform play with other non Nintendo platforms are frowned upon, etc).

TL;DR, NX is fucked unless Nintendo wakes the fuck up and stop fucking over consumers and developers.
>>
File: 1445007824541.gif (8 KB, 582x337) Image search: [Google]
1445007824541.gif
8 KB, 582x337
>>320120623

yes
>>
>>320121890

Smear campaign?
>>
>>320131278
Yeah like I said, I personally love my Wii U.
It's easily my favorite console of the past two generations.
>W101
>Splatoon
>Fast Racing Neo
>Tropical Freeze
are now 4 of my all time favorite games if I'm honest. Haven't played XBX yet, but I also liked every other game I've played, most of which were on your list.

All that being said, SNES and GC are still my two favorite Ninty consoles from their libraries. But Wii U is probably my third favorite if I'm honest.
>>
yeah, nintendo consoles have always sold less than the previous one except wii because it marketed to that temporary crowd of casuals who moved on to mobile gaming halfway through the gen
>>
>>320129536
>batteries not included
>>
>>320131250
>Given that scenario square will just keep releasing 3DS looking games most likely
I think the important thing is just having the games on the console, even if they look like shit.

They won't really look like shit, though. They might not look like fucking remasters in comparison, the textures and models might look exactly the same, but you'll see increased resolution / AA and maybe framerate, because those are just really easy to increase. Assuming you've coded half-decently, that is, which I guess is too much for some people, which is why we're having so many problems in the first place.
>>
>>320131658
>Fast Racing Neo

Is it as awesome as it seems?
>>
>>320130184
People on /v/ can't NOT talk about Nintendo. Whether they like them or hate them.
>>
>>320131541
Well Region locking was done to appease 3rd parties.
But it was also Iwata's thing mainly. Hopefully it'll change soon. I'm sure with this recent kerfuffle over various censorship issues and Fatal Frame 5 no physical etc, a lot of people have been actively bothering Nintendo about that. Hopefully they'll listen. I mean they're already actively trying to fix the online infrastructure.
Surely I'm being overly optimistic but it's not like they aren't trying somewhat.

>>320131839
Me and my roommate haven't stopped playing since it released a few days ago.
It's great if you like really fucking fast racing games.
>>
Consoles are just a dying medium in general. The only people keeping it afloat are CoDpieces and weebs.
>>
File: RNqhc7X.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
RNqhc7X.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>320129572
He's a gigantic nigger and too underage to realise that one company having a monopoly would be shit for everyone
>>
>>320131839
It's a good game with a few problems, but it's 15$ and it's the closest thing to F-Zero we'll get until the eventual new F-Zero game.

I've enjoyed it a lot so far.
>>
Why are we declaring this a huge failure already? We know almost nothing concrete about it. The only reports that have come in say it's more powerful than PS4. Even in regards to the weird touch controller, we have no idea what it actually feels like. It may not even come to fruition, the wii controller didn't end up having movable buttons.

>inb4 sauce
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/10/16/nintendos-nx-wants-to-leapfrog-xbox-one-and-ps4-with-industry-leading-tech/
>>
File: 1325517536722.png (239 KB, 635x978) Image search: [Google]
1325517536722.png
239 KB, 635x978
>>320120623
I really hope it doesnt fail, we need a strong nintendo to compete against sony, so we will get the best of both worlds, and if the NX is enough of a success the japanese giants will kick the ass of the kikes at MS
>>
>>320120623
it's gonna be a great suckcess
>>
>>320129572

They're obsolete and refuse to get with the times. It's not 1998 anymore.
>>
>>320132078
>not sucksass
at least shitpost right
>>
>>320122881
>It was also claimed to not be as strong as a PS4 so hey, it'll be at the bottom of the chain again
Jesus, Anon. Don't believe things just because someone writes it on twitter.

