[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Empires II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1449885840372.jpg (253 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1449885840372.jpg
253 KB, 768x768
Just got this game last night.

How do I git gud? I'm playing on Moderate, and by the time I'm almost ready to research the Castle Age, I get bumrushed by the CPU's Castle Age units - and they're upgraded from the Blacksmith too.

wat do
>>
>>320091314

yes? what is it, anon?
>>
Learn build orders and prioritize resource gathering based on what you need.
Remember, Feudal Age shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to advance through unless you're archer rushing or something. It's literally a stopgap to get a blacksmith and market up.
>>
>>320091706
Shouldn't I prioritize researching the thing at the TC that makes your villagers work/move faster, as well as the Lumber Camp, Mill, and Mining Camp upgrades before going to Castle Age?
>>
I suck at this game as well.

It seems like I'm always getting harassed by a few units somewhere and the force I send is always inadequate or too slow.

I read somewhere that you should fall back on units like skirmishers (anti-archer), pikemen (anti-cavalry) and scouts (fast horse) because those three units cost food and wood but don't cost any gold.

I still don't know how to get lots of gold early on, should I use market?
>>
>>320092074
>should I use market
yes
>>
>>320091706
>encouraging newbies to fast castle

baka desu senpai

They're gonna get rushed like crazy online
>>
Kevin?
>>
>>320092304
Building archers in feudal age and taking longer to castle be better if I am unable to fast castle at a good time?
>>
>>320091926
you can click castle after creating two villagers and building market and smithy if you don't waste your ressources
you can research the upgrade while you're teching up
the handcart upgrades you can do when you have another tc or are pop blocked and can't do anything else
it might be worth it if you've got a shit ton of farms
>>
>>320092670
Around how many villagers should I have before I advance to Feudal? So before moving on to Castle, just add two more villes right?
>>
>>320092074
assuming you're playing against AI
get loads of villagers before even attempting to age up
exhaust all hunting, fishing and berries before trying to farm
make a small military force for defense
age up and trade with a market if you have any allies
clear-cut those fucking forests, make the best economy you can while balancing for defense
AI will waste time and resources with small raiding parties
build up the mother of all armies and roll over every motherfucker on the map with it

once you git gud on lower difficulties, crank it up, or get one of the many modded ais that are much harder or use much different tactics than vanilla
>>
>>320092736
I usually have 18-24 villagers when I advance to Feudal, then again I'm a shitter.
>>
>>320092736
25 something
16 min castle is pretty much what you're aiming to get
>So before moving on to Castle, just add two more villes right?
yea
otherwise your tc is just idle while you're building the market and smithy
>>
>>320092506
You want some defenses. What they are depend on what the enemy is doing, so scout.

Remember the rock paper scissors

Archers > Infantry/Cav(When massed)
Skirmishers > Archers
Cav > Skirmishers
Spears > Cav

Archer rush is the most common and powerful rush, so a few skirmishers isn't a bad idea generally.

This is referring to vs players, never played the AI much

Rushing for castle is ideal if you're pocket in a team game or know you can't get rushed (islands)

Most players will Flush you if possible, it's too strong not to.

>>320092736
25 for fast feudal. Make sure to get loom before advancing.
>>
I've played a lot of AoE2 but unbelievably casually because I just liked making armies kill each other.
What units are actually worth using in multiplayer? Everything seems like trash compared to knights and onwards and spearmen to kill said horsefuckers.
>>
>>320093303
>never played the AI much
they will just mass pikemen,catapults and rams. if there is water they will mass galleys. and will normally sit idle for fucking ages
>>
File: 1444711988343.jpg (16 KB, 185x243) Image search: [Google]
1444711988343.jpg
16 KB, 185x243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7O_qw2UrSU
>>
File: image.jpg (388 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388 KB, 1536x2048
>>320091174
>>
>>320094676
.... very fucking clever
>>
I remember playing this as a kid and getting fucked by united armies of my enemies every time I got to Castle Age
guess nothing has changed
>>
>>320094676
t. Alberto Barbosa
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.