[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so bad at this game... I died to witch of hemwick 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: paarl.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
paarl.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
I'm so bad at this game... I died to witch of hemwick 10 times and now i'm stuck at darkbeast paarl...

Is there a trainer where I can just be level 200?
>>
u can train on your dad's cock to level 200 kiddo

maybe one day you'll find out where christmas really means
>>
>>320079052
You could just summon
>>
File: 1394460418925.png (421 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
1394460418925.png
421 KB, 500x538
>>320079052
>died to witch of hemwick 10 times
>>
>>320079313
>completely cheese the game by summoning someone to do the boss for you
wow...... so that's the power....... of the ps4.......
>>
go somewhere else, you shouldnt be fighting Paarl yet
>>
>>320079417
dotposters should be banned
>>
>>320079052
if you died on witch of hemwick even once you just just stop playing. you'll never git gud
>>
>>320079052
Its a little shameful you died to the witch 10 times.

But chances are you are just underleveled for Paarl. Assuming you got there via the bagman method, just leave for now. You come back to that area later from a different way and by that point you should be able to slaughter Paarl. The only reason you should want to kill him now is for the Tonitrus early.
>>
>>320079390
HERE COMES THE CRIMSON CHIN
>>
>>320079975
you don't even need to kill paarl for the tonitrus
>>
>>320080702
Doesn't it not appear until you go back later? So if you want to get it before Rom, I think you gotta kill Paarl.
Though I could be wrong
>>
>>320079417
dont pay for ps+ tho
>>
>>320080852
wrong
its allways on the corpse at the back on yhargul
you can get it as soon as you kill BSB
>>
>>320080852
it's always there.
>>
>>320079975
what level should i be for bsb?
>>
>>320080925
There are 2 npc hunters for Paarl
>>
>>320081021
4, you fucking casual.
>>
>>320081021
First play? 15ish?
>>
Lock onto paarl's head then dodge so that you're directly under his body, then while you're under him just spam r1 at his head
>>
>>320081107
ecksdeeeeeeeee
kill yourself
>>
>>320081107
>why your game didnt win goty

because of your toxic fanbase of course!
>>
>>320081006
>>320080987
Huh, I guess Im blind. I scoured that place the first time I was there, thought I had found everything.
>>320081021
If you have been leveling up like normal, you should be about ready to tackle it by the time you reach it.
If you need backup, but don't wanna mess with other players, theres an AI guy you can summon right outside the bossroom who can tank pretty well.
>>
Paarl is a bit of a weird fight at first, because the safest place is directly under it. He is also entirely optional, what other bosses have you done so far?
>>
>>320081209
>>320081214
Serious question: why do you fags even play Souls games if you're going to bitch and whine whenever something even slightly challenging is there?
Summoning was a mistake.
>>
>>320081493
im whining about the retard who goes LMAO DON'T LEVEL YOU FUCKING CASUAL SCUM XDDD

literally fuck off
>>
>>320081493
I like the game, the toxic fanbase makes the game look amateurish though. the souls fanbase is exactly the kind of people that make me root for the sjws
>>
>>320081647
I just beat him on NG+. Get fire paper, antidotes and just dodge to the left or right of him, stay behind him as much as you can. Just poke and back off if it gets dicey.
>>
>>320079313
i dont' have psn+ and don't want to pay
>>
>>320082359
There's an NPC summon.
>>
>>320081080
oh cool, where? I'll gladly summon themto help me.
>>
>>320082223
Sure but a no leveling run isn't exactly something you recommend to someone just starting out.

I mean sure, you CAN play the game without getting hit once, but chances are you won't. Not your first time anyway
>>
>>320082445
Defector Antal: Summon sign glows a red hue.
His summon is located in Hypogean Gaol before Darkbeast Paarl after dropping down from the ledge on the right hand side.
His summon sign is located just before The One Reborn boss fight hidden by the overturned cart.
He wields the Church Pick with Flamesprayer while wearing the Yahar'gul Set.
Old Hunter Yamamura can be summoned for Darkbeast Paarl and the One Reborn. He wields the Chikage and the Piercing Rifle and wears the Yamamura Set.
>>
>>320083752
can i use them to run all the way back to beat up the scary forest i keep getting lost in?
>>
>delete character
>delete game data
>play without any patches
>dupe glitch
>profit
>>
>>320083969
No, forest has its own summons. Just look out for the red messenger signs.
>>
>>320084106
can you update afterwards?
>>
>>320079417
How is that worse than leveling up to 200?
>>
>>320079052
>died to witch of hemwick

how is this even possible
>>
>>320084309
I got cornered by two of the enemies they summon.
>>
>>320081493
>2015
>there are still people who play Souls game for the ''lel Im so hardcore look at me XD'' schtick
>>
>>320079052
get people to help you, the feature exists for a reason.
>>
>>320084309
I got shot by some stun attack then she ate me. then she started getting too many doubles that all stun me and she ate me, got killed by some shadow demons, and more.
>>
>>320079052
Wear Henryk's set from Eileen quest. It's good against electricity. I beat him on my first try while on the phone with that equipped.
>>
>>320084309
If you get hit by her stun, she can murder you pretty fast. Thats like the only truly dangerous thing she has going for her.

It seems like theres small RNG involving how aggressive she is with the stuns. Sometimes she never seems to use them while other times she will throw them out like candy
>>
Darkbeast Paarl is really prone to stagger, so try and exploit charged up heavy attacks to break his pacing, or interrupt with a gun counter. Decent timing on both of these will end the fight quickly.

That being said, Paarl pretty much personifies the shit boss fight design FROM are prone too under the guise of difficulty and challenge. Paarl, as a fight, is an opponent that takes up 2/3+ of the screen space and in close range (which you have to be to fight him) is so large he won't even fit. He flails around in range/area affect attacks. The fight itself is a completely incoherent mess of bad telegraphing and poor framing, where difficulty is derived not from fight complexity but just the awfulness of the framing, setup, and animations. If it were any character action game or whatever it'd be blasted for being utter shit, but you know how it goes; muh bloodborne, muh souls.

Good game though. FROM have a lot of boss fight talent, but if they're going to make borderline character action games with bolted on RPG systems like Bloodborne they need to start taking some tips from Platinum and co.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.