[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the GOAT videogame? It does have the GOAT soundtrack.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: dragon-warrior-monsters-usa.png (2 MB, 1370x1370) Image search: [Google]
dragon-warrior-monsters-usa.png
2 MB, 1370x1370
Is this the GOAT videogame? It does have the GOAT soundtrack.
>>
>>320107018
I liked 2, remember my friend and I were hanging out playing, messing around with breeding, and I saw "???" appear for what monster would result.

Thought that was the coolest thing
>>
>>320107239

I find 1 to be a lot more charming than 2. GreatTree was just a lot more exciting than GreatLog, But the two essentially shared the same soundtrack, which really is perfect in every way.
>>
>>320107018
Great videogame.
I spent ages on it.
>>
Awesome game, it's a shame they can't recapture the wonder these games made me feel as a kid. Every DWM game other than the first 2 has been mediocre at best.
>>
Still one of my favorites to this day, kind wish we had gotten the remake but I can live without it.
>>
File: 3143_front.jpg (79 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
3143_front.jpg
79 KB, 500x574
>>320107018
Woah, the american box looks so,

american.
>>
File: latest[1].png (731 B, 41x47) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
731 B, 41x47
>>320107018
All those goddamn hours man.
Just for a goddamn color swap sprite.
Hes not even on my top 3 favorites either
>>
Cobi's journey or Tara's adventure? (Think those were the names)
>>
File: 2388516_f520.jpg (47 KB, 520x257) Image search: [Google]
2388516_f520.jpg
47 KB, 520x257
>>320110858
Second game's US boxart was a bit better.
>>
>>320107018
isn't another one coming out soon-ish?
>>
File: gigax.png (4 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
gigax.png
4 KB, 160x144
>play game first time
>using one of those battlerex or whatever, the t rex with an axe
>breed it with something, kind of sad but it was really weak
>get a gigadraco
>really high stats
>mainstay of my team, only ever switched the other 2
>hits the hp and atk cap
>hits his level cap, around 80 i think

>for some reason get it in my head that if you play past 100 hours it would erase your save (i think that happened to my pokemon game so i thought 100 hours was the hard cap)
>from then on always transfer it to my brothers game and then back to my new game
>it travels across 3 games
>favorite monster by far

i dont know what it was, i liked pokemon almost just as much but i never got attached to them like i did to that gigadraco
>>
So when is this coming to the west? Do you guys even know about this?

This shit right here might make me learn Japanese.
>>
>>320113181
oh shit what the fuck thanks fucking square enix
>>
>>320113261
Yea I shouldn't have even posted it. Ignorance is bliss.
But seriously, fuck square enix. It isn't fucking hard to translate a REMAKE of a game, they already have most of the text. Just give it a digital release and I'm certain they'd make their money back.
>>
>>320113181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZSlreJcws

there was also a ps1 remake
>>
>>320107018

Never played it but I was thinking of playing a DQM, should I play 1, Joker or Joker 2?
>>
File: 1445839592933.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445839592933.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>320113964
Woah. I had no idea. I'll see if I can find an English Rom.

So how does breeding work? I always get to a point where my anteater and bat become outclassed at the tournament and just start over.
>>
>>320114393
>I'll see if I can find an English Rom
Been waiting for years. Here: http://aerie.wingdreams.net/
Still not done.
>>
>>320114207
DWM 1 has 'dungeons' where you go floor to floor and the exit for each floor is randomly placed on each attempt

DWM 2 has bigger areas without random exits so i might recommend that one over the rest

i played joker but only a little joker 2 and between those i would probably say joker 2
>>
>>320113964
>there was also a ps1 remake

wut
>>
I played the fuck out of DWM1 and 2. Actually got my friends in on it so we could battle each other. My main strategy was to have a MetalDrak who could use an extremely powerful move called Massacre and use him to sweep the rest of the enemy team when my other guys were downed. Lots of fun.

I thought the plot twist in the first game was cool (GreatTree trained your sister to represent them in the tournament and you have to fight her) but they didn't do as much with it as they could've. This shit really needed a manga.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.