[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OCARINA OF TIME IS SHIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: oot.jpg (11 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
oot.jpg
11 KB, 263x192
I did not enjoy the story line in this game, not one bit. The story line is confusing and terrible. And yes, I am not stupid (thanks to all those people who called me ''SquareSoft lover only''), because I’m not really a huge fan of SquareSoft to the point where I only like SquareSoft story lines. After all, I really enjoyed the story lines in Star Ocean 2 and Breath of Fire 3. But this story line isn't good at all. Somehow, people think its cool that Link travels back in time! Want a real time travel game?? Play Chrono Trigger on Super NES instead (yes i know its a SquareSoft game but its still a GREAT game)

Okay, so the graphics are good, sure. But what do you expect? This is the Nintendo 64's most important game. It better have good graphics! The enemies are inticately designed and the sprawling dungeons are huge and full of graphical detail. Sadly enough, I think Nintendo spent a little bit too much time worrying about the graphics in the game and not enough time working on the other stuff of the game, and it really shows.

First off, let me tell you about the dungeon designs in the game, since I just have to bring this up. The designs are awesome, as they feature incredible backgrounds and sprawling, well designed enemies and characters. I really liked the boss designs in the game, as well, and I especially enjoyed the fact that the bosses were not only so large and massive, but also the fact that they were also so well detailed. This is definitely a good thing, in my opinion, and I think Nintendo did a wonderful job with the dungeon designs.
>>
>>320088830
The rest of the graphics are great, as well, as the backgrounds in the game are especially well varied. Expect a lot of RPG fare when it comes to backgrounds, for instance towns, etc. are featured in the game, as are things like forests, etc. Think of it as Link to the Past in 3D. The sad thing is, I actually prefer the graphics in Link to the Past, not because I am biased against 3D, just because that is my own personal preference. I do not know why it is, it just is.

Music in the game is a mixed bag, to say the least. I did like a majority of the music in the game, but I did have some problems with it, as well. First off, let me talk about the things I liked about the music in the game. I am not going to sit here and lie to you and say the music in the game is terrible, because guess what? The music in the game is not terrible. In fact, it is pretty good. I liked most of the tunes in the game, and felt Nintendo did a great job with them.

So, the music that IS featured in the game is good, so what do I have a problem with? The music that IS NOT featured in the game! Can you believe Nintendo had the nerve to not include the classic Zelda theme from the previous Zelda games? You know the theme I am referring to here. Now, I am not going to try to sound like a huge geek here, but I actually liked that theme featured in the original Zelda games, so I was rather disappointed when I did not hear it at all, throughout the game.

Sound effects in the game are rather interesting. The main sounds you will hear are pretty interesting. The two main ones you will hear are Link's voice acting and actions, and the fairy's voice. The fairy's voice is VERY funny, and I like how she says ''wake up!'' whenever you stop for a little bit. She sounds awesome and I crack up every time I hear her, because she really does sound like a little girl, which is what most people think fairies are to begin with. The sound effects are pretty good, although they are nothing special.
>>
I ain't readin all this shit homie
>>
water temple sucks to be honest
>>
>>320088830
>>320088919

I am not the world's biggest fan of the analog stick. I wish this game used the directional pad, as well. Then it would be easier to control. Trying to climb over anything is a chore, and the lack of a jump button really hurts. Sure you can jump automatically when you HAVE to, but what if you want to jump over an enemy? Nope. Sorry! I was rather frustrated by this control element, because it did not provide you with full freedom.

TL;DR: Ocarina of Time is a terrible game and you should smack yourself if you actually like this sorry piece of garbage EXCUSE for a game.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D
>>
>>320089010
it's literally the only good part of the game
>>
>>320088830
I bet you dislike John Wayne films too.
>>
>>320088830
So far the only complaints that are somewhat major is lack of variety and cool moves that link can do and music is a mixed bag. Also I don't understand how you found the storyline confusing. It's pretty straight-forward and even cliche at times.
>>
>>320089156
xD
>>
>>320088830
>The story line is confusing and terrible.
You're a boy destined to defeat an evil thief who wants to use a wish granting item to take over the kingdom, but since you're still a child the Gods put you into a sleep until you're old enough to stand a chance against his power.

How is any of that confusing?
>>
File: beartiger is displeased.jpg (41 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
beartiger is displeased.jpg
41 KB, 500x399
>>320088830
>I did not enjoy the story line in this game, not one bit. The story line is confusing and terrible. And yes, I am not stupid (thanks to all those people who called me ''SquareSoft lover only''), because I’m not really a huge fan of SquareSoft to the point where I only like SquareSoft story lines. After all, I really enjoyed the story lines in Star Ocean 2 and Breath of Fire 3. But this story line isn't good at all. Somehow, people think its cool that Link travels back in time! Want a real time travel game?? Play Chrono Trigger on Super NES instead (yes i know its a SquareSoft game but its still a GREAT game)
>Okay, so the graphics are good, sure. But what do you expect? This is the Nintendo 64's most important game. It better have good graphics! The enemies are inticately designed and the sprawling dungeons are huge and full of graphical detail. Sadly enough, I think Nintendo spent a little bit too much time worrying about the graphics in the game and not enough time working on the other stuff of the game, and it really shows.
>First off, let me tell you about the dungeon designs in the game, since I just have to bring this up. The designs are awesome, as they feature incredible backgrounds and sprawling, well designed enemies and characters. I really liked the boss designs in the game, as well, and I especially enjoyed the fact that the bosses were not only so large and massive, but also the fact that they were also so well detailed. This is definitely a good thing, in my opinion, and I think Nintendo did a wonderful job with the dungeon designs.

So in other words you're basically a faggot?
>>
>>320088830
Egoraptor PLEASE go back to bed
>>
>>320088830
Eh, I guess this is an Ok parody of OoT basher contrarians, but it doesn’t go far enough. We need full on Maelstrom level fanboyism here.
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (63 KB, 487x469) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
63 KB, 487x469
>>320088830
>>320088919
tldr
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.