The NX will be around until the early 2020s. it's going to be stronger than the PS4.
>>
File: 1443693357630.png (20 KB, 929x544) Image search: [Google]
1443693357630.png
20 KB, 929x544
>>320132023

because you have to be retarded to not notice a 20 year trend barring 1 fluke
>>
>>320120623
I can imagine the NX now
>Region locked
>Shitty online system
>Costs more than PS4 yet it's weaker than it
>Controller is based around a gimmick and all launch games will be using this gimmick
>No third party games outside of downgraded PS4 ports and indie games
>Expect more Mario games like Mario Kart 9, Super New Mario Bros, etc
>>
>>320120780

Pretty much this.
>>
>>320132215

Stronger than the PS4 maybe, but quickly outclassed by Sony and Microsoft's next consoles.
>>
>>320132065
Pretty much this.
I can't understand why anyone actively wants companies to die rather than improve.
Competition is so much better for the consumer.
>>
>>320132238
Honestly, if Nintendo just markets this correctly, they can get back up to N64 numbers at least. If people thought WiiU was a true successor to the Wii, it would have been a hit. If Nintendo makes it clear that NX is new and better, theyll dominate
>>
>>320131783
>neither is the adapter
>>
File: 90s.jpg (165 KB, 1754x188) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
165 KB, 1754x188
>>320132179
You're right about that.

In 1998 I could play Dreamcast online without having to pay for it.

Games had to be finished BEFORE they were released.

In 1998, Ocarina of Time, Half-life, Pokemon Blue/Red and Metal Gear Solid came out in the same year.

Social media wasn't a term and twitter, youtube and facebook didn't exist.

Ballooning costs from graphical fidelity hadn't been established as a AAA M.O.

In 1998 Westwood had only JUST been purchased by EA.

You're right man, being trapped in 1998 sounds horrible.
>>
>>320132487
Nintendo should never reference the Wii or the Wii U ever again. Even the Mii thing is a fucking disaster, totally destroys any possibility of getting rid of their for kids image.
>>
>>320129902
they haven't even announced it yet
>>
>>320132487
I'm not saying marketing is their only problem, but they seriously shot themselves in the foot at the launch by having the launch lineup be last gen ports and the name not differentiating itself at all.
They could easily have a solid million or two extra sales from hype alone at launch if handled correctly
>>
>>320132065
POOR NELSON, THE SHIT EATING FAGGOT
HE JUST WANTED TO FUCK YOU OVER
STOP CALLING HIM NAMES
>>
what should nintendo name the NX /v/?
>>
>>320132487
I've really got no idea what they were thinking this gen in regards to marketing. It seems like they did everything in their power to not get the word out about the Wii U. Everything from calling it the Wii U and not clearing up that the console wasn't the gamepad to releasing W101 the same week as GTAV (to be fair it would've sold poorly anyway being a Platinum game). Hell, calling it the Super Wii would've been a better move, at least people would've known it's a new console from the start.
>>
>>320132750
I'm bad at names.
Named my first fish Dongus
>>
Realistically in 5 years from now, I see Nintendo shifting their focus on handhelds/mobile and just dropping the home console race entirely.

Most of their profit is from handhelds and they could make a killing making casual games for the smartphone/tablet audience. Could you imagine an official Animal Crossing or Pokemon game for iOS? Shit would sell like hot cakes.
>>
>>320132750
NeXus

Too edgy?
>>
>>320132750
Well since Nintendo wants to lose more money by doing stupid shit consistently

How about the Wii U 2
>u-u-u-u 2
>>
File: disgustingsonyggersbtfo.png (35 KB, 1004x1104) Image search: [Google]
disgustingsonyggersbtfo.png
35 KB, 1004x1104
>>320132238
jesus christ how do people suck this much at thinking

here's a shitty image I made to make fun of someone else's shitty Wii U image. Notice how you can basically make anything look bad / good with the right graphing techniques?

How about a small change in perspective. What if Nintendo's sales haven't been declining? What if we consider"average" to be N64 / Gamecube sales numbers? Then the NES and SNES and Wii were flukes or phenomena (which they were) and the Wii U is just a failure.

You can also draw parallels between Nintendo's "downwards trend" and the downwards trend of the games industry as a whole. People are buying less consoles than they used to, that's just a fact.

But in any case, you can't just fucking look at the numbers, see that they're arranged approximately in descending order as well if you order them chronologically, and then assume that that's a trend. It could just as easily be a series of flukes.
>>
>>320132917
Well that would conflict with the phone brand but it's not a bad name at all I'd think.
>>
>>320132624
First NX trailer should be someone destroying a Wii and a WiiU and then taking out their NX
>>
File: 1414975510412.png (127 KB, 628x459) Image search: [Google]
1414975510412.png
127 KB, 628x459
>>320132681
Nelson's only crime was working for a company trying to rape your ass with DRM kikery
>>
>>320132750
I would have to know more about it before I could name it.
>>
>>320132937
I think they already said that the next console would not be a continuation of the Wii or Wii U
>>
>>320133054
Well then don't. Money or integrity?
>>
>>320133096
Gamecube 2
>>
>>320129935
Yeah, and? Oh right.
WE MUST HATE SONY. SONY IS EVIL FUCK SOOONYYYY!!!!!!!
>>
>>320132750
Super Nintendo Wii U XV - Hyper Fighting Edition
>>
>>320121764
wow cool guy
I'm in love with you
>>
>>320132959
Another thing to consider is that # of hardware units sold isn't actually a 1:1 ratio for how much money was made.

