[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Certain groups recently called for banning straight white men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: 1443386508391.png (182 KB, 777x486) Image search: [Google]
1443386508391.png
182 KB, 777x486
Certain groups recently called for banning straight white men from holding executive positions in game development companies. Hypothetically if this were to happen, what would change about video games?
>>
Me not purchasing them.
>>
I know the mods are just gonna take this down. They never let us have anything.
>>
File: 447814_v1.jpg (18 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
447814_v1.jpg
18 KB, 350x197
>>320075092
You know, it's funny

It's racist to have nonsensical hatred for straight white men (or any race for that matter), but because it's such an unusual thing to say, nobody thinks twice about it.

I'm pretty sure straight white men are actually in the minority now in the states, if I remember correctly. Shit's all topsy-turvy
>>
>>320075092
It would go from casualized shit to feminized shit

The golden age of gaming is long gone, and has been for some time
>>
My freedom.
>>
File: Trump Eagle.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Trump Eagle.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>
>>320075486
Texas is 45% hispanic, 15% black, 35% white and 5% various others
>>
>>320075486
Do you mean to say usual?
>>
>>320075725
Hispanic is not a race.
>>
>>320075092
the industry would split down the middle between socjus and normal vidya.

it would be chaotic for a while, maybe a long while.

but slowly almost all of the talent and the overwhelming majority of the programmers would migrate to the normal side, and we'd be right back where we are today.
>>
Almost nothing. Greed runs a lot deeper than any demographic, and, ultimately, leaders of entertainment mediums are usually just trying their best to make the most cash possible, both for the profit and to keep the behemoth that is their corporation alive. Social Justice just isn't a marketable concept, at least, compared to the next CoD.

SJWs need to stick to indies to survive. The small teams befit the fact that they don't exactly make a ton of cash on their shit games, and even have to rely on crowdfunding, Patreon, and dad's money to get by.
>>
>>320075092
>what would change about video games?
Nothing important. The good games are made by Japanese people.
>>
>>320075092

Businesses would go out of business, then the industry would crash and burn.

You can't just make someone the boss of something because of their race, gender or sexuality. Believe it or not, but the people in those positions earned that position and have the skill and experience necessary to run a business.
>>
>>320075092
Nice LE SJW R EVULL strawman, shitbird.
>>
File: 1426105479143.jpg (41 KB, 662x413) Image search: [Google]
1426105479143.jpg
41 KB, 662x413
>Shit all over white people
>Refuse to give them jobs
>Blatant racism
>WOW YOU'RE SO PRIVILEGED DON'T YOU REMEMBER SLAVERY??????
>>
Serious question here.

Why do gay/trans people only ever talk about the fact that they are gay/trans?

Like seriously, what's up with it? Every gay person I've seen talks about the fact that they're gay and nothing else. It's like their only defining trait is they're gay and they have nothing else. (Trans people are worse, not only is their only trait being trans, but they actively try to force this shit on everyone else)
>>
>>320079583
There's two types:
>I have a story to tell but it's important to the story that I am gay
Or
>PEOPLE AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO ME????
>>
>>320075609
the eagle knows
>>
>>320079754

Same thing. At the end of it all they're saying is "I'm gay/trans". They never have anything else to talk about.

Seriously, the fuck is up with that? I've never met a gay/trans person who wasn't like this.
>>
>>320079903
You mean every gay/trans person you've met has made you aware they were gay/trans? Could it be that there were a few that did not mention they were gay/trans and you never knew otherwise?
>>
>>320079903
It's just a thing that people talk about a lot
Like if you have crazy hair people will tell you that you have crazy hair and eventually you'll just start making jokes about it
>>
>>320080058

>Could it be that there were a few that did not mention they were gay/trans and you never knew otherwise?

No, because they're literally incapable of talking about anything else.
>>
>>320080157
>No, because they're literally incapable of talking about anything else.
Except the gay/trans that never mentioned it. Because how would you know otherwise, amirite?
>>
>>320080319

>Except the gay/trans that never mentioned it.

Does such a thing even exist?

