[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buyer's remorse thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: cover_large.jpg (76 KB, 600x492) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
76 KB, 600x492
Made any recent purchases that you regret? Pic related for me. Rubberband AI, track hazards, and awful physics do not a good racing game make.
>>
File: 1435977142992.png (214 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1435977142992.png
214 KB, 540x360
>it's the games fault I can't git gud
>>
How are the tracks in this shit anyway?
>>
Bloodborne. I only get a half hour of playtime a day so 1 death ends my progress lmao
>>
>>320093142
>I'm bad at this game, so it sucks

Nah, it's pretty fuckin great. The best, if only, superfast racer we've had in years.
>>
Is this game better than Wipeout?
>>
>>320095496
>>320096186
>making excuses for rubberbanding AI

I mean, I know you guys are used to mario kart's bullshit, but even the biggest GranTurismo2 would admit rubberbanding NPCs are bullshit

I'm not even the OP
>>
>>320098147
Just don't fuck up and you'll be fine. Rubberbanding is only bad when the AI becomes too good to physically respond to. Anything else just provides further motivation to play perfectly.
>>
I agree with OP's choice but for slightly different reasons.
>Really obnoxious rubberband AI
>No selecting individual tracks in local multiplayer.
>No leaderboards for Time Trials or even Hero Mode.
>Online is literally fucking broken and will crash your console (when was the last time you heard of a game that would crash a dedicated gaming console from normal play, i.e. no sequence breaking shit involved).
>Bad position detection (it will count you ahead of another player even when your nose is just level with their rear).
>Myriad of bugs like Championship results not displaying, dropping you into already going online races as a participant instead of a spectator, "You got KEY NUMBER NOT FOUND Place!", glitching through floors on occasion.
I love the track design (I don't mind track hazards), the vehicle handling, the visual and audio presentation and how the way they've implemented the boosting mechanics adds a little bit extra to the required track memorization for high level play but all this broken shit surrounding it gives me a serious case of buyers remorse.
I'd get a refund if I could but instead I just have to hope the devs get off their asses and patch this shit.
>>
>>320093142
>Rubberband AI, track hazards, and awful physics do not a good racing game make.
Works fine for Mario Kart amirite
>>
$30 KF2 on release
$30 on underwear in Vindictus
>>
>>320098543
Even when you play perfectly they can still overtake you.
I've been boosting on the back to back boost pads at the start of Sunahara Plains in the fastest car and I've had the AI overtaking me.
The AI rubberbanding in this game is terrible.
>>
As someone who has 100%'d Championship and 69% through time trial I think most complaints are fair enough, that being said as a single player experience I have fucking loved this game so far...as daft as it sounds I dont see it as a racing game like WipEout but more of a puzzle-racer.

For £11 im happy with the 19 hours I have played so far.
>>
F-ZERO WHEN
>>
>>320100519
How are you finding Hero Mode?
I love it and I'm pissed you can't do it in Local Multiplayer.
>tfw getting Hero in Chuoku City and Alpine Trust on the first try.
I do it find it a bit easier than regular Hypersonic outside of the crash and you die aspect.
You get a full bar of boost right off the bat and your boost meter gets recharged on the pads as well so you boost a lot more aggressively.
As long you slam on the boost at the start of the race to pull ahead of the others and nab the first round of boost orbs, you've got a massive lead for the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1427610367374.gif (920 KB, 446x374) Image search: [Google]
1427610367374.gif
920 KB, 446x374
>>320100519
>finally just beat sunahara subsonic time trial
>now stuck on kamagori subsonic time trial
my baby spaarc and i will get through these trials sooner or later, i'm just doing the subsonic trials before moving to the next speed tier so i don't become a bumbling retard after being too used to going FAST
is there any little tech i might be missing to make me go fast/turn easier?
>>
>>320102124
>Spaarc
I prefer Ziro.
>>
>Not even a basic options menu to change the volume of the BGM and Sound Effects.
>>
>>320102569
i like ziro too but i feel it's just a tad too slow, spaarc gives a good balance of speed and handling so i'm not always crashing or falling behind

just tried kamagori time trial again, missed it by around .300, so close!
>>
Based on the online leaderboards for the Cups, we can see that at least 20,000 people have completed the first cup and therefore have bought the game.
Of those 20,000, only around 250 have completed the final cup.
I had a bit of a giggle, even if a lot of people may have dropped for the same reasons as OP.
>>
>>320102682
that made me pretty sad, with headphones the sound is often quiet than what i normally prefer, especially for a game like this. gotta immerse myself in the FAST