PS3 was a massive sinkhole but it sold like 80 million+ units. Most of those units COST Sony money.

Nintendo's consoles are pretty cheap (with the Wii U as an exception thanks to the Gamepad).

I think Neogaf is responsible for retards thinking the most hardware units sold is somehow the barometer for success. Making that the signifier of success is the only real way to say Sony is winning, so that would explain their motivation in that regard.

I own every Sony platform besides PS4. I don't want to get a PS4 until it's at a price that makes sense for what it offers. The only thing they have is some Japanese 3rd party who can't into PC and want more power for their games.
>>
>>320132750
The Nintendo Genesis.

Nintendo has secretly bought the entirety of Sega.
>>
>>320133275
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
Factor 5 was too good for this world and I'm really sorry they're gone. They were legitimate tech wizards
>>
Of course it's going to be a failure. It's going to be some more gimmicky Nintendo bullshit that nobody wants, and the only games to play on it are going to be Mario Rehash #27 and a remake of a last-gen Zelda game with slightly upscaled textures.

I think at this point, even Nintendo fags are probably sitting around waiting for them to get Sega'ed and turn into a software developer for companies that don't make pointless hardware no one wants.
>>
File: 1378302109125.jpg (8 KB, 114x170) Image search: [Google]
1378302109125.jpg
8 KB, 114x170
>yfw they call it the New Nintendo Entertainment System
>>
>>320133407
NES 2
>>
File: Factor 5.jpg (84 KB, 561x490) Image search: [Google]
Factor 5.jpg
84 KB, 561x490
>>320133275
It's just a fact, that's all.

No need to go full victim here.

Oh wait, IT'S A CONSPIRACY SONY ISN'T SHITTY IT'S JUST PEOPLE TRYING TO HATE THEM.
>>
>>320133363
I hope Sega and Nintendo work together to create the ultimate console
I would literally cum buckets.

>>320133319
I'm sad that this gen I had to lower the bar of necessary games to purchase a console from 8 to 4. Mostly because it's been two years and next year PS4 looks to add maybe 3 games which will give it exactly 4 games I want
>>
>>320122934
Remember when retards and Patcher said that AAA games will be moving from consoles to facebook?
>>
Why do you care? Are you a Nintendo shareholder?
>>
>>320133407
>Implying they won't call it the Super Wii U
>>
>>320124523
>gamecube not a failure

The gamecube was the "Nintendo is doomeeed" from the past meme.
>>
>>320133523
>I'm sad that this gen I had to lower the bar of necessary games to purchase a console from 8 to 4. Mostly because it's been two years and next year PS4 looks to add maybe 3 games which will give it exactly 4 games I want
My barometer is and has always been 10 EXCLUSIVE (with a capital E) titles to necessitate a platform purchase.

I did that with Wii-U which reached it last December for me.

PS4 has 10 exclusives on the horizon but right now it only has 2 games I want and it's ludicrously priced, which is kind of Sony's M.O.
>>
>>320131592
jesus, is the wiiu really selling less than the gamecube?
>>
File: 1434732590358.jpg (35 KB, 499x383) Image search: [Google]
1434732590358.jpg
35 KB, 499x383
>>320120623
>Nintendo will try something gimmicky
>all their games will focus on this gimmick
>developers wont want to deal with the gimmick, so minimal 3rd party support as usual
>will have maybe 15 good games at the end of its life cycle

please prove me wrong, Nintendo
>>
>>320133319
>I think Neogaf is responsible for retards thinking the most hardware units sold is somehow the barometer for success
I noticed that people didn't give a shit about sales, until around the end of gen 6 / beginning of gen 7. Of course, Sony was winning (at least in terms of sales) at that time with the PS2. During gen 7, Sony fans said sales didn't matter. Hm, I wonder why. And now that it's gen 8 sales matter again for some reason.

