[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the people on /v/ that played this game when it came out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 23
File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67 KB, 300x428
To the people on /v/ that played this game when it came out, what were your initial impressions playing it back then?

And how do you think it holds up?
>>
>>320105391
I really loved it as a kid when I first played it.

Then after spending a long time on /v/ and hearing its opinions on it, I changed my mind. It's garbage.
>>
File: 1449205766933-sp.jpg (219 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
1449205766933-sp.jpg
219 KB, 480x540
I felt the first half life was better and was a bit disappointed. I thought the gravity gun was gimmicky and that it interrupted fluid game play because I was focused on finding things to toss in the environment rather than my enemies. I thought the plot was disconnected from the first, and felt the dystopia was a step down from the high science. I didn't care about Alex at all, and her nigger father too. The driving sequences were complete shit too. I honestly thought Doom 3 was better.
>>
First was better, although the engine was real nice and "crisp".
>>
It was great then and it's great now. I play through it once a year.
>>
>>320105826
this
it's extremely outdated, but goddamn do the animations hold up well
I've compared every fps with hl2's animations, and in most cases even the lipsync can break immersion on new games
>>
This game pretty much marks the end of when games still had good level design.

There are tons of shitty first person shooters that come out these days and everyone always blames random bullshit, but the main factor in all of them is that LEVEL DESIGN IS NONEXISTANT.

Good level design MAKES good FPS games.
>>
File: 1389357002231.jpg (24 KB, 362x337) Image search: [Google]
1389357002231.jpg
24 KB, 362x337
>>320105391
I'm not a huge valve fan, especially not modern valve. But when I played this in 2004 it blew my mind. Much like all the technology in MGS2 did.

The way your crow bar made different sounds and holes depending on what you smacked it on. The way your vision blurred under water and how the trail of bubbles from bullets coming into the water.

The physics and all the items and how each item acted and sounded like it would in real life, and don't get me started on the rag dolls.

Back when I played it I was like "yes, the future is now" and then I got treated to FEAR the very next year. I had extremely high hopes for the future. But that future never came
>>
>>320106318
It's funny because it's not even like we're "taking it for granted" these days or anything. Companies just don't put in the effort to make small details matter in their games. Everything is rushed and only the big setpieces that you can put into your trailers or pay let'splayers to show off matter, and fuck everything else.

Fuck the games industry.
>>
>>320105510
You are lying then, you never played it.
>>
>>320105391
Liked the doom 3 and halo ce port much more.
>>
>>320106507
I wish valve would release another game and BTFO the entire industry
>>
>>320105391

The tech just blew my mind. Source supported dx7 to dx9 GPU's which is incredible.

It had nice set pieces. People look back and think the physics were gimmicky but picking up boxes and dropping them on combine was incredible.

Decent enemy variety, good levels. I liked the dystopian setting, City 17 felt pretty realistic in terms of how a foreign power would control a city.

Face animations were godlike. I mean, shit like bloodborne doesn't even have lips moving in game.

AI was pretty good although I wonder if they dumbed Combine AI intentionally in game.

I felt it was paced pretty well too, which is something many shooters fuck up on. The last level felt like the last level and it ending was satisfactory.

That said, HL1 and Op For was better, and HL2 ep 1 and 2 were better than the original.
>>
>>320106318
Crysis was the last hurrah of carefully crafted FPS.
>>
File: 1411321642254.gif (3 MB, 235x122) Image search: [Google]
1411321642254.gif
3 MB, 235x122
>>320106318

The future looked so bright.

>>320105391

You seriously don't realise how amazing this game was in 2004. It blew minds.
>>
Why do people on /v keep shitting on this game for being "outdated" when that criticism is almost never aplied to games like Doom, System Shock, Deus, Goldeneye, etc.

If you released System Shock today (with updated graphics) it would be absolutely shat on.

Why can't we judge games based on the timeline they were released in?
>>
>>320107376
Whoops, just noticed all the typos, fuck tablets
>>
>>320107376
Did you forget where you are? contrarian town familia.
>>
>>320106712
How the fuck can you even rate doom 3.

A doom game only in name which doesn't even try to match what its predecessors established.

Repetitive shitty jumpscares and a shitty finale.

Shitty level design which was a far cry from the maze like levels in 1 and 2, IMO still some of the best levels in FPS.
>>
File: 2012-01-09_00003.jpg (322 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2012-01-09_00003.jpg
322 KB, 1600x900
>>320105391
I got to this part and started to appreciate how incredibly ahead of its time the game was. I stayed up the rest of the night playing it, which I've probably done for 5 games ever.

It's probably aged very poorly, but I haven't touched it since release.
>>
>>320107376
in some aspects fallout 4 is more dated than half life 2
>dat shitty mocap
>no animation blending
>half-assed lipsync
>facial animations are nowhere near realistic
>>
>>320107519
I've been replaying Doom 3 BFG recently, and the levels may not be as maze-like as Doom 1 or 2, but they're still way more maze-like than modern shooters. You should go back and play it again if you disagree.
>>
Too young to have played it when it came out, but I remember watching my cousin play it in my aunt's basement; he had it projected onto the wall and i watched him play it all night.

The atmosphere and music is still fresh in my mind.
>>
>>320105391
I was like 17 when it came out. For me the graphics were crazy, they looked photo-realistic for the time. The gameplay was amazing and i loved how the game changed paced and gameplay acording to the level.

It was a 10/10 for me and still holds as one of the best PC games i ever played.
>>
I spent like 3 hours in the station throwing things around and stacking boxes, it was mindblowing.
>>
>>320108772
Btw i trying to play Baldurs Gate 2 since i never played, i just cant get into it. Im so used to not read on games and just listen to dialogue. Its really hard.
>>
>>320105391
steam was a shit, the game itself was really underwhelming. I dropped it to play some more paper mario and mgs3
>>
>>320105391
Really liked it. Especially playing around with the sdk. I think it's holding up pretty good.
>>
>>320107575
It actually hasn't aged poorly at all. In some areas it's still better than a lot of FPS today. Namely facial animations, voice acting, and, in my opinion, movement and level design.

