[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Vegas thread Let's try this again. Not going to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1450041449897.jpg (84 KB, 809x960) Image search: [Google]
1450041449897.jpg
84 KB, 809x960
New Vegas thread

Let's try this again.

Not going to be intimidated by shitposters. Look around you. There are multiple threads pertaining to a particular video game on this board. Go ahead and report all you like or try to derail the thread by spamming /u/ (and get banned for it) while the rest of us are here to talk about video games.
>>
BIG IRON
>>
>>320101000
Nice trips, m8.
Anyway, how to unbug Vault 21 jumpsuit quest?
>>
Your friendly reminder that as of Fallout 4 NCR is canon winners of Hoover Dam and the Legion have been destroyed.
>>
>>320101428
What, you mean where you can buy the Armored Vault 21 Jumpsuit from Vault 21 Gift Shop? You have to install the JSawyer patch.
>>
>>320101428
do you mean obtaining the armored 21 jumpsuit?
>>
>>320101474
But that's wrong, you retard.

They don't reference New Vegas at all, and whenever they do reference the NCR it's referencing Fallout 2.

If you're talking about Kellogg's memories with the radio, they're in the HUB being annexed, after Fallout 1.
>>
>>320101691
Traders do anon.

Accept it.
>>
Ulysses best character
>>
>>320101793
funny way of spelling Cass.
>>
>>320101474
pretty much this
>>
>>320101597
>>320101602
Nah, I mean a vanilla quest where you collect jumpsuits for that lass and you can bug the game so script never fires and she still says "I'll meet you in the room" and you can't do shit with her. I just want easy money for jumpsuits...
>>
>>320101745
No, they don't.
>>
>>320101474
well you can't really destroy the Legion. They'll probably just separate into smaller groups and fight over who is right.

I am just hoping for a sequel set smack dab in the middle of this. But it would also mean that Caesar dies from his tumor and that Lanius died at Hoover Dam also.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (467 KB, 1444x1154) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
467 KB, 1444x1154
>>320101474
Who the fuck cares what Bethesda thinks of the canon.

Interplay/Obsidian and Bethesda are seperate canons.
>>
>>320101956
i have no idea. i guess you'll have to reload.

maybe this modded patch will fix it? but you should be careful about using this in an existing save file.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/?
>>
>>320102101
they're not though.
>>
>>320102101
right on. if they don't care about consistency in their games then neither should we.
>>
I'm done.
I quit.

I have started no fewer than 5 characters iver the past two days and all but one have experienced debilitating bugs within the first few hours of gameplay.
The only one that hasn't completely shat the bed is literally a stealth archer and is so god-damn boring to play.

I love the game - all 6 hours of it I've managed to play - but until I get a new PC or something so that I can fix this broken mess, I give up on it
>>
>>320102739
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/?

try installing this.
>>
>>320102739
>Not having the YUP patches
>>
>>320102892
>>320102894
>being this unable to read
The post outright states he doesn't have a computer that can run the game
>>
>>320102960
>Implying a shitbox PC is responsible for the hot mess that is Gamebryo
>>
File: 35370-1-1288471022[1].jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
35370-1-1288471022[1].jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
this mod is great and i really recommend it

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35370/?

it fixes a few issues with ammo rarity and makes weak guns better.
>>
>>320103571
I want a mod that makes the Varmint rifle use .223 standard, and makes 5.56 damage it more
>>
>>320103835
5.56 ammo is already stronger than .223. they're also in the same ammo list meaning that these are fixed values
>>
>>320104108
You don't seem to understand
.223 is effectively the sporting equivalent of 5.556, for civilian usage. The Varmint Rifle is pretty plainly not a milspec gun, so instead of it being damaged by .223 it would be interesting if it actually ignored the .223 debuffs but had those debuffs from 5.56 instead.
It would give the gun more character and make it more interesting in the early,game, instead of being immediately replaced by the Service Rifle.

There are probably a few other guns that *should* use the shittier ammo from each category if we're going off realism.
>>
>>320104652
i see. but there is no way to actually do this because the 5.56 is the default and the .223 is the special ammo for it.

the varmint rifle originally was going to use .22LR ammunition but that was changed. perhaps you would like to restore it to that? but that ammo is pretty garbage anyways.
>>
>>320104773
Restoring it to .22LR is just fucking dumb

I'm sure you could put a specific buff set on Varmint Rifles that reversed the .223/5.56 effects and then replace the vanilla Varmint Rifle with that, though it's a lot of work
>>
>>320104917
maybe with a script but i'm not an expert so don't ask me how to do that.

in order for the script to work you probably need some way for it to detect what ammo type you're using and then apply the damage buff to it and then take it off when you're using a different ammo type.

but it still wouldn't matter anyways because 5.56 ammo is primarily what you can find in the game so it is by default better than .223 at damage. the only way to get .223 is to buy it but i think you might loot it in some uncommon cases.
>>
>>320105134
Making the Varmint Rifle use .223 would help seperate it from other guns in the game and just add to the depth imo. It's not like it needs to be the strongest gun
>>
What I'm saying is

a gun determines what ammo it uses through a list

this list has all the ammo types of that specific type of ammo

in every ammo list there is a default type of ammo which can be widely found in the game. other special ammo can either be extremely rare to find or you must craft it.

if you want to make the .223 the default for your varmint rifle then you have to change the whole list and make that ammo the default. but the problem is how you can obtain it in the game.

you could also make your own ammo list specific for that gun but it probably won't change much because the damage and condition multipliers are already set and changing those will affect every gun that uses them.
>>
>>320101375

4u
>>
>>320105517
>I think a mod that does X would be neat because reasons
>No you can't mod X because Y and Z game mechanic would require overwriting and then you'd have to switch P and Q and-
Calm your shit anon
>>
>>320105662
i'm trying to help but i don't think it can work.

i mean it could work but not to the extent of how you want it to work.

you will still find plenty of 5.56 ammo and that is always better than .223. unless you're shooting a rapid fire gun isn't affected as much with the damage penalty.
>>
Do you guys think Obsidian will actually get to make another Fallout?
>>
>>320106552
I really hope so, one of equal or higher quality than New Vegas.
However, I doubt it for many reasons, up to and including Todd and casuals.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.