[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toxic games you refuse to touch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: WOW1.jpg (12 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
WOW1.jpg
12 KB, 298x169
Toxic games you refuse to touch?
>>
undertale
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>320091660

2015 and you can't swim in a video game.
>>
>>320091660
i could never really get into MMO's, ive tried a few and stuck with GW2 for a while but just recently began a WoW account and its ok...im trying it because shits like 15 bucks now.
>>
File: header.jpg (157 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
157 KB, 460x215
Game has 1 player online.
Made by a whack job.
less Polys then a nintendo 64 game.
shit game overall.
>>
>>320091660
MGS
MMOs
fightan
MOBAshits
any meme game shilled to absurd proportions, like fallout or dank souls or blundertale
>>
That mario level editor.
>>
>>320091929
Spooky. I hate all those things too.

I hate JPRGs.

Maybe our tastes differ?
>>
>>320091660
>games you havent played and know nothing about but refer to as toxic

fixed
>>
MMOs
MOBAs
Fighting games (mostly because I just end up smashing buttons)
Sports games
>>
>toxic
Pseudo-intellectual jargon thread?
>>
DOTA, LoL
>>
>>320094073
>toxic
poisonous
>poisonous
extremely unpleasant or malicious.
>Hey guys, what game do you avoid because they're unpleasant or malicious?
OMFG UR SUCH A HUIPSTER FAG USING THAT LANGUAGE
go back to tumblr or some other language fearing faggot hole you retarded fuck
>>
>>320091660

Why the hell do rogues keep pulling in WoW?

Do they not understand that if a tank is standing around doing nothing it's probably because he's balls deep in a menu checking his gear or something. Stop bringing random mobs to the tank, he's perfectly capable of pulling mobs by himself. If you think he's going to slow, just tell him, votekick him or leave the group yourself.
>>
>toxic

Fuck off with that word
>>
>>320098506
>4chan
>Where words can hurt
>>
Undertale
Star Citizen
Borderlands
Broken Age
MOBAs
Valve Games
Ass Creed
Bioware Games
>>
>>320091660
Literally any MOBA.
Most MMOs have pockets of fun people to play with but most are tryhards.
Competitive FPS can also be really bad.
>>
>>320095918
>ignoring colloquial definitions to hide your slip up
>>
itt: we realize that /v/ can't deal with other people in their games
>>
>>320099635
Most of us have realized that for years. You know that rare player you group up with who straight off the bat is both so awkward yet self-important and passive aggressive that after he finally leaves the group for any number of esoteric reasons unknowable to mere mortals (and probably after attempting to get everyone else kicked at least several times) all you can do is sit there in stunned silence and think "/v/."
>>
File: 1449941578377.jpg (160 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449941578377.jpg
160 KB, 640x640
>>320098294
>TFW got kicked from a timewalker this week because rogue kept pulling side groups into us and bitched that rebirth wasn't in my spellbook when he died even though if I left bearmode I would have died instantly and needed a dream or cenaris proc so I could instacast in bearmode
wew lad
>>
>>320091660
I enjoy WoW and have since 2007, but it takes a lot of effort to look past the average fuckwit that plays the game. The group finder tool could be an enjoyable way to experience endgame content, but the people who inhabit group finder groups are generally horrible people.
>>
>>320098614
nice greentexts , slit your wrists reddit nigger
>>
>>320091660

I avoid most co-op games. They're insufferable unless you have friends who won't flake, and that's 1 in a 100.
>>
>>320091660
The only thing toxic about WoW is the large amount of bad players that drag everything out far longer than it should be. They are paying customers too, they just need more skill.
>>
TF2 and Minecraft.
Both for similar reasons.
>>
Minecraft
Shooters
MOBAs
Moeshit themed anything
>>
>>320102275
There are a lot of toxic things in WoW, bad players are not 'toxic'. Toxic is when another player calls you slurs for asking a question in trade chat .
>>
>>320102515
It's kind of both. Mystic raiding is virtually dead because endgame raids are tuned for twenty great players, while finding/gathering that many people requires guild poaching.

>complaining about proving ground silver for heroic entry
That also depends. After the massive nerfs to Destruction warlocks, getting the silver achievement is a complete pain. Burning down all of those distanced enemies requires major respeccing to pull decent AOE.
>>
>>320102790
As a tank, it becomes very easy to lose patience with an entire group of very low DPS. I never speak up, but you can tell they do not know what they are doing.

It can feel as bad as a bunch of hotshots from a large raiding server that received the best gear due to being carried.
>>
>>320091660
`ur mum lamao
>>
>>320103452
That is more a problem with how MMO's are marketed imo. Most other games you can figure out as you go, only MMO's don't work that way, they require looking up rotations and builds and stat priorities to just be average.

A new player buys the game thinking its fun then quickly gets turned on for being 'crap' WoW's proving ground for example is a good step but it should also have stat priority info, rotation suggestions, etc. because without knowing about places like icy-veins or wherever you go, how is a new player supposed to get better by being called crap every time they enter a dungeon?
>>
>>320103063
"Tier difficulties" for raiding is the laziest jew bullshit ever contrived. Recycle the same raid 4 times with 4 difficulties. LFR, normal, heroic, and mythic. The ONLY difference is higher hp and dmg to compensate for item level increases and a few new mechanics in mythic. Ulduar did hard modes right, ways of doing the boss fight differently to make it harder. Kill a mob in a different order, activate a hard mode with a button, kill a boss a certain way etc.

Tier difficulty is the worst thing to ever happen to raids. That and 1 raid per year and shit designers.
>>
>>320091660
>toxic
back to league of legends with you
you need to read today's anti-toxicity report by Ph.D Lyte
>>
>>320104645
Integrate damage meters into the game and let players look at logs to see what classes are doing what kind of damage each encounter. Let them look at the rotations of the players who did the damage.

Basically integrate legible server wide damage meters into the game to eliminate the need for 3rd party sites.
>>
>>320091660
Cock Of Doody (same shit every year)
Twattlefield (above, but with 13-year-olds in tanks)
SANIC FREEH RAIDUHRS (OH GOD PLEASE NO!)
Anything for the Kinect in general (controls are shit)
Most movie-licensed games (they ALWAYS suck)
Ride To Hell: Retribution (*retch*)
The new Star Wars: Battlefront (graphics are amazing, actual game is shit)
>>
>>320091660
Games made by Vivendi, EA, or jews.
>>
>>320106487
>THE most underaged post on /v/
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.