If you updated its graphics, deleted people's memories and released Half-Life 2 today, it'd still be one of the best games out there, even i fthe physics wouldn't be impressive anymore.
>>
average shotter
just like what i though of half life
>replayed it a few years ago
>though the same
i remember having a lot of fun with the ball thingy at the end of the game
>>
>>320105391
I thought it was amazing when it first came out. The graphics, the animations, the physics, the gravity gun, the way glass reacted when shot, the way gunshots and explosions sounded when they were happening far away.

I still go back and play it every other year or so. Still love it. Had a friend play it about three years back and it's one of his favorite games now too.
>>
>>320109038
Replace the basic physics puzzles with something else and add more organic weapons and the game would be GOAT
>>
>>320105391
I liked it, but it had some serious pacing issues.
I replay half life 1 every two years or so, but I've never replayed 2 because all I remember is driving around in that hovercraft or throwing pheromones at enemies or stopping every 5 minutes to find a fucking car battery.
>>
>>320105391
They lived up to the hype
Although I bought it because CSS
>>
Why do some people rate the gunplay in this game so highly?
>>
>>320109161
Replay it. The vehicle sections make up two chapters out of the fourteen.
>>
>>320105391
bretty good

Especially since I don't let /v/ tell me what I like.
>>
>>320109049
>better physics than the average game
>more level/map variety than the average shooter
>more story than the average shooter
>more weapon variety than the average shooter
>great modding community

HL2 is just one of those games that makes /v/ go full contrarian retard for no reason.
>>
I thought it was shit back then. It didn't engage me at all like other games I was playing at the time, like Quake 3 or Painkiller. It didn't engage me as much as games I'd already played in the genre like Dark Forces, Doom, Hexen/Heretic

The guns just feel weak and the level design is mostly just corridors. I hated being locked in rooms while people talked at me for extended periods of time. HL2 is arguably where I think all of modern gaming's bad habits came from.

Not a fan
>>
>>320109331
Go try the shotgun and the deagle again, come back to me.
>>
>>320109331
Because all of the weapons have unique uses, and some of them feel great to use, like the revolver, the best shotgun ever, the pulse rifle, the crossbow, and most importantly the gravity gun

They could have added more organic weapons though
>>
>>320109161
The vehicle segments aren't that long and mostly just serve as a segway between the on foot segments. You're really just looking for excuses to not like the game at this point.
>>
>>320109443
i remember playing the alpha
just because you didn't played many shotters doesn't mean everyone its the same
>release
>modding community
nevermind i'm talking with retards
the average shotter i played wasn't cod . cod2 . and cod3
>story
yea i hated being stuck listening to a retard for minutes back there , just like i hated it now
>>
>>320109541
Let's be honest here, I myself like the vehicle sections but don't act like they're not commonly criticized on /v/
>>
I played it a few years after it came out when the orange box was released. Everyone on /v/ was hyping it up big at the time and I was underwhelmed and thought it was overrated. After playing it again recently, I don't know what I was thinking. The game is just so well designed. You're always doing something different and new and no section apart from the driving section ever feels like it overstays it's welcome. I used to think it was a game that you had to play when it was released to appreciate it but good level design is timeless.
>>
>>320105391
Second best game ever made after HL1.
10/10 level design
10/10 graphics for the time
10/10 physics by modern standards
10/10 immersion
10/10 AI
10/10 TECHNOLOGY
10/10 bridge part
8/10 pacing
10/10 intro
10/10 alpha protag
10/10 weapons and gunplay
>>
>>320105391
I didn't get to play it back then, because I was an underage with no money, but it's still good to this day.
Really expanded on the first game, especially on gameplay length from 1 hour to about 10-12 hours.
One of the few examples of linearity done right, too bad EP1 was boring as fuck.
>>
My thoughts were:
>this game is literally like a movie!
>the graphics are amazing
>how can it run so well on my shitty computer??

I played it for 2 weeks and then resumed vanilla world of warcraft with my "I'm a tank damnit. I can make this work. Just let me hit him a few times before you jump in ok? Hey chill out with aggro guys!"-paladin
>>
>>320109702

I hated both the episodes actually. Well not hated, just didn't really enjoy them that much, especially episode 1.
>>
>there are people on /v/ who think Valve games aren't absolute shit
They only do one genre and they are shit at it

But muh physixxx!!1 Who fucking cares, really
>>
>>320109331
The basic pistol and the SMG are fucking shit I admit but everything after is GOAT.
>>
>>320109745
Why do you hate Episode 2? I feel like there's so much improvement in that one
>>
>>320109479
>All of modern gamings bad habits

Things that Half life doesn't have
>Weapon limits
>Kill streaks
>Melee finishers
>Grenade button
>QTE
>Fifty identical rifles that all use different ammo
>Lack of manual save

Half Life 2 was probably the last generation of old school shooters honestly before all this stuff became mandatory. I'd say Halo is where these modern trends started to be fair, not Half Life.
>>
>>320109842

This. Halo started a lot of the bad trends, but CoD 4 cemented them and made them standard.

>>320109834

Disliked Alyx mostly, and I felt it had lost a lot of its atmosphere in the episodes.
>>
File: Much regret.jpg (126 KB, 1139x605) Image search: [Google]
Much regret.jpg
126 KB, 1139x605
Surface Tension in Half-Life was/is possible the best part of any FPS game I've ever played. Ravenholm in HL2 was great and a great introduction to the Grav gun, but never quite eclipsed the experience of Surface Tension.

That said, on the whole, I felt that HL2 was better than 1 but only just. The vehicle mechanics were fairly poor but it was possibly the only downside.

I mean, everything from Ravenholm, to the hold-out in Nova Prospekt and then seeing the Citizenry rise up against the Combine in Anti-Citizen one was really fucking cool. It felt like you were part of something big, rather than just a fixing some weird mysterious event in number one. Shit like seeing a Helo pop over the horizan and then over a dozen combine soldiers start pouring around different corners would you give that feeling "Oh, shit is just about to get real again".

It was a geniunely awesome game and FPS's since then haven't really eclipsed it terms of real immersion. The "Michael Bay" games of today, like MW2 break the immersion by making it too forced where as Half Life's was more naturally done.

