[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buy or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: ladda ned.jpg (5 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
5 KB, 304x166
okey, considering buying MGS5 but im not 100% sure.
What would /v/ rate the game?
>>
>>320116912
10/10
>>
ladda ned/10
>>
7/10 2bh
>>
>>320116912
Wait until next year. There's bound to be a re-release with GZ and all the DLC shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 595x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 595x327
Worst MGS game.
Buy MGS legacy collection instead.
>>
5/10. This is a half ass game.
>>
8/10

Gameplay and visuals impeccable. Writing varies hard. Plot and tone-destroying fanservice bullshit almost entirely negative.
>>
>>320116912
About a 7 out of 10.
>>
Been playing it a lot the past couple of days. It's not an MGS game but it's pretty okay. 3/5
>>
File: 1450094190570.jpg (132 KB, 1584x891) Image search: [Google]
1450094190570.jpg
132 KB, 1584x891
Buy it. It's fun.
>>
>>320116912
gameplay 9/10
story 6/10

overall 8/10
>>
>>320116912
others would disagree but i rate 10/10. Story isnt horrible except for mission 30, its just minimalistic. Gameplay is goty. I've got 60 something hours and im only on mission 32, so it has a lot of content
>>
>>320117327
You haven't even finished it yet?
And how does MGS benefit from a minimalistic story?
>>
This rating bullshit is useless. Do you like tactical stealth games? Do you like the idea of staking out an enemy installation for up to hours on end, just observing and planning out the most viable point of entry? Formulating every detail of your planned inflitration, objectives and exfiltration before you take even the first step toward enacting it?

If yes then this game will be good for you.

It's probably easier to say that if you want to get it to see how the next instalment of the MGS plot plays out, don't get it. If you want to play the absolute apotheosis of the MGS gameplay formula, get it now.
>>
Listen. I'm 15 hours in. Do I ever get a minimap that stays on the screen at all times like the old games? Vision cones would help a lot. I feel like I can't make a single move without someone's attention on me.
>>
If you really need to buy it, buy it from G2A.com or something.
Konami doesn't deserve money.
>>
Story shit but game is super fun. Still playing after getting 100% 200 hours later.
>>
9/10 during first playthrough
8/10 when you're done

gameplay is superb but it lacks mission variety
>>
isn't this game piratable ?
>>
>>320117623
>Do I ever get a minimap that stays on the screen at all times like the old games
no, but you can get a mini display for your idroid if you press T when you have it up, you cant do much when you have it up though so its only for scouting for enemy positions.
>>
6/10

It was OK but no hook. Basically just functional, but not fun. Ground Zeroes was a lot more focused and a lot better because of it, I think.
>>
>>320116912
Buy, if you really wanna have something fun to tide yourself over. Make weapons, plan routes, infiltrate bases in some absurd way. You don't necessary need to do all of the story. But doing the story will net you helpers, and open up a second area.
>>
>>320117448
bought it last sale.
it benefits by not having an hour of exposition each mission keeping the fun parts as the main part of the game
>>
>>320117850
I was hoping that wasn't the case. Thanks.
>>
>>320117993
you really dont need a minimap when you got tagging
>>
Will buy/10
>>
Thanks /v/ gonna buy the game! ^^
>>
every game in the MGS series is kojima simultaneously putting out an excellent game that stands on its own merits and refusing to meet any of the fan's expectations.

>everyone loves mgs and wants another game with the badass manly solid snake
>kojima makes MGS2, a postmodern masterpiece of videogaming which forces you to play as the effeminate blonde ninja raiden
>fans love the writing and plot but point out numerous flaws with the gameplay
>kojima makes MGS3, which shits on the gameplay of both previous games but also replaces mind-blowing metatextual narrative with a bland spy thriller
>fans love the gameplay and demand more, the story is mostly ignored
>kojima puts out MGS4, which replaces gameplay in general with hours of cutscenes and plot exposition
>fans bemoan the lack of gameplay but acknowledge that it wrapped the series up well in terms of character arcs and overall plot
>kojima makes MGSV which has the best gameplay of the series yet and a plot which every fan in the world hates to death

kojima is a master of trolling.
>>
>>320118320
>kojima makes MGS3, which shits on the gameplay of both previous games but also replaces mind-blowing metatextual narrative with a bland spy thriller
>fans love the gameplay and demand more, the story is mostly ignored

Stopped reading here
>>
>>320118450
what's the disagreement? apart from "muh true patriot" no-one cares about the MGS3 plot. the boss is the only interesting part of the story, and that's not enough in itself.
>>
>>320118320
So what you're saying is that the next game will have even less gameplay than MGSIV but a plot that makes up for it?

Maybe they'll retcon VOCAL CORD PARASITES
>>
File: 1442687935772.jpg (103 KB, 784x656) Image search: [Google]
1442687935772.jpg
103 KB, 784x656
>>320116912
Good Game
Bad Mgs

Your call
>>
Story sucks. Gameplay is redundant. No innovative or clever mechanics. AI is fucking retarded. There were better stealth games 15 years ago. There were better action games 15 years ago.

It is a shit game, don't waste your time and money.
>>
>>320118668
Hey as someone who got the game at the time of release I fucking loved playing as Big Boss and everything about the setting and plot made it one of the most unique stealth games out there.

My only main gripe is that it didn't follow up on anything after MGS2 but oh boy did MGS4 eat my words.
>>
Wait to get it used after a price drop or two, fuck Konami
>>
>>320118320
MGSV actually has the worst gameplay and the story is middling like the rest of the prequels
>>
>>320118450
MGS3 had the worst story.
>>
>>320117027
>>320117249
This. It's a 7 at best.
Most main missions are exactly like side missions.
You'll be infiltrating the same bases at least half a dozen times.
The world is empty, most animals are fucking invisible and only appear in picture form.
And all the optional stuff is complete shit, the motherbase is a huge let down, the zoo is empty.
The game is saved from being a 6/10 because you can perv on quiet whenever you want, and the weapon customizations and loadouts aren't bad either.
>>
>>320117327
Volgin comes back from the fucking dead and The End was covered in parasites.
>>
File: 1448868947755.png (343 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
1448868947755.png
343 KB, 500x563
it's good
>>
8.5/10
ignore the shitty story and you'll have a great time
>>
>>320116912
5/10 story

10/10 gameplay
>>
File: 56232314.jpg (67 KB, 328x387) Image search: [Google]
56232314.jpg
67 KB, 328x387
>>320119470
>Mgs V
>Worst gameplay
>>
>>320120701
>posts shad
>critiques taste

wew
>>
Very good gameplay
Above average story
Somewhat repetitive
Too easy once you get D-Dog/Quiet, but if you have the willpower you can choose not to use them
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.