[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THERE'S NO STOPPING TIM, THE CROWDFUNDING MACHINE YOU GIVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: psychonuts.png (1 MB, 1296x650) Image search: [Google]
psychonuts.png
1 MB, 1296x650
THERE'S NO STOPPING TIM, THE CROWDFUNDING MACHINE

YOU GIVE HIM MONEY AND THEN HE SPENDS IT
>>
>>320117908
I see he's still pushing the end date back.
>>
Cool, see you in 5 years for the beta release
>>
File: Untitled.png (148 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
148 KB, 300x378
>>320117908
>not expanding it and noticing that a majority of the funds are "investments"
>>
>>320117994
>investments

I'm sure you meant flabby floppy tim zim zams for game development that never ends.
>>
This is good. I hope it's better than 1.
Inb4 autists get angry at how other people spend their money
>>
Didn't it have 33 days left like a week ago?
>>
Much as I liked Psychonauts, the Raz character design absolutely shits me. It put me off playing the game for like 7 years.
>>
>>320118107

>Man asks for over 3.3 million dollars
>Squanders it
>One game gets split into two parts
>Another game is canceled

>Man asks for over 3.3 million dollars
>"Let's give him some more money!"

I wish I knew you fags IRL, nothing like free money from dipshits who don't know how to use it :^)
>>
>>320118568
Yes it did. They keep pushing the deadline.
>>
>>320117908
I seriously doubt that this kickstarter is even real

By the way, there is a donkey kong kill screen coming up if you guys want to see it
>>
File: rubusd.png (46 KB, 541x222) Image search: [Google]
rubusd.png
46 KB, 541x222
>>320117908
I'd gladly give Tim my money to make Psychonauts 2, after all this is why I gave him money on the DF Adventure Game.
But not with this exchange rate...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0lKjq0W2_s
>>
>>320119292
Get a job in a foreign company, you stupid mongoloid
Я нaдeюcь ты cдoхнeшь oт paкa пpocтaты, пpeждe чeм ты пepeшлeшь этoмy oбмyдкy дeньги
>>
>>320119292
>literally Soviet Union-tier Ruble values

I thought Putin was supposed to save Russia?
>>
I honestly just want this because the girl was fucking adorable and I wish she would keep getting lovey dovey while Razz tries to save the day

But I just know current Double Fine would just make her be less goofy and less madly in love to please their feminists overlords that need every female in games to be strong independent womyn
>>
>>320119442
Cмoтpи, тaкими тeмпaми кoнчишь кaк Биcквит.
>>
>>320118807
>let's

Who are you talking to you sperg. As nonfunders, you and I should be happy others will fund impossible games for us. Calm your autism
>>
>>320117994

What does that mean ? Is half the money actually coming from companies and not crowdfunding ?
>>
File: timshafercrook.jpg (728 KB, 1249x1677) Image search: [Google]
timshafercrook.jpg
728 KB, 1249x1677
>>320117908
>>
>>320119879
No, 70% of them money already came from companies. This kickstarter is raising the last 30% of so.
But the investment is people personally investing in the game in 500$ increments.
>>
>>320117994

Pretty weak majority desu
>>
>>320120159

He owns the website, he has every right to do that
did you really donate money on the condition that the deadline must be January 8?
>>
>>320120159
CAN'T CHAFE THE SHAFE
>>
>>320120242
Ok. I'm stupid, so I need a little extra explanation. What does this mean for the project? The investors will want to get their money back, which means the game will have to sell pretty damn well to make profits?
>>
>>320120820
Yes.
Also they're basically obligated to release it in a somewhat timely fashion.
This will either be a good game or bankrupt double fine, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>320120820
>the game will have to sell pretty damn well
Reminder that the original game only sold about 100,000 copies at release, and almost bankrupted Majesco as a result.
>>
File: 1440298865282.jpg (24 KB, 418x440) Image search: [Google]
1440298865282.jpg
24 KB, 418x440
>>320117908
I have a pic ready everytime this hack posts here
But today i am on mobile, so here is scoobs
>>
File: 136294142593.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
136294142593.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
Tim won again
/v/ lost again

Nothing surprising here
>>
>>320122421
The bigger the amount of cash, the worse is his handling
He will pay 2 million for will smith to dub a cow, and another million just in advertisement
He is that gifted
>>
>>320118719
>being this autistic
>>
The part of this that makes me the most angry is the fact that after the PC version of the game sold the most units, they'll be realeasing a playstation VR exclusive of the events that took place directly after the first game.
>>
File: tumblr_m3z7i2MQTq1ro8syqo2_250.gif (993 KB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3z7i2MQTq1ro8syqo2_250.gif
993 KB, 230x173
i donated 5k....
>>
Okay, so I'm going to be totally serious about my position on this "should I trust Tim Schafer?" issue. I know nobody asked for it, but I feel like I kind of have to say it.

I backed Double Fine Adventure and ultimately didn't enjoy it (it's not a bad game exactly, it just didn't fit the remit of a classic adventure game), I didn't back Massive Chalice, and I think the Space Base issues were handled very badly.