As for over the years. I loved it enough to do a couple of play throughs of HL2 and both EP 1 and 2. With the Elevator scene in Episode 2being another of the more memorable scenes in any FPS game in recent times as well. I've also spent a decent amount of time into Half-Life 2's multiplayer mode as well. Which can be hell fun once you get good enough at it too. (pic related)

These days, gaming is nearly dead to me. The only game that would genuinely make my dick hard and that I would be looking forward to would be a Half Life 3.
>>
>>320109745
Episode 2 was great, but it lacked the Alyx AI from ep1, which was excellent.
>>
>>320105391
My very first impressions were that the game lived up to its hype. I wasnt thinking that tho after finishing it. Out of the PC big three FPSes of 2004 it was better than Doom 3 but i had more fun playing Far Cry.
>>
>>320109745
Why do you hate Episode 2? It's my favourite Half-Life game.
>that house defense with Alyx as Hunters try to break in
>>
>>320109842
>comparing a single and multiplayer shooter
>thinking that HL2 is 'old school'
Fuck off kiddo
>>
>>320109930
I don't mind Alyx but I can understand some people hate having an NPC pouring down exposition every second
>>
>>320110030

Half Life 2 is old school.
>>
>>320109762
valve was a hell of a lot better than most companies are today
they made a few good games and then instead of releasing a shitty game every year, they stopped making games
>>
>>320109492
Yeah I ended up using those 2 weapons for 90% of the game.
The SMG also felt like wet dog turds luckily it had the grenade launcher as a saving grace but the primary fire was still dildos, and the pulse rifle spread like a your mom's legs making it pretty shit beyond ranges you'd rather use a shotgun for.
>>
>>320110030
HL2 was released almost 9 years ago, you mongoloid.
>>
Back then
>Wow this graphics are good
>These characters talks like real people
>Why are the AI dumber than HL1?
>You can command troops now? This is great
>What the hell is that ending
Today, I admit that HL1 was better except Xen but I played HL2 more than 1
>>
>>320110161

More like almost 12 years dude. 2004. It's an old game.

Only old school feature it doesn't have is conc jumping and bunnyhopping.
>>
>>320110161
11 actually
>>
>>320110161
Eleven years actually
Eleven years since "Rise and shine"
>>
>>320110219
>>320110225
>>320110227
>HL2 was released in 2004

Where the fuck has my life gone, I remembered it was released in 2007
>>
>>320110280
Episode 2 was released in 2007
>>
>>320110030
Halo had a singleplayer campaign that was actually highly rated.Have you ever actually played the game kid or you just come here to shit post?

And if you look at HL2's features it definitely conforms more to the old school shooters than it does to new ones. Carrying a tonne of weapons, health kits, armour, enemies that soak up bullets instead of dropping to two shots, puzzles.

I mean if you're going to try and stand there and tell me that Half Life 2 is more like CoD or Battlefield than it is like Half Life 1 then I seriously don't think you've ever played Either Half Life and you're just parroting shit you heard on /v/
>>
>>320110080
It's not though. Shitty scripted sequences keep it from being one. It's part of the new school whether you like it or not. It started the trend of 'set pieces' and 'interactive' cutscenes which is a shit trend and makes games instantly stale after one playthrough

Just because it didn't start some of the bad trends you mentioned above, doesn't mean it is excused for starting a huge bunch of the other shit that plagues games today.
>>
>>320110280
That's Orange Box
>>
>>320110280

That was Episode 2 man, that's how long we've been waiting for Episode 3.
>>
>>320110297

fuck my life m8 it's been too long
>>
>>320105391

Thought it was pretty fun. Now I can't even force myself through it because of how uninteresting it is.
>>
>>320110219
>no bunnyhopping
Fun fact, they added backwards acceleration when the player reached certain speeds to prevent bunnyhopping but didn't anticipate that people would bunnyhop backwards causing the force to speed them up rather than slow them down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gze5nhXBZQ0
>>
>>320107618
F4 doesn't have mocap.
>>
>>320105391

HOLY SHIT GRAPHICS. HOLY SHIT PHYSICS.
>>
>>320110308
>waaaaaah half life 2 my first fps its not bad ur just parrotinggg
>waaaaaah multiple types of games can't be new schooool, every old skool game was da same ;_;
- Your whiny post
>>
>>320110374
yes it does
use your eyes
>>
File: 1416418434784.jpg (16 KB, 296x211) Image search: [Google]
1416418434784.jpg
16 KB, 296x211
>>320110317

Scripted set pieces were a part of Half Life 1 as well. There's like a 45 minute segment where you just walk around unarmed without your HEV suit in Black Mesa before the resonance cascade.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Half Life was commended for pioneering those scripted sequences and set pieces back in 1998 precisely because it was such a huge departure towards realism and immersion that games like Doom didn't have.

You're a fucking moron dude. Blame Cod 4 for the bad trends in FPS games.
>>
>>320110393
Why are you so mad? Seriously why are teenagers always so touchy when someone talks about CoD?
>>
>>320109498
>best shotgun ever
The Doom shotgun/supershotgun are still more satisfying.
>>
>>320109842

I still don't understand why Bioshock Infinite adopted the 2-weapon limit.

Do you think Valve would do the same if HL3 ever came out?
>>
why did 2007 kill everything
>>
>>320110536
Maybe. We talking about modern Valve here.
>>
Its flaws, especially on second playthrough
>unskippable pseudo-cutscenes
>vehicle sections
>puzzles
>default pistol and smg feel like peashooters
>>
>>320110547

>Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is a 2007 first-person shooter video game
>2007

Seriously can't overstate how badly that game impacted FPS games for years to come. I remember there was a glut of WW2 FPS games that everyone was sick of, but it just got replaced by a modern warfare glut.

Cod 4 was actually kinda okay though, for what it was.
>>
I can't stand the boat and car levels, and they are the 30% of the game.
>>
>>320109610
>i remember playing the alpha
Go play the full game then you dumbshit.

>the average shotter i played wasn't cod . cod2 . and cod3
I don't care what you played or how much of a contrarian special snowflake you trying to look, those deffinitely fall under the category of average shooter, you fuckin retard.