I guess the average Joe who observes these inconsistencies and sees them for what they are is still expected to replace reality with Sonyggers' dumb self-serving hypocrisies for some reason.
>>
>>320133673
To be honest the biggest problem I have with the PS4 which essentially removed some games from the want list was paying for online
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1240x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1240x720
How are their odds?
>>
>>320133760
Paying for online sucks but it's not really a big deal if you have a job. I got a year of PS+ for only $40 which is the same price as a new 3DS game.
>>
File: nx controller.png (712 KB, 1200x651) Image search: [Google]
nx controller.png
712 KB, 1200x651
>yfw
if this was an hendheld I would buy it
>>
File: .jpg (34 KB, 570x167) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
34 KB, 570x167
>>320132580
>Games had to be finished BEFORE they were released.
Wow, I bet you are a huge Goober to say that, how dare you oppose paying before getting your game?
>>
>>320133783
W101 will never get a sequel and that honestly breaks my heart

>>320133898
It's the entire principle of the matter that is atrocious to me.
I'm already paying for internet. I'm not paying twice.
>>
>>320133760
>paying for online
Absolutely, I'm not going to be dealing with Xbox 360 foolishness. So when I buy PS4 it has to be for its single player games exclusively.

All the big AAA multiplayer games are on PC anyway. The PS4 doesn't offer anything compelling in terms of big multiplayer exclusives and probably never will.

>>320133898
That's really pathetic.

>It's fine to waste money if you make enough
Not really, that's retarded.
>>
>>320124980
>Inshallah
Fuck you, if you europeans werent sucking sony's dick 24/7 and would have given the wiiu a chance nintendo home console wouldnt be doing so bad
>>
>>320134094
If you don't have $40 to waste per year, you're poor as fuck or Mr Krabs.
>>
>>320132959
>>320133319

>series of flukes for 20 years

That's what we call a trend. What makes nintendo's situation bad is that they are doing much worse than the competition. Sales are a barometer of success because they indicate market share and public consciousness (the wii is a great example of this). Another thing is that we know the console market has been growing every gen until now (too early to tell). So put 2 and 2 together. Nintendo is selling less units in a bigger market except for the wii. This has been happening for 2 decades now. There's no positive way to spin it. You can't even say "downwards trend in gaming" because the ps4 is selling at a faster rate than the ps2 aka the most successful console ever. Nintendo is straight up failing and there's no reason to think the nx will be any different
>>
>>320134221
>still missing the point
>>
do we even know when this is being released and for how much?
>>
>>320134221
I have plenty of money to waste, that's why I'm a PC Gamer, son.

Paying for the privilege of peer to peer networking is still laughable. PSN+ is a good deal if you purchase a lot of games online AND you have both PS4 and Vita.

But if you just have a PS4 and you just want to play Destiny or Bloodborne or CoD or whatever online, holy shit, lol. Sony just held you over a barrel, boy.
>>
We already know what the gimmick is, it's going to merge handhelds and home consoles. Iwata practically confirmed that.

That means that the NX is bound to have some kind of dual touch-screen gimmick, unless Nintendo has another handheld up their sleeves that they want to announce.
>>
>>320134527
Noep
Not even officially announced
>>
>>320120623
How long will it take people to realize no matter what nintendo does western 3rd parties will go out of their way to shit on them for whatever reason and stick to Sony and Microsoft consoles where they can do whatever retarded shit as they please and still make mad cash?
>>
My uncle is a nintendo, the NX is actually going to extend the lifetime of the wiiU.
>>
>>320132959

>DVD player

there's the operative thing. Part of why the Sony and Microsoft consoles ending up selling so well is because a lot of people buy them as a DVD/BD player/Netflix/Youtube machine. They have the "entertainment system" market as well as people who play video games.

All Nintendo shit does is play games. Sure they have Netflix too, but it's slow and shit quality.
>>
>>320132750
They should name it the Ultra Nintendo
>>
>>320134980
It's sad but that's what I want from consoles. Just game machines.
I don't give a shit about media centers, my TV already does all this shit.
But I'm not the mainstream audience so whatever.
>>
File: Salez.jpg (332 KB, 1467x813) Image search: [Google]
Salez.jpg
332 KB, 1467x813
>>320133740
People always cared about sales because it means developers get to make more games.

What I find bizarre is why people think hardware units sold is some kind of critical success.

Wii sold a lot of hardware units and it was cheap to make (x2 Gamecube) but the success of Wii was that lots of people bought Nintendo games on their 120 million consoles.

