[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Xenoblade Chronicles X has a 13 year old in a bikini >Gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: saga.png (866 KB, 1108x838) Image search: [Google]
saga.png
866 KB, 1108x838
>Xenoblade Chronicles X has a 13 year old in a bikini
>Gets censored and replaced with pants

>Xenosaga has this
Nobody does anything.

What went wrong?
>>
>>320081638
not only that but mon peche got super duper raped.
>>
>>320081718
Albedo is awesome
>>
Literally SJWs
>>
Not localized by Ni*tendo
>>
>>320081638
>Censorship
>Episode I dealt with the censorship of several cutscenes in the North American release of the game, a majority of which take place during a confrontation between the game's main villain and another character. This was done presumably to avoid any possibilities of the title receiving an ESRB M rating. A scene involving an arm being snapped was softened for the North American version. In another scene of noticeable censorship, a character draws out a knife, which he uses to cut off his arm and head. For Western release he simply rips off his limbs without the use of a knife. A scene where a character draws out information by "reaching inside" another character was also altered; instead, he simply puts his hand over her face in the North American version.

It did get censored. but in a way thats actually meaningful.
>>
>>320081638
>xenosaga had a leg being broken censored
yea try again.
>>
>>320081638
This inst sexualised.
Being naked != sexy. Not playing Xenosaga, this looks like the same thing from Outlaw Star. There's a naked chick, but I'm not getting a boner, her body just powers the damn ship or something retarded

I liked that anime
>>
>>320082475
Like every five seconds you get an upskirt of momo
>>
>>320081638

wait, so was the 13 year olds outfit the only one that got censored?
>>
>>320083124
They apparently censored adults being in underwear, too.
>>
>>320084331
Just that weird japanese thong.
>>
ps2 grafics
>>
Don't forget that Xenosaga 3 also had the blood censored out. Which made a scene where a character tries to desperately 'put the blood back in' someone make it seem like she's doing it with thin air.
>>
Retarded SJW women didn't care abotu video games at ALL back in 2001.

Come to think of it, what were women caring about back then?
>>
>>320086041
Paris Hilton or something?
>>
SJWs. Best part is they don't even play video games.
>>
>>320084331
>They apparently censored adults being in underwear, too.
Only the jap diaper for the adults.
>>
>>320086041
>what were women caring about back then?
Being sluts.
Also Gears had a fuck ton of shit censored including blood in scenes that required it.
>>
>>320086041
>Retarded SJW women didn't care abotu video games at ALL back in 2001.
Nintendo's been censoring sex, violence and religion as far back as the 80's.
Censorship is bad but what's with this narrative that this is a recent trend in Nintendo games caused by SJWs? Nintendo's actually been easing up a bit on their policies if anything since they would have never published something like Bayonetta or Fatal Frame a few generations ago.
>>
>>320089316
>Censorship is bad but what's with this narrative that this is a recent trend in Nintendo games caused by SJWs?
>SJWs = Bad for video games
>Nintendo censoring = neo-/v/ SJW bait
That's pretty much the crux of it from what I can gather.
>>
>>320089316
>Nintendo's actually been easing up a bit on their policies if anything since they would have never published something like Bayonetta or Fatal Frame a few generations ago.

This
>>
>>320081638
PlayStation fans aren't autistic and Sony doesn't censor games trying to be artistic.
/thread
>>
>>320089696
>PlayStation fans aren't autistic and Sony doesn't censor games trying to be artistic.
Xenosaga was censored in a more noticable and blatant way than XCX anon.
>>
>>320089316
>Nintendo went from shit to a little less shit
You see, I want ALL that shit removed, not just little by little, and they had more than 20 years time for that.
Yet they still fucking do it.
>>
>>320090169
>Yet they still fucking do it.
Heads up anon, everyone does it. Shouting down the necks of one company isn't going to stop all of it. And as far as things go this isn't the worst thing I've seen in the last two gens.

Anyway either you ignore it or acknowledge it all.
>>
>>320081638
Xenosaga was censored to hell you idiot. You literally watch what is meant to be a traumatic past of the main character turned into a confusing joke because they removed the blood.
>>
>>320084331
>>320085593
>>320088932

are there comparison screenshots of these changes?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9OYyPIYNk
1 pretty much removed everything remotely sexual too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o31G8cGzrFg
If I remember right Albedo had his gun removed. Along with some other stuff.

3?
Every last drop of blood was removed.
>>
Xenosaga 1:
In the status screen you could rotate the characters around. This was removed in the western version of the game so you couldn't loop up the characters' skirt.
A scene where a man breaks a little girl's arm is changed so he just throws her corpse on the ground
A scene where a man threatens a little girl with a knife then uses the knife to decapitate himself has the knife remove.
A scene where a little girl is scared is modified so she doesn't look scared, she keeps her mouth closed and her eyes don't shake.
A scene where a man puts his hand inside a little girl's torso is changed so he uses magic over her head.

Xenosaga 2:
A scene where a child shoots his head off with gun is changed so he shoots his head off with magic.

Xenosaga 3:
All instances of blood is removed.