>yea i hated being stuck listening to a retard for minutes back there , just like i hated it now
You just sound like a closeminded piece of shit who parrots the same opinion from other people to be honest.
>>
>>320110596
Portal 2 came out four years ago and the game was great. It hasn't been THAT long.
>>
>>320110479
You think this about CoD and not about you not being able to accept that HL2 birthed CoD & Halo and therefore is new school

>but they don't play exactly the same!!1
Well done, you made your first observation. Games that are inspired by other games often don't play exactly the same, unless the devs are complete hack morons and can't make anything fresh at all

>>320110462
>he thinks being unarmed is a setpiece
Still though, HL1 was also shit so who cares

>reeeeealism
Literally the thing that killed videogames. I sure love slowly speeding up to run, then decelerating if I want to change direction. Oh wait no I don't it's clunky as fuck and all new games play terribly because they don't realize real life isn't fun

CoD 4 also only introduced bad trends to multiplayer. Modern multiplayer games are bad anyway since they stripped out bunny hopping and fast gameplay (thanks to HL2) so who cares
>>
>>320110393
I want Reddit to leave.
>>
>>320110536
It made it necessary to choose your approach to firefights. Combat in Half-Life games is a bit samey. Not bad, but Bioshock Infinite has far more variety to combat.

As it should, it was released seven years later. And what it doesn't have in level design it makes up for in combat design, world design and actually having a cohefent story with a proper ending - something no Half-Life game ever managed.
>>
>>320110783
I'm pretty sure reddit loves Valve and therefore HL2
>>
>>320105391
then: so good it didn't even make sense that something could be that good

now: sort of fun here and there. Not a very good game but still a good one.
>>
>>320110610
Oh shut your yap. Nobody gives a shit about your arena shooters anymore, and unless being good at Quake gets you laid, you gan go cry me a river.
>>
>>320110462

They aren't even comparable, barring the tram sequence and the three minutes from when you are entering the chamber and to the end of the chamber. Most of the time you are still doing something, as opposed to Half-Life 2's constant sequences where you just sit and listen.
>>
>>320110739
>Halo CE
>2001

>Half Life 2
>2004

>Half Life 2 birthed Halo

You are not intelligent. And besides that hilarious skip in your logic, you also haven't provided any actual arguments as to WHY Half Life 2 started the genesis of modern shooters except to say "But it really did I swear, you wouldn't know because you're a kid lololololol"

I provided a list of features that were common themes to old school shooters and were a big part in defining the genre and are all included in Half Life 2 and you've said nothing to counter that because your opinion is not your own. Someone on /v/ told you it was a shitty modern shooter and you have just been parroting that every day since without understanding why that person thought it was so.
>>
>>320110881
Check out the self-proclaimed "master race"
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3alp4s/straw_poll_how_many_of_us_have_actually_played/
37% haven't played a single HL game
>>
>>320110881
That's completely irrelevant it's about how he posted
He'd have been laughed off the board a bunch of years ago but then came the ironic shitposting craze and now everyone is retarded
>>
>>320105713
>Doom 3
I don't know how it holds up but at least for it's time this was a pretty amazing game, not just graphically but gameplaywise too
>>
>>320110961
>no arguments why
>thread full of them
Stopped reading there
>>
>>320111002
HL2 is shit
>>
>>320110937

>Extended train sequence which is a blatant tech demo sequence to show off particle effects
>Walking around a lab without any gun just listening to scientists, collecting your HEV suit
>Listening to the scientists in the resonance chamber blather on
>Rolling a cart with a crystal in the generator

This is the same fucking shit HL2 did. And it's not 3 minutes, that sequence takes like 15 minutes of waiting around building tension.

>Constant sequences in HL2

There's like 3 and 2 of them are in the same chapter at the beginning of the game. The only long one is Red Letter Day where you get your HEV suit.

>>320111054

Says the guy who, totally earnestly, believes HL is shit.
>>
>>320110739
>hl1 was also shit
Pffft, does this mongoloid honestly think anyone's going to listen to him after parroting this pleb opinion?

HL1 revolutionized the genre on levels up to par with quake and Doom.

Just because it got more praise doesn't meant you get to shit on it out of spite .

Fact 1: Carmack started the free dev tools for free mods movement.

Fact 2: HL1 took that idea and struck gold . pioneering and establishing the standard for online moding communities. It even germinated the most popular competitive team FPS pub mod of its time.

Hell, a hl1 mod singlehandedly made e-sports a hellova popular thing with cs.

Just deal with the fact that cs was a lucky spawn/mod that made the engine gain more traction and move on. Because in the end of the day, Valve's decision to spawn a mov culture around hl1 and actively support it was a good one. Fucking deal with it
>>
I never beat the 1st one when I was younger. didn't realize the giant blast door was like a regular door and got stuck there. I've beat it since and felt so stupid when I figured it out. I kind of prefer the 2nd one for the story. The 1st just doesn't really have much of a story.
>>
It wanted to be different from the original Half-Life. Half-Life was a game that veered back and forth between survival horror and action - mind you, the only other time we ever got a game like that was The Last of Us, and, well, see its reception.

It definitely holds up today. It's long, it's greatly designed, Alyx is ground zero for all of gaming's great companion characters Elika, Elizabeth and Ellie, and I can only think of Bulletstorm's leash and Bioshock Infinite's Skyrails and Tears when it comes to "things in first-person shooters that are acceptable replacements for a Gravity Gun".
>>
>>320110881
And I'm sure you love sucking dicks, but does that mean I hate every dicksucker?
>>
>>320110998
BWWWWAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

The kicker is that /v/ is the same now.
>>
>>320111257
>BWWWWAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
>>
>>320111054
You provided no arguments except to say "it totally started modern shooters and you're a kid so you wouldn't know any better" without anything to back it up

That's not an argument, that's an ad hominem attack. And you've also failed to address any of the points I made about why it's closer to old school shooters than modern ones. On top of that you're now just conveniently ignoring the fact that you believed Half Life 2 predated Halo because you can't admit you are wrong.

Give me something. Here I'll give you a freebie. it had escort missions, something very common in modern shooters.

Feel free to use that one next time this topic comes up so at least you will have SOME argument instead of just lashing out and calling everyone who disagrees with you a kid.
>>
>>320111142
I never understood why the modding scene never took to Half-Life 2 as much.
>>
The pacing is what makes the Half-Life series great.