I'm still going to give money to Psychonauts 2. I've never played the first one, and I probably never will.

This year I had a beloved series of mine come back on Kickstarter to triple record-breaking success, and I saw a lot of people who had never played the series pledge because they wanted to see the fans of Shenmue get what they want.

That's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2 despite no connection for the series, or much love for Double Fine. I know there are lofty expectations, but in good faith at least based on the desire to do right by fans, I think if the game is funded it will turn out fine. Effectively, I want to thank any Psychonauts fans who helped make Shenmue III happen, by making Psychonauts 2 a thing.

I'm going to pledge not for Tim Schafer, but for the fans. I think they are the ones who will ultimately lose out if this doesn't happen. Tim and Double Fine will move on to another project, and that'll be that. The fans will get left in the dust thinking about what could have been, and that sucks.

So that's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2.
>>
>>320121446
Yeah but Psychonauts became a massive meme game and everyone swears it's their favourite 3D platformer ever. So it'll sell well.
>>
>>320123309
If this is true and you aren't some shill, please play the original game.
>>
>>320123309
only vocal minorties hate double fines latest games, they are all masterpieces, id love another iron birgade desu
>>
>>320123553
Brad Muir works for Valve now.
>>
>This shit gets funded
>Another Mighty Number Shit incident occurs because of nostalgia blinded supporters
>everyone bandwaggoning the minute it gets revealed to be shit

can't wait
>>
>>320123309
This is the third time I saw this pasta.
>>
>>320117908
Did people really not learn anything with Broken Tale?
>>
>>320127336
>crowd funders
>learn
if this were possible crowdfunding wouldn't be a thing
>>
>>320117908
Why does it looks so shit?

Especially that ps4 vr vid, it looks like something from SFM
>>
Original game cost 30 million

And now they work in San Fran
>>
>>320122421
I don't know about you but there's not a single scenario in this deal where I lose. If he doesn't get the money I get to laugh at him for failing to scam people again. If he does get the money he'll make a sequel to one of my favorite games and I'll get to play it without spending a dime.
>>
>>320128071
Ok but what if he gets the money, makes the game, and it's utter trash?
>>
>>320128256
Since I'm not funding it I couldn't care less if he decided to publish a literal piece of shit.
>>
>>320117908
at least it slowed down a little

people sure are eager to fork over money for a game they won't get to play for 3 years or longer knowing Tim
>>
>>320120820
Yeah, I think the game has to sell like 1 mil at least for those investors to see any profit. It could sell like 700k copies and i guess they'd just make their $500 back
>>
I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll waste all that money.
>>
>>320127686
I have to ask, just how bad is it over there? I keep seeing people mention it as one of the reasons why the whole Broken Age thing happened the way that it did but desu all that I know is that it costs way too much money to stay there.
>>
>>320123503
>meme game
>>
>>320128587
2d flash game vs. 3d platformer.

You'll never see this game made.
>>
File: im fucked.png (4 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
im fucked.png
4 MB, 2208x1242
>>320117908
Retards actually look at that image and think "I better donate to this..."...?
>some balding faggot nerd in a trench coat with faggy striped sweatshirt
"I better donate to this..."
>some ugly girl in an ugly vest
>some faggy air pilot doing a gay ass pose
>some ugly nigger with a long neck
"I REALLY NEED TO GIVE THIS GUY 3M HOLY SHIT"

>mfw
>>
INDIVISIBLE B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-TFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
what's the last thing tim schafer has actually done?
>>
>>320129873
the game has to be made or they can be sued, stupid.
>>
It's funny because fig is literally a scam site.
This will be the largest crowd funded theft in history.
>>
>>320130023
actually i think most people decided to donate based off how much they liked Psychonauts/Tim Schafer games in general
why you think the clothing of the people in the video plays a significant role I don't understand
>>
File: StCgryF.jpg (991 KB, 2600x2061) Image search: [Google]
StCgryF.jpg
991 KB, 2600x2061
ITT: The same old synical /v/ butthurt response that kickstarter is a con and Tim Shafer is going to steal your money.

Psychonauts was a great game and went on sale for $1 so I bought it and it was the best money I ever spent on games.

Brutal Legend was good and went on sale for $2.99 so I bought it and it was a good buy.

Broken Age was $19.99 and pretty shit so I didn't buy it.

tl;dr buy the game if it's good, otherwise shut the fuck up. Literally any other discussion is arbitrary
>>
>>320117908
let me pay for a game two times
>>
>>320118807
Replies to comment on butthurt about others spending their money illustrating that he's butthurt about others spending their money

I'm glad I don't know you IRL, nothing like being dumb as well as a crybaby teenager with no money
>>
>>320123297

Holy shit I had almost forgotten how profoundly stupid Yu-gi-oh was
>>
>>320119518
Wait no, that would be way better if it was kept lite man. She was tsundere and they need to keep that as long as they can, even if they already kissed. They're kids and all, she can get teasy

>you totally wanted to pound my pussy back there huh you perve
>>
>>320133745
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.