>>320102956
is there a tally of how many people have gotten gold trophies in each of the cups in subsonic?
do you get anything for getting gold in everything besides bragging rights?
>>
>>320103070
>do you get anything for getting gold in everything besides bragging rights?
100% completion.
So no, not really.
It's just a vague goal with no rewards to work towards. Still fun though.
>>
>>320103305
well either way i'm still getting gold on everything because that's what i did in wipeout and f-zero games, be silly to break the tradition
also holy shit some of these time trials are hard
>>
>>320103395
Pro-tip: Chuoko City is easy peasy thanks to the sequence break before the floating platforms.
It shaves at least 20 seconds off a normal run in Hypersonic.
>>
>>320103487
>sequence break
i'm gonna need some more details on this
currently (still) stuck on the kamagori subsonic trial, slowly whittling down the time difference every few attempts or so.
should i just wait til i unlock more cars or are they all doable with spaarc?
>>
>>320103585
You haven't unlocked the other cars yet? Have you finished Championship mode?
And some guy posted about the Sequence Break on Miiverse and describes it better than I can. I went to find the actual post but came across this instead.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHksjl4Nww
This game looks like it could get to Metroid Prime: Hunters level of broken online if they don't patch it.
>>
>>320093142
I don't like the stage hazards either. They make the game more about memorization than actual skill. There's also no way to defend yourself from the AI ramming you up the ass and causing you to spin out. Shit's annoying. I never played F-Zero or Wipeout so I don't know if they pull the same shit.
>>
Someone who has a Twitter account should ask the devs if they're working on a patch to fix the constant freezes and game crashes when playing online.
>>
>>320104128
i finished all the cups on subsonic and started doing all the subsonic trials
it's just so i'm not too used to higher speeds when i go back which would fuck up my racing lines
thanks for the link btw, probably won't abuse those too much though. i'd rather feel like i'd earned the times when beating the developer ghosts
any word on the online fixes yet?
>>
>>320104138
I play an unhealthy amount of Wipeout. While memorizing the track layouts do help, it's more about skill. AI rarely ram you from behind and on the off chance they do, you don't go spinning.
>>
>>320100960
It is easier in a few ways I totally agree, if you don't get fucked from the bullshit obstacles on some of the tracks you are usually standing a fighting chance. Ive only done it on Scorpio and Alpine Trust at the moment since in working my way down the modes but looking forward to tackling it.

Dont give a fuck what most say, this is a good game for what it is. Not as good as WipEout but I didnt expect it to be.
>>
>>320093142
How can you get buyers' remorse for paying 15$?

How poor are you?
>>
>>320102124
Although there isnt an actual side-shift mechanic, triple tapping whatever lean direction you are headed in saves time instead of actually turning the ship. Also, for this track especially, use the boost orbs as soon as you get them. Ive got in the habit of just holding down the boost trigger for every orb on every track. It usually makes things a lot easier than just using them on straights which usually have boost pads anyhow.
>>
File: [SCREAMS SLOWLY].png (3 KB, 558x131) Image search: [Google]
[SCREAMS SLOWLY].png
3 KB, 558x131
>>320104138
>any track with jumps
>AI always lands right on top of you, spinning you out
>>
>>320105065
>pay 5c for a straw
>has a hole in the side so it's a pain in the ass to suck liquid up it
It's not the amount of money (although that can be a factor) but more that you bought a product that did not live up to your expectations
>>
What's the best car?

I though Fulcon would be OP as fuck when I got it, but it's so heavy and clumsy I'm having hard time controlling it accurately.

I'm mostly using Ziro and Sparc, IIRC. They're the really light vehicles.
>>
File: Jimmy_h-h-here[1].png (94 KB, 298x329) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_h-h-here[1].png
94 KB, 298x329
>>320105370
By your analogy, I would just trash the bad straw and buy another one. I mean, come on. It's literally just 5 cents.
>>
>>320104450
Honestly, it's a lot better to continue on with the cups normally and then go back to the Time Trials. You'll get faster/better cars and will develop a much better understanding of the track layout by being able to beat it at higher difficulties.
>>
>>320105763
fair point, guess i'll give that a go then
also i tried playing online, instead of crashes i keep hearing about i just keep getting errors when trying to connect to people, that just a side effect of the crash issue?
>>
>>320105085
I'm usually holding down the boost button at all times except for Hero Mode, Sunahara Desert and that one section of Dendei Outpost where you get the boost orbs in the alternate route.
>>
>>320105853
I've gotten some errors as well but exactly what brand of buggy mess your experience is seems to be random.
>>
>>320104138
Knowing the track is one thing and knowing the racing line is another. Each anti-gravity racing game has its own take on cornering that you need to master.

F-Zero X pilots sometimes attempt to disrupt you with the rare spin and side attack, but the GX AI is probably even more savage about it because a single attack can knock off a lot of energy. In some Wipeout games there's no apparent rubberbanding, if you're stuck behind the AI they sure as hell won't give a shit about you and that's on top of others utilizing randomized weapons and buffs from pads to get the jump on you. The A+ challenge races on 2048 will give you a dicking.

Fast Racing Neo is the first game I've seen where boosting into someone's rear disrupts them. Probably not the best implementation of a disrupting attack in such a game since it just happens outta nowhere.
>>
every single game /v/ has ever recommended
>>
>>320106631
>Fast Racing Neo is the first game I've seen where boosting into someone's rear disrupts them
I wish that was the case.
I'm sick of boosting into someone from behind and pushing them ahead while I get shunted backwards from smacking into them.
>>
>>320106949
Did you try leaning in a different direction and use a little boost to ensure you overtake them?
>>
>>320107049
Oh, I know that works.
I just get annoyed when I misjudge and smack them directly from behind.
It's especially annoying at the start of races when you boost but the person in front doesn't so you just push them faster.
I've got to get used to always tilting as soon as the race starts.
>>
>>320107216
>It's especially annoying at the start of races when you boost but the person in front doesn't so you just push them faster.