>if you left a CD in your drive it would play the tracks instead of the game music.

Bravo Valve.
>>
>>320111291
He's a redditor, don't be surprised
>>
>>320111327
It's because Hammer is shit I think.
>>
>>320111291
Yeah, basically. Sad, isn't it?

Oh well, their loss.
>>
>>320111257
Can you please stop posting until you become familiar with what's considered adequate language and posting form in this website?

There's a reason lurk moar is a rule. You aren't supposed to bring 9gagg/Reddit meme spewing in here.
>>
>>320111372
>Think happy thoughts! Think happy thoughts! Think happy thoughts!
>>
>>320111257
>BWWWWAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
What shithole site do people like you even come from?
>>
>>320111373
that and the map size you get to work with is pretty damn small
>>
>>320111404
You're right, what he should really be saying is "my sides" or "top kek" or "JUST"
>>
>>320111404
EPIC
>>
>>320111327
There was a pretty big modding scene actually but it was short lived. And now you can't even play most of the old mods because the steam pipe update made them incompatible unless the mod makers went back to update their mods. Which most didn't. So now all we've got is Gmod and a bastardized half updated version of smod that sometimes works.
>>
Half-life still holds up for me up until the Xen
Half-life 2 doesn't hold up all that well, and I consider it one of my favorite games
I can't really remember HL2EP1
I just replayed HL2EP2 and it still holds up great though
>>
>>320111457
>your entire post
That's just sad man.

You think this guy would have better things to worry about in his life...
>>
>>320111470
Only class clowns do that. Reasonable people don't need to seek validation from others by being pathetic.
>>
>>320111470
>>320111457
>>320111404

Fucking so sick of this website. This was actually a good thread too.

Here's to another year of worthless, dumbfuck shitposting. May 2016 also be filled with angry ranting at nothing.

Protip: Mindless Reddit boogeyman hatred is the worst thing to happen to this site since Gaiafag influx.
>>
File: cringe.gif (3 MB, 435x244) Image search: [Google]
cringe.gif
3 MB, 435x244
>>320111257
>>320111427
>>
>>320111137

I haven't even played Half-Life 2 in ten fucking years and I can name more than three.

>the prison rollercoaster that ends in Dr. Breen's office
>the teleporter sequence, the lab, etc
>Nova Prospekt and Alyx constantly making you wait around (at least they throw some enemies at you some of the time)
>upgrading the hovercraft talk with Alyx
>the part where you are trapped in a concrete wall room that is right before the part where you get the tau cannon car
>the section where you get the antlion pods
>the entire section before Ravenholm and after the hoverboat

Half-Life 1 has hardly anything, except for the admittedly terrible early sequences, the ending and the thirty seconds where the military guys try to garbage compact you. They aren't even comparable.
>>
>>320111581
Yeah, like posting on japanese imageboards
>>
>>320111584
You are always free to leave, friendo
>>
>>320111582
Good post family.

To be honest I'm shaking my head at these kekolded gentlemen.
>>
>>320111584
>Fucking so sick of this website.
And I'm fucking sick of you but you don't see me shitposting. Go back to masturbating to pictures of gaben and crying yourself to sleep about how its people playing consoles games that made your precious little platform irrelevant to actual gaming.
>>
>>320111624
I can practically hear your cries of agony from all the pain in your ass through the speakers of my screen.
>>
>>320111750
Console fags fuck off.
We'd be in a golden age right now if you didn't insist on dragging games down to your level.
>>
>>320111327
There were shit loads of mods, insurgency and gmod even made it as stand alone games.
My favorite mods were Zombie Master and some space combat mod. Like infinite silence or something
>>
>>320111798
Keep digging that hole, bro
>>
I'm in the minority of people who got it inbetween the orange box coming out, and TF2 going free to play. It was right around the time they gifted participating users Portal for free, in 2009 or 2010. I thought Half Life 2 had a lot of charm, but later on to now, I have become absolutely smitten with its environment designs, and the fact that it's really original for a genre as cheesy as alien invasions. I strive to design environments in HL2s vein. Its atmosphere is only matched by Penumbra.
>>
>>320111798
>Speakers of my screen
This is b8
>>
File: 1449599101767.jpg (188 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1449599101767.jpg
188 KB, 1191x670
>>320105391
I pre-ordered it back in the day for the silver package (all the Source games), managed to download it on a proper connection, but then had to authenticate on a fucking 56k modem every time I wanted to start the game because that's how Steam worked back then and we were in the process of moving.

Regardless, I loved it. The physics was the best I had ever seen, the shooting and great, visuals were gorgeous, AI perhaps not what the early trailers had shown (they never tried to flank me or break a window to shoot at me), Ravenholm was fun as fuck, and the whole game felt like a great adventure. Only thing I didn't like the fist time around was the squad mechanics. Mostly because they felt sort of pointless and tacked on, when I just wanted to shoot stuff myself.

Going back to it, it's still a great game, but there are a few issues I have with it. The vehicle sections drag on for way, way, way too long and aren't very fun at all. The antlion section is really boring, since you do little else than to direction someone else towards a target, without actually getting to shoot yourself. But it still plays great, and is still fun. It just never stayed with me the way Half-Life did.
>>
>>320111815
Nope. Gonna' keep posting here and play console games

FORRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!
>>
File: kim.jpg (112 KB, 976x650) Image search: [Google]
kim.jpg
112 KB, 976x650
>>320111867
>mw I had to buy it twice because of shity internet
>license and a disk with pirate shit
>pirate version had ai disable as a bind
>>
>>320111798
You can't get more autistic, redditor than this, seriously, quit posting here, times changed, you have changed, this place is simply not for you anymore.
>>
>>320111838
I don't need to, you're doing it well enough for yourself.
>>
>>320111909
;-;
>>
>>320111537
So steam killed its mod scene with updates ? How... Peculiar

But yeah, the new sdk tool was a pain to make content with. You couldn't even use the extrude command on walls because it would break the game occasionally . it was a shit edit tool.

Still, I remember playing like 20 out of imdb's top 100 hl2 mods and being blown away. There were a LOT of mods available. Well over 200 for sure.