Hardware units don't make companies big money. They never have. They usually LOSE money, even when they aren't a loss they still don't make much money.

If PS4s cost $350 to make the profits are razor thin. They started out losing $60 on every PS4 sold. It quickly became profitable but only a small amount.

Meanwhile Sony 1st party software sells like ass, because even people who love the PS4 will admit they bought it for multiplats and 3rd party.

Nobody aside from people in Sony commercials bought PS4 for Knack, or fucking Killzone. That is retarded. People buy it for Square-Enix games or Metal Gear or whatever AAA title is currently being marketed the most heavy, and sports games.

The problem for Sony, in staying relevant by harnassing 3rd party, is that they only get a small fraction (15%-ish) of the revenue that successful 3rd party games make.

So for Nintendo, who makes a lot of 1st party games, they get 100% of the money from their sales.

When Mario Kart 8 sells 6 million copies, they get all the cash.

When GTA V sells 9 million copies, Sony gets 15% of the take.

15% of 9 million is 1.35 million. As in many millions less than Mario Kart 8's 6.
>>
>>320134221
I have much more than $40 to play with, but I'm not going to flush $40 of it down the toilet when I can use it to buy a good handheld game that I can play online for free with as well.
>>
>>320133939
>Goober
2cute4me
>>
File: 1430537169000.png (259 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1430537169000.png
259 KB, 550x413
>>320134980
>All Nintendo shit does is play games
Why don't you faggots hang out on /tv/ then?
>>
>>320120623
yes
>>
>>320135481
Your post brings up a point I've always been wondering.
Why is it that Sony has been so seemingly reticent at pushing out first party games?
It's not like they don't have a wealth of options to produce, even things that could cash in on nostalgia. This Ratchet remake is the only thing I could think of where they've done that.
Coming up they have just that and Uncharted 4. It's weird.

But yeah I almost want to screenshot this and post it in every consolewar thread. But that would just be adding fuel to the fire that is those shit threads
>>
>>320132750
Nintendo Advance

Famicom X

Nintendo NXT

Nintendo Orbit
>>
>>320129398
Games like Super Mario 64 and OoT still look alright as you can actually tell what everything else clearly where as alot of PSX game like MGS and especially tomb raider look kind of fuzzy or muddy, though in the case of the later it was more an issue with environments where you had to discover the path from what you could see, obviously this wouldnt be able to fly in anniversary so they changed that.
>>
>>320135845
>Why is it that Sony has been so seemingly reticent at pushing out first party games?

Here is their list for 2015.

Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Destiny: The Taken King
God of War III Remastered
Helldivers: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition
Journey Collectors Edition
MLB 15: The Show
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order: 1886
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Until Dawn

You have 3 remaster/bundle games, you have the Order, a DLC, a Call of Duty Game which they published (PS4 is the new Xbox 360) an MLB game, another Tearaway game and Helldivers.

Until Dawn and Bloodborne are there as well and deserve a separate spot from that horde.

They do push them out, but they sell terribly compared with 3rd party.By the way this is something 3rd party LOVES, which encourages them to flock to PS4.

The reason 3rd party hates Nintendo isn't because of hardware being weak, it's because Nintendo makes 1st party games people really enjoy and they will buy those games over 3rd party titles. It's harder to compete on Nintendo platforms with Nintendo itself. It's easy to not worry about Sony when you're making 3rd party games for their platforms.

Vita is an interesting case study in Sony platforms for sure. Sony handhelds actually are confirmed as going the way of the Dodo after the Vita and the PSP, both which were mismanaged horrendously.

I also find it funny Sony had the gall to call the Vita's failure (they didn't say failure but that's what it is) caused by mobile, which is just so god damn lazy and scapegoating. Vita failed because it was handled so poorly.

Japanese 3rd party was pumping some life support into it but it's losing exclusives everywhere and even the Japanese developers are getting their games on Steam which is more lucrative apparently than just keeping stuff on Vita.

I own a PSTV as well just for the very, very modest amount of exclusives but a Vita would have been a huge waste of money IMO.
>>
A console NEEDS to have SOME advantage over the competition. If there were 2 consoles, and one console was cheaper, yet technologically superior, and had an interesting gimmick whereas the other console did not, then that console would be objectively better than the other, and there would be no reason to buy the other.