The first race in the Titanium cup is notoriously bad for this. There's fuck all room at the start and it's that one fucking track that should be really be the second or third in the cup, when you fuck up and try again it's a chore playing through it over and over
>>
>>320107368
Titanium is my least favourite track in Hypersonic.
>Storm Coast has those obnoxious lightning flashes that completely white the screen on top of the usual post-processing effects when boosting so visibility gets fucked periodically.
>Keshu Jungle has really tiny roads for most of it which can fuck you over with the other cars sending you bouncing around like pinball if you're not ahead of the crowd from the get-go.
>Sunahara Desert needs no explanation.
Avalanche Valley is pretty great though.
I like all of these individual levels, even in Hypersonic. It's just doing them one after the after in quick succession is not an experience I enjoy.
>>
>>320107679
>track
I meant Cup.
Whoops.
>>
If anyone wants a futuristic racer that wont crash your system, Nitronic Rush and Distance have been scratching my WipEout itch for a while (Both games by same dev, one is free the other is 20 bucks.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNuSvuzPL10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmZ2LnX1_nY
Distance is technically early access but it's feature-complete and has very regular updates. Also coming to PS4 "when it's done"
>>
>>320105412
IMO, Depends on the speed you're playing on. I use:

Willard for Subsonic
Mueller for Supersonic
Rochdale for Hypersonic

The higher the speed, the lower weight/better handling the vehicle. Really helps.
>>
>>320103487
>>320104128
I've actually had the most fun in this game experimenting and replicating the shortcuts/lap skips that have been found. I've actually discovered a trick and helped create a (slightly) consistent set up for a trick my friend found.

I don't have a capture card, so sorry for the quality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bURCoDEcnCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN95srr2RZ0

And, here's a google doc with all the known tricks for this game. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gd56Y6QEH8cfkx0cjWR2WsQnGNgPeJWQEaj9BomHZDg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
So wait
Is the game good or is OP a shitter? I need another game to go fast in and Hydro Thunder on 360 is wearing thin. I'll accept a 6/10 at this point.
>>
>>320093142
Is it a replacement for GX or do we have to pray Nintendo does it themselves?
>>
>>320109276
It's a great game.
>>
>>320095935

Only 16 of them and they look like Bayonetta 1 / Metal Gear Rising levels (meaning they look bland as fuck, with too much gray and other pasteurized colors)
>>
>>320109526
>with too much gray and other pasteurized colors)

that's not even true. there is plenty of color in the game.
>>
File: fast-4-960x540.jpg (116 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
fast-4-960x540.jpg
116 KB, 960x540
>>320109592

The most colorful stage looks like pic related. I wouldn't call that "plenty of color".
>>
I bought Farcry 3 and Fallout 3 on xbox 360 (casual normie here)

The framerate in Farcry is so shitty that I stopped playing after 3 hours total. I can imagine this is a great game on a PC with maxxed 60fps graphics, but thought it was a shitty port on xbox. It's shame because I like games set on tropical islands

Fallout 3 I had played it years ago when it came out and absolutely loved it. I tried to make a melee characted, but quickly realized it sucked whenever some on higher grounds is shooting at you. Then I created a small guns expert, but got bored because that's the type of character I made when I initially played the game. Also, I was reminded how everything is gray and depressing so I stopped playing.

I'm sortof thinking about buying a ps4 or xbone... though maybe I'll wait and see what the NX is about
>>
>>320109276
It's got great racing but it's filled with questionable decisions and bugs out the asshole. Especially when online.
I wouldn't buy it until it gets patched.
>>
>>320109264
>Nearly half the tracks in this game some sort of broken exploit.
Jesus fucking christ. If I wanted a bugged experience that would crash all the time, I'd just play Just Cause 3.
>>
>>320093142
>640x720p
>No AA
>Dips below 60FPs in single player
>Online constantly crashes
>Framerate dies in splitscreen
>Pixelation
>Vertical Interlace
>Flickering on par with a PS2 game

Yes, I have buyers remorse with FAST. It can't even look/run as good as WipeOutHD from 2008.
>>
>>320107679
>>Sunahara Desert needs no explanation.

I don't think i've ever hated a track more in all of videogames.
>>
>>320111571
I actually really like that level. I'm just bad at it.
>>
>>320111448
>All but one of those points are complaining about the graphics.
That's disappointing to see. There's a lot more problems with the game than just graphics, you shouldn't forget about them.
>>
>>320110249
I had the same experience with FC3 on PS3, frame rate was absolute trash. Eventually ended up beating it on PC at 1080p 60fps, incomparably better experience. You could put together a pretty cheap machine to get that performance, the requirements aren't high.
>>
>>320093142
SW:Battlefront on PC. It's a great game on consoles, but the matchmaking is disastrous on PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=709mYhS10FE

Good luck finding a single populated game. Another triumph from DICE
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.