Off the top of my head there was Pythagoras , something about a mistake, Minerva, Synergy mod, a mod like synergy but better,g mod, source forts, neo forts, zombie panic, something about a monster hunting, chivalry, there was an RPG (I think empire) where you laid down turrets and other things and vyed to conquer the map, I don't know, there were a shit load of them at spawn.

But the sdk was a hassle.

I also miss the old HL1 car map manias. How could they not make HL2 as easy to turn a prop into a vehicle? That was so fun!
>>
>>320111861
How's it feel bein' a poorfag?
>>
>>320111954
Have you been to Reddit? Its post quality is around the same as 4chan. If 4chan had an account system, you would see just as many autistic profiles.
It's been years since they've Columbused 4chan, it's time to get over it.
>>
>>320111815
>We'd be in a golden age right now if you didn't insist on dragging games down to your level.
Ah, those halcyon days of being fifteen, listening to emo music and hating everything outside of PC games...
>>
File: 1405641754135.png (18 KB, 1104x849) Image search: [Google]
1405641754135.png
18 KB, 1104x849
>>320111956
>>
>>320111954
Look at this post, /v/. Look at this dipshit calling someone else autistic.

This is what you have become.
>>
>>320105510
>Changing own opinions based on others peoples opinions on an uruguayn pumpkin craving forum.
>/v/hivemind

Kill yourself please
>>
>To the people on /v/ that played this game when it came out, what were your initial impressions playing it back then?

at first my PC couldnt run it

and when I upgraded I thought it was pretty good

loved the physics loved how improved shooting the boxes was

hated the ending and the sand buggy part
>>
>>320111029
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>320111971
Steam did that a lot back in the day, i remember gmod 7 and 8 constantly getting screwed by updates. But to be fair the steampipe update came way after the scene was already dead.
>>
>>320112083
And now he admits to being a furry...
>>
File: tmp_21783-header1242191696.jpg (28 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21783-header1242191696.jpg
28 KB, 460x215
Who played this?
>>
>>320112053

A lot of Redditors use 4chan as a designated shitting street. They come here, shitpost and cause a shitshow to blow off steam, then go back to Reddit to circlejerk for another day.
>>
>>320105826
I hear a lot of shit towards Source but I've never seen a game that really looks "shit" in it, they usually look as you say "crisp" and with enough details here and there to make it pleasing to look at as well as to play, pretty much a modern quake engine
>>
>>320105391
I remember being blown away with the sound design.
>>
>>320111956
Whatever you say, nigger
>>
>>320112201
Keep telling yourself it's Reddit and not you...
>>
>>320112201
So do most 4chan users. Thats basically 4chan in a nutshell, except most people go back to reading their chinese cartoons. And what gives you the authority on the subject of how Redditors work? Do you stalk them or something?
>>
File: 1432716170494.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1432716170494.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>320112108
>being this brutally analblasted
How is first time on /v/ doing for you friendo?
>>
>>320112183
Me. Shit was dope. Shame that the source modding community died because there were a lot of really good multiplayer mods like NeoTokyo, ZombieMaster, Fist full of frags, etc.
>>
>>320112108
Oh shut up. Only underage mongoloids think not using proper form and properly discussing a subject is acceptable.

It's not even that I have a problem with shitposting. Shitposting I can tolerate. But meme-posting ? Forcing the same meme over and over again? What do you think this is? 9gag? Where you literally post memes over and over? What's even the point outside a cheap and frankly immature laugh?
>>
>>320112229
Stay mad
>>
>>320112306
ok
>>
>>320106183
The thing I realized about the classic fps games that made their maps great was all maps where essentially created in a vacuum and later put all together to make a somewhat connected string of maps on a theme or setting to the episode or mapset in question
>>
>>320105391
it was half-life but better what else do you want to know? it felt very good, not to mention gravity gun
>>
>>320112285
Okay, now you aren't even trying anymore.
>>
>>320105391
>And how do you think it holds up?

I'd have to play it again. I only remember three things. Sections where you'd drive through fucking nothing for too long, only stopping occasionally to shoot one or two enemies so you can open a gate so you can drive more.

Picking up a board and dropping it over a gap to cross.

And cutscenes you couldn't skip. I don't care about walking around while everyone's talking about the plot. Just let me skip the thing, made replays tedious.

All of this got old very fast.
>>
>>320112303
I HEARD U LIEK MUDKIPZ
>>
>>320111161
>didn't realize the giant blast door was like a regular door and got stuck there

valve play testers everyone...
>>
>>320112291
I wonder if we could get enough people on Eternal Silence or Zombie Master
>>
>>320112303