There has literally never been a Xeno game that wasn't censored in some way when brought to the west.
>>
>>320093118
>There has literally never been a Xeno game that wasn't censored in some way when brought to the west.
Eh, I don't think Xenoblade was I mean there were a few name changes like Black Face to Metal Face for obvious reasons.
>>
>>320093831
>Xenoblade wasn't censored except for the small censorship it had
>>
>>320093831
Metal Face being a better name?
>>
>>320081638
Not localized by Nintendo of America.
>>
Any kind of censorship should never be done on anything in any way shape or form
Only fags would stand for it
Disgusting
>>
>>320094004
>implying localization is censorship

>>320094028
Kind of.
>>
>>320094197
I can feel the edge of your fedora jutting into my face through my monitor.
>>
>>320094235
>implying it matters if it's localization or censorship
The people complaining aren't complaining because it's censorship, they're complaining because it's changed. Playing a game of semantics is retarded.
>>
They censored Xenosaga a lot, but at the end of the day Momo still had a ton of panty shots. It was really awkward for Albedo to be explaining some death machine and then the camera would pan to Momo's white pantsu.
>>
>>320094330
Nothing edgy about my post you retard
Kill yourself
>>
>>320094512
>argument is about whether or not it was censored
>point out it's localization and not censorship
>well it doesn't matter!
That's just sad dude. Also no one complained about Metal Face.
>>
>>320094659
No, you're the sad one. You don't want it to call it censorship so you just call it a different name. I'm pointing out that this is just playing semantics and in the end it's the same thing.
>Also no one complained about Metal Face.
So? It's still changed even if people don't complain. People also don't complain about Albedo shooting himself with an energy ball instead of a gun, but it's still censorship (or "localization" if you want to play semantics)
>>
>>320095061
>You don't want it to call it censorship so you just call it a different name.
Localization and censorship are literally two different things you retard.
>>
>>320095061
Okay lets sort this matter out
>Censorship = removed matter that's problematic to the related region such as graphic sexual content in America
>Localization = Changes made to suit the related region along the lines of jokes and names that wouldn't usually make sense or sound otherwise bland in that particular region.

So, name changes = localization
Altered content deemed unacceptable = censorship
>>
>>320095061
>Translation is like a woman. If she's pretty, she's probably not very faithful. If she's faithful, she's most likely ugly
Minor name changes are the stupidest thing you can argue over. The cutscene changes mentioned for Xenosaga ARE censorship. But when you translate things over, name changes are expected.
Doll was changed to Skell in X because, to Japanese, ドール is a unique word. To english speakers, it sounds too much like the dolls girls play with. Changing it to Skell allows western players to feel the mechs have a unique name like japanese players have, thus it's more in localization.
>>
>>320081638
Because the world wasn't in a state of "muh feminism" at the time
>>
>>320093118

>A scene where a child shoots his head off with gun is changed so he shoots his head off with magic

This actually ended up looking more fucked up because he just explodes his head off with some X-Men shit.
>>
>>320095740
Instead it was
>muh violence
>>
>>320081718
What's the difference between raped, super raped, and super duper raped?

Is ... there anything above super duper raped? Like, an ultra raped, or a maximum raped?
>>
>>320095929
I assume Super Duper Rape is when they get raped so hard, their mind completely breaks.
>>
>>320095929
I'm pretty sure Maximum would be gangrape with muscular tentacle monsters with each tentacle dripping with semen except for one that excretes solely hot wax.
>>
File: 1360054854122.png (1 MB, 869x1005) Image search: [Google]
1360054854122.png
1 MB, 869x1005
>want to replay Xenosaga I
>remember all the endless random encounters
>>
>>320096642
Anon, enemies are visible on screen. You can avoid them. Xenosaga 1's battle system was fun anyway.
>>
>>320097435
>Xenosaga 1's battle system was fun anyway.
except it wasnt
>>
>>320095929

Super Rape God
>>
>>320081718

Remember though that the animation was censored in that scene where Albedo sticks his hand inside of Momo.

The body in the tube was pretty non-sexual and treated in a totally scientific context. The costumes were total jerk-off material from the start.
>>
>>320093118
>Xenosaga 2:
>A scene where a child shoots his head off with gun is changed so he shoots his head off with magic.

Are we talking about changed made to the Japanese one because I'm pretty sure America would approve of a gun.
>>
>>320082475
Momo is really sexy though.
>>
>>320099006
Yeah well they didn't.
>>
>>320082106

>abloo bloo bloo
>muh no disgusting blood and guts and torture and ultra violence!

Just go to a rekt thread or a guro board if you want that shit. It doesn't effect the gameplay because it isn't in-game right? So I guess it isn't censorship.
>>
>>320099006

America didn't approve of a visibly young child getting a gun and putting it to his own head and pulling the trigger. Parents were stifled enough when it happened to high schoolers in P3. It's well about the age difference. A 12 year old acting like their fav Albedo isn't going to be able to hurt himself pretending he's got Tesla sparks whirring out of his hands.

Although maybe they had a rule about self-mutilation with weapons in general, since adult Albedo got censored with that knife too.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.