[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What genre is this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg (182 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg
182 KB, 250x353
What genre is this game?
>>
>>320077301
Shit
>>
Action game. If you're one of those people who likes to keep dividing genres up into even more arbitrary chunks, it's in the same genre that you'd put Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.

I think I remember the director or the studio or someone referring to it as a mass-hero action game.
>>
>>320077669

Having just beaten it, I can safely say it is of the "hype as fuck" genre.
>>
stylish action game
beat'em up
cuhrayzee

and so on
>>
TEAM! UNITE UP!
>>
How do I git gud at this game?

By the end of normal I thought I had it figured out but at operation 007 in hard I'm getting anally fucked every time, specially in the kha goo reghas
>>
>>320078258
There are so many elements in play at all times, any one of them could be the issue. What specifically is killing you? Are there any trends? If you're most of the way through hard mode and feel you had it figured out on normal, I have to assume you know to team attack and launch enemies, and know how useful unite bomb and the gun stinger are. Are there specific enemies that are killing you? Most of them have a few tricks you can pull on them. You know that holding one of the shoulder buttons speeds up your liner, and stacks with speed liner? You know that attack liner, drill spring, and spike ball can be a hinderance in a lot of situations, yeah? Unless you're deliberately using the attack liner exploit.
>>
I really was not expecting for this too be harder than Bayonetta/2 but I just keep getting the worst trophies possible every section. I still can't seem to get the controls down and I'm pretty far into the game now (flying the ship fighting that robot monster hybrid through the city).
>>
>>320078758
Well, dragons are always bad against me, even though everyone claims that they are really easy with just claw.

Also every fight against vorkken I die at least once.

I had a few pure platinums, but I get fucked hard after that, possibly not getting hit is my main problem
>>
>>320078258
>operation 007
Operation 07 is a test if you understand how recruiting works

You're thrown in with skeleton crew of 15 guys in the beginning, that is obviously not enough to do anything

Your main goal should be to beef up your forces.

In the first verse there are two big aliens who can spawn auxiliary small dudes. You keep stunning them (they glow purple) and stealing into your crowd before they explode (encircle them)

Keep doing that without killing big aliens so they keep re-spawning more and more dudes for you. I think after you get 40 dudes, big dudes stop teleporting in reinforcements.

Time limit on that verse is intentionally generous to allow for recruiting and still get pure platinum on everything
>>
pikmin
>>
PS4 release when?
>>
Which is better, W101 or Bayo2?
>>
>>320079285
Really? I powered through that until getting chugi and pals, and got silver at most (except against those electric snakes that thing is the easiest enemy in the game)
>>
I wonder how the game would have turned out had they went with their original idea and made it character action Smash Bros?
>>
File: 1378871708021.png (269 KB, 500x729) Image search: [Google]
1378871708021.png
269 KB, 500x729
>>320079687
Bayo 2.
>>
>>320079687
B2 is a better game for casuals who like DmC, MGR and GoW. They just want to beat and get it done.

It's perfectly fine and enjoyable for that. It still retains some of the depth of the original game and is a notch higher that these games but it falls apart at closer inspection.

W101 is one of the most mechanically sound games Platinum ever did. It's also the longest and and the only PG games with geniunely great story. It also tops Bayonetta's finale, which before that was the most outrageous finale in gaming.
>>
>>320080181
Wonderful 101's finale is on par with the final episodes of Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>320077409
First post best post once again.
>>
>>320079908
if you're "powering" through in this game, it's should be a signal you're missing something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37oTZEGRXE
>>
>>320080485
>I struggle with 1 dragon
>He fights 3 like it's a walk in the park

Fuck I need to get better at this game
>>
>>320077301
Wonderful
>>
>Protect Earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHKxnMv04k
>>
How to draw the heart and the hammer with the stick?
Those are the one that I need to use the pad
>>
>>320082123
I draw a hook for the bomb. Go straight, then make the line turn 90 degrees before going for the circle (you only need to make a hook though)
>>
>>320082123
> Hammer
Two motions with right stick:

1. Push stick in some direction, making a line. Line goes blue.

Release stick

2. Do circular motion with stick (direction doesn't matter). Line goes from blue to pink to yellow.

Press A (or X)

Hammer is basically line-release stick-fist

Bomb is the same only reversed: fist-release-line

> Heart
You don't really NEED it, but it IS by far the most OP weapon in the game

It's fist-release-fist
>>
>>320077301

Overrated Platinumshit is it's own genre.
>>
>>320077301
It's a character action game like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry.

Think of the entire W101 as a single character you play as, that happen to be a group. Almost every action you take is essentially the same as in any other character action game, like dodging, blocking, jumping, etc., only you can use your group to form multiple Unite Morphs at once.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.