wh47 7h3 fuck d1d y0u ju57 fuck1n6 54y 4b0u7 m3, y0u l177l3 b17ch? 1’llhav3youkn0w1 6r4du473d7op0fmycl4551n7h3navy5e4l5and1’ve b33n1nvolv3d1nnumer0u553cr37r41d50nalqu4ed44nd 1have0v3r conf1rm3dk1ll51amtr4in3d1ng0rill4w4rf4r34nd 1m 7he 7op5n1p3r1n7he3n71reu54rm3d f0rc3sy0uar3no7h1n670m3 butju57an07her74r63t1w1llw1p3y0u7h3fuckou7wi7hpr3c1s10n7h3lik35 0fwhich h45nev3r b33ns33nb3f0re0n7hi5e4r7h,m4rk myfuck1n6w0rd5.y0uth1nk y0ucan6e74w4yw17hs4y1ng7h47sh17t0m3 0verth31n73rn377h1nk 4641n,fucker45we 5pe4k 14mc0n74c71n6my53cr3tn37w0rk0f5pi35 4cr05s7h3us44ndyourip15 b3in6 7r4c3dr16h7 n0w5oy0ube773rpr3p4r3f0r7h35t0rm,m466ot7h3st0rm 7h47w1p35 0u77h3pa7h3t1cl177le7h1n6 y0ucally0url1f3 y0urefuckin6 d34dkid1 c4nbeanywh3re4ny71me,4nd1cankilly0u1nov3r 53v3nhundr3d w4y54nd7hat5ju57with mybar3handsn0t0nly am1 3x73n51v3ly7r41n3d1nun4rm3dcomb47bu71h4ve4cc3s570 7h33nt1re4rs3n4l0f7h3uni73d57a735m4r1n3c0rp54nd 1w1llu5ei770 175 fullex73n770 w1p3your m153r4bl3 4550ff7h3fac3of7h3c0n71n3n7,y0ul177le5hi71fonlyyouc0uld h4vekn0wnwh4tunh0lyr3tr1bu71ony0url177l3cl3v3rcomm3n7w4s ab0u770br1ngd0wn upony0u,m4yb3y0uw0uldh4veh3ldy0urfuck1n6t0n6uebu7youc0uldn7 y0u d1dn7, and n0w y0ure pay1n6 7h3 pr1ce,you60ddamnid107 iw1ll5h17fury4llov3ry0u4ndy0uw1lldrownin1tyour3 fuck1n6d34d,k1ddo
>>
>>320112303
>>320112417
Can both of you chill out? I mean, come o... O... O... On
>>
>>320112465
You can if you're persistent enough. I once got 12 people to join me for a game of SourceForts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZXebEVAsR0
>>
File: 1449447172354.jpg (46 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1449447172354.jpg
46 KB, 453x604
>>320112303
heres u
>>
>>320106747
It would be a great moment if a half life 3 came out and once again "raised the bar" like they set out with HL2 in the first place, but I'm way to cynical now to believe such a thing can happen, some games like Wolfenstein or Shadow Warrior are trying to recapture the past in a modern light, but now with how Doom is shaping and how the indrustey has been to Battlefront and just COD in general, FPS might as well be dead save for the little modders and indie devs
>>
To the people complaining about driving sections in HL2- i stopped at every house and loved the feeling of desolation/despair/cruelty as I stopped by every single abandoned house by the roadside , only to find out its occupants had long been turned into disgusting zombies and finding the places a headcrab nest.

Nothing hits home quite like feeling like "this is it, this is what could happen to me and my family in a combine invasion of earth" . it was one of the most immersive sections for me because of those moments where you saw that everyone and anyone outside of city 17 (I.e. combine turf) was to suffer a fate worse than death.

>>320112417
Thanks doc
>>
Hey anons, are we being raided?
>>
>>320112856

Who knows. Seems like normal /v/ to me.

Was nice while it lasted though.
>>
>>320112913
Same here, raiding blends in
>>
>>320111836
>Zombie Master
my nigggaaaaaa
>>
File: 4786705353_d90bda43b0_b.jpg (587 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4786705353_d90bda43b0_b.jpg
587 KB, 1024x768
I loved it when I first played it in 2008. But now, I have a lot harder time appreciating Half-Life 2 for what it was for the time than a lot of other games. I replayed the game and all its episodes this year and I just didn't have that much fun.

For me, it's the weapons. What was Valve thinking, especially since the shooting mechanics of Counter-Strike fully matured by 2004? Think of the M4 or AK47 and how with skill, you can shoot enemies from a far distance by timing shots correctly. In Half-Life 2 on the other hand, there is not even any penalty for running while shooting. Spray and pray. The correct strategy is not to use cover, but to strafe around like its UT or Quake.
>>
File: 1438390510141.png (392 KB, 1120x1178) Image search: [Google]
1438390510141.png
392 KB, 1120x1178
Great game, Alex is trash character though.

Ravenholm and long ass buggy drives were my fav parts.
fighting striders in ruins was pretty great too.
>>
It was one of the most engaging and atmospheric games I'd ever played at the time, but I never finished it because I wasn't very good at shooters. I finished it years later (2010) and it wasn't nearly as impressive but it was still a lot of fun. It holds up enough that I've replayed it twice since then. I actually find the first game more replayable though.
>>
File: 1407984965192.jpg (77 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1407984965192.jpg
77 KB, 960x639
>>320113083

oh, and stacking shit in sewers.
>>
>>320112938
"Let epic trolls XD" is a huge part of /v now.

That's why people tell Reddit to fuck off. It's not aimed at Reddit per se, but rather at all the kids who barge in here with a preconception that "this is what 4 Chan is for xDDd" and don't bother lurking in the first place. It's simply telling them to fuck off.
>>
File: Pistol_beta.jpg (64 KB, 287x358) Image search: [Google]
Pistol_beta.jpg
64 KB, 287x358
paff
paff
paff
>>
File: 6.jpg (463 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
463 KB, 1680x1050
Attention ground units. Anticitizen reported in this community. Code: lock, cauterize, stabilize.
>>
>>320105391
I thought it was alright, didn't really think it was all that special even if I did get some enjoyment out of it. Story could've been a bit better.
>>
>>320110536
You know a weapon limit is not a bad thing in itself. It's just a tool the devs can use like any other. The issue comes from devs that don't know how to use it and shit just ends up bad.
>>
>>320113083
it's spelled Alyx
>>
>>320113246
Too bad the average /v/ fucknugget is too daft for that and uses it as a general 'post I don't like' marker for whatever reason
>>
>>320106318

You're me or I am you. Same exact experience with HL2 and FEAR. I had family members watch them in awe due to how impressive both were. Now? Nobody puts effort so games are like roadside ads that look pretty but make you just buy the next. It's awful.
>>
File: AR2_reload_HL2.png (193 KB, 732x450) Image search: [Google]
AR2_reload_HL2.png
193 KB, 732x450
>>320113010
This weapon has so much spread that you might accidentally shoot your face.
>>
>>320107376
Games are totally different to films, literature, music etc in this respect. Probably because it's dominated by underage people so you end up with these 'the new one is better because it's new' arguments
>>
Honestly, I played HL2 at launch and it was...okay.

It wasn't that great, in my eyes. It had some nice things - the gravity gun was cool, and the atmosphere of the game was good, but it was sort of unsatisfying. I always felt like I was on a hoverboard with the way Gordon moved, and the guns never really felt particularly satisfying, barring the crossbow.

I also hated that it felt like the world was built around Gordon, even though that clearly wasn't meant to be the case. You'd walk around and there'd be an issue, and instead of people taking care of it or even trying to themselves it'd be like "Oh, it's Dr. Freeman! Give him the rocket launcher." before you get to enjoy the cinematic combat.