Basically, Nintendo NEEDS an interesting gimmick for their consoles. Idiots cry, "wah, gimmicks!" and just want a standard, boring, run-of-the-mill, typical console that has no unique properties, nothing that really sets it apart from the competition, and no advantages over PC gaming. You guys want just another shitty console like the PS4 and Xbox One.

Nintendo's consoles are not going to be stronger than Sony and Microsoft's consoles. The dudebros think this is because Nintendo is somehow unable to produce good hardware, because they're for little kids. What's actually happening though is quite simple. Nintendo releases a console before Sony and Microsoft. Sony and Microsoft can then analyze their console, and simply make something a bit stronger. All the "informed" dudebros will then buy those consoles instead, and Nintendo is for little kids anyway (right?).

The same concept applies to Sony and Microsoft. If they released a console before Nintendo, Nintendo could just make something stronger than those consoles. Sony and Microsoft fans have this delusion that they make their consoles stronger out of the goodness of their hearts, and because Nintendo simply isn't capable of making a strong console. No, they do it to artificially meet the bare minimum requirements for their console to be stronger than Nintendo's, so that stupid people see it as being better and pay an extra $100 or so for it.
>>
>>320134009
I have hope that enough Europeans got it for free with Mario Kart, and enough people got it from Club Nintendo that Nintendo sees that there is interest.
>>
>>320136649
Didn't know about them publishing some of those games, that's interesting.

But yeah fully agree about the Vita. I bought a PSTV because I could get it for less than $30. It's basically my vanillaware machine which is fine enough for 30 dollars. But damn it had some potential. But Sony just shit on it so quickly

>>320137018
That reminds me, I've gotten so many free games from Nintendo this past two years.
>Pikmin 3
>WWHD
>MH3U
>OoT3D
>AC:NL
All for free or at some major discount.
I actually bought W101 new a few months after release but it was already $30 at that point. It's such a good game I wish it sold well or people gave it an honest shot
>>
>>320136725
The NX is going to fail, because it doesn't have an interesting gimmick, it won't be stronger than Sony and Microsoft's next consoles (as it will be released prior to them), Sony and Microsoft will just do a pricecut on their gen 8 consoles once it comes out on top of releasing their new consoles, it won't have any games, no devs will want to develop for this awkward in-between-gens console, so it won't GET any games, and they are abandoning their core audience trying to cater to the dudebros again; people who are convinced that Nintendo is just for little kids, and they're not even part of the potential demographic. Note that every time Nintendo has abandoned their true fans in order to cater to these people, it ended up flopping horrendously.
>>
>>320133319
>thanks to the gamepad

do people even know how much the gamepad even costs? or how much it costs compared to a controller? it just seems like endless complaining based on nothing but assumptions.
>>
>>320137351
It costs $100 to replace from Nintendo.
Which is half the price of the system
>>
>>320134227
>That's what we call a trend.
Two good flukes 20 years ago, one 10 years ago, and one bad fluke now do not a trend make.
>You can't even say "downwards trend in gaming" because the ps4 is selling at a faster rate than the ps2 aka the most successful console ever.
The Wii U had more preorders than the Wii aka one of the most successful console launches ever. Look where that put it

Faster sales speed doesn't mean that the downwards trend in gaming isn't present and significant. It just means that that console is selling particularly fast.
>>
>>320120623
>we know practically nothing about it
>think it's gonna fail
When did you become so jaded, at least wait a little longer before you talk shit.
>>
>>320131592
>dat steady decline

Wii was just a fluke, right?
>>
>>320120623
>portable AND console
>Mainline Pokemon, Splatoon and that Yokai whatever
>actual cloud processing, remember, this is Nintendo we're talking about, they'll be able to pull it through.

Nah, it'll sell like hotcakes, as long as it's not too expensive.
>>
File: 1449153759435.webm (568 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449153759435.webm
568 KB, 1280x720
>>320126083
If they pull half of that off, I'll stop actively hating them for being a detriment to the industry
>>
>>320137351
I'm not really complaining. I like the gamepad but it IS why the Wii U is the price it's at.
>>
>>320137637
it's /v/ which is shitpost central, and it the topic is about nintendo so of course people are going to talk about it. That said it is stupid that people are making assumptions about the damn thing as we know next to nothing about the thing, much less a release date, the only reason we know that the NX is a thing is because Iwata had to talk about it at a shareholders meeting and as a consequence having people become aware of it long before its time. people dont seem to know that most console makers start doing the R&D and foundation for their next consoles fairly early.
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.