I never found it that convincing. It was okay though.
>>
>>320109762
>They only do one genre
Alien Swarm and Dota aren't FPS's
>>
I remember going over to my cousin's house to play HL2 for the first time when it was just released, because all my family had was this really shitty gateway 2000. I was blown away by how fucking smooth the firing animations were and how fucking great the sound was. I begged my parents for a better computer and they got me one that could run it for christmas. A little further down the road and I started finding mods for it and rediscovered it all over again. The HL modding community has always been top fucking notch in making great shit.
>>
>>320113537
It's weird, because the world didn't revolve around Gordon in 1, and that's what made it pretty good as a story. He was just a scientist caught up in all the craziness.
>>
>>320105391
GRAPHICS, PHYSICS, SMOOTH MOVEMENT, SOUND ARE COOL TOO, EXPLODING BARRELS.
And I somehow missed airboat and noclipped through obstacles and godmoded through helicopter.
>>
>>320113537
>it felt like the world was built around Gordon, even though that clearly wasn't meant to be the case
It was meant to be the case, everything was elaborately orchestrated by the Gman. I don't know how that went over your head.
>>
>>320105391
I remember being shocked by the physics. The fact that you could pick up and drop random debris where you wanted.

It was groundbreaking. No games had ever done that before.
>>
>>320111457
>What shithole site do people like you even come from?

/v/
>>
File: STALKER_CoP.jpg (496 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
STALKER_CoP.jpg
496 KB, 1680x1050
>>320113297
I'm too spoiled by Stalker to enjoy the gun mechanics of Half-Life 2 ever again. There isn't even an accuracy penalty for shooting while running.
>>
>>320112291
NEOTOKYO is still alive. There are people that really love this game.
>>
>>320112201
If they wanted to blow off steam they could just uninstall that spyware.
>>
>>320105391
I played to the Black Mesa East chapter like 4 times and never finished it. Only after playing HL1 along with OP and BS I actually finished the game and liked it. That was year ago.
>>
Amazing animations, great level design and ok gunplay, I really liked it.

Now when I try to replay it I fucking hate the train part when you gotta speed past it, no idea why I got problems with it now.
>>
>>320113826
>playing with trash
>groundbreaking
>>
>>320114335
I always forget about speed boost when I'm there.
>>
>>320109834
Not the guy you were replying to but that Strider part at the end of Episode 2 is the worse fucking part of all of HL2 and the episodes. Almost everything about it was horribly designed.
>>
>>320105391
I was interested in it (does anyone remember all those Doom 3 vs Half-Life 2 articles in magazines before release?), but I tried not to overhype myself as I knew my PC wouldn't be able to handle it. Then one day we visited some of my parents' friends and their kid showed me the game and let me play the first hour or so, and I enjoyed it so much I could barely think of anything else for days.

I didn't have the chance to play the whole game until like 2008 or so, and I think I played the episodes in 2011, but I was really impressed with most of it.
>>
File: 1413630887119.jpg (1 MB, 2184x1229) Image search: [Google]
1413630887119.jpg
1 MB, 2184x1229
Every thing as been said, so I'll just add this : the soundtrack (as well as the sound design) was so fucking good, and the musics played at the perfect time especially in the episodes. I wish more FPS did this like F.E.A.R even though they got that right only during the last expension and it was not as good.

I could have said the same about Half-Life 1 but back when I first played it on disc the musics didn't worked. It made a whole other experience though.
>>
>>320105391
"it runs on this shit?! whoa"
>>
>>320114447
You can't possibly understand unless you were there
>>
File: 1448059935695.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1448059935695.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>320114447

>what is context
>>
>>320105391
>was 13
>wondered where the protag VA was considering all games had VA's for main characters even in fps
>thought gameplay was ok
>gunplay was great
>base game was too short
>css was fun
>hl2dm was gr8
>mods where good
>circa 2004 steam on dialup was my version of hell until i got broadband in 2006
>ran fine on xp 2700 radeon 9600 pro toaster
>remember when episodes 1 and 2 came out
>still waiting for hl3 9 years later
fuck u gabe
>>
>>320105391
>back then

HOLY FUCK THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER

>now

HOLY FUCK I WISH I COULD FORGET IT AND REPLAY IT FOR ALL OF ITS GLORY
>>
>>320106938
at least ue4 titles look as pretty...

:(

last decent fps i played was csgo but its cs1.6 with a fresh coat of paint innit

have not seen any fps game raise the bar since crysis warhead really everything else is the same shit litereally the same shit for almost 10 years it completely turned me off the genre and when niche ones like RTS are still getting fresh/decent games it really shits me FPS is basically dead i havent even tried the new halo and i own a xone ffs
>>
>>320105391
It was a VERY well optimized game which ran smooth as butter even on toasters, given all the new fangled engine, effects and physics etc.
>>
>>320107575
It's still good, you should replay it. The level/world design still holds up great, the atmosphere as product of the design, environments, the enemies, the ambient electronic soundtrack, the writing and environmental storytelling etc. is still a high point for me.

It will feel much more linear than back then because it is, and also because its tricks have been extensively replicated in other games. The pacing is GOAT-tier too, probably unbeaten, it has a nuance and ambiguity to it that's still unique in games.
>>
>>320115760
I think the main strength of the Half-Life series is that it features linear gameplay but still feels like you're part of an actual, bigger world, and so it never really feels confined.
>>
>>320115742
*picks up a can*
*runs away from a combine*
*puts HEV suit on*
*shoots down a helicopter*
*plays ball with a Dog*
*kills zombies with saws*
*leads army of ant lions*
*crashes into a train*
ADRENALINE ADMINISTERED
>>
>>320116036
>*leads army of ant lions*

goty right here mates

and the reason why the ''half life 2 is aged because all fps games nowadays are like it but better'' argument doesn't work, because you cant lead a fucking ant lion army in call of duty or whatever you hip kids play nowadays
>>
>>320111327
because the level of fidelity the artwork required and how complicated the game engine became
The games with the biggest modding communities are usually the games that are simplest to work with. Doom, Minecraft, Quake, Half-Life, Warcraft 3
Valve expected the modding community to take off like it did for hl1 without taking into account how difficult it was to live up to the bar created by the hl2 content itself
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.