Why no, no it doesn't. Even the most normal and well adjusted ones you'll ever meet can't help but mention it frequently.
>>
>>320080447
How would you know?
>>
>>320080447
Yeah except for the ones that didn't mention it.
>>
>>320080497
>>320080560

I've never met a straight person who had to constantly mention how straight they were. I've also never met a non-trans person who did this either.

How come I meet a large number of gay/trans people who feel the need to constantly mention how gay/trans they are, but have never seen a single straight/non-trans person act like this?
>>
>>320080948
Straight people never fucking shut up about how straight they are
They invented the phrase no homo just to have a quick way of telling people
>>
>>320080948
I've honestly never met a straight person who didn't bring it up within the first 10 minutes of talking to them.
>>
>>320075486
White people still make up over 60% of the US anon.
>>
It's the "Irish Need Not Apply" meme all over again
>>
File: 1439964448848.jpg (44 KB, 502x699) Image search: [Google]
1439964448848.jpg
44 KB, 502x699
>>320079853

Everyone knows that animals are just plain terrified of Trump (except for dogs, they're too dumb to realize that).

The only difference is that the eagle knows that he can rip Trump a new one and crash his campaign in one fell swoop.
>>
>>320075092
They would improve about 10 fold from new ideas. We wouldn't have Souls and CoD rehashes every year
>>
>>320081159

The only straight people I've met who mention they are straight did it in one of two situations.

1. Someone brought up their sexuality in some way, shape or form.
2. They mention they're attracted to a specific person of the opposite sex.

Meanwhile, gay/trans people just mention they're gay because.

I use to have a job where two of the managers were gay. They'd constantly say shit like "because I'm so gay" when it had absolutely no fucking relation to anything that happened.

A straight dude will say "yeah I'd fuck her right in the pussy" when they see a hot girl. A gay dude just adds "i'm gay" to the end of everything they say regardless of what they said.

There is kind of a big difference there man.
>>
>>320081567

By improve you mean we'd have shit games for the next 2-3 years, then no games because everyone went out of business?
>>
By certain groups do you mean "a couple of essjaydoubleyou trolls on Twitter"?
>>
Just let it all burn. I'm too tired to even feel anything about this anymore. They can have it.
>>
>>320081629
>Tell a guy he has a nice jacket
>"Yo I'm straight"
>Tell a gay dude the same thing
>"Thanks"
>>
>>320081721
Typical channer ignorance
>>
>>320081629
Oh, well I've never met fags like you're describing. Straight people will make sure you're aware, in the first 10 minutes usually, that they are in some way connected to some pussy.
>>
>>320079583
You have confirmation bias.
That's like asking "Why do all hair pieces look fake?"
Well, if you saw a good hair piece, you wouldn't know it. Because it fooled you into thinking it was normal hair. So you mind don't even notice it's existence.
Similar with gay/trans. You don't know the ones not talking about the fact that they're gay/trans. Because they're not talking about the fact that they're gay/trans.
>>
>>320082057

Yep, because giving jobs that require a high level of education, skill and experience to people based purely on their race, sexuality or gender is a really good way of running a business. Right?
>>
>>320081921

>Tell a guy he has a nice jacket
>"Yeah it's pretty good, cost me $120 at that shop"
>Tell a gay guy the same thing
>"Yeah my jackets good but I'm really gay"

I can do that too.
>>
>>320075092

>SOME IDIOT SAID SOMETHING

Christ, give it a rest.
>>
>>320082487
Except that's never happened
>>
>>320082320
>based purely on their race, sexuality or gender
Nobody said that but you anon. Or do you really believe that there aren't non-white people equally qualified to run companies?
>>
File: nisekoi.jpg (126 KB, 856x704) Image search: [Google]
nisekoi.jpg
126 KB, 856x704
In a way straight white men made video games what they are today, so what do you think will change?
>>
>>320082487
The only gay people I've met who mention they are gay did it in one of two situations.

1. Someone brought up their sexuality in some way, shape or form.
2. They mention they're attracted to a specific person of the same sex.

Meanwhile, straight people just mention they're straight just because.
>>
File: 1436496527672.gif (888 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1436496527672.gif
888 KB, 220x220
This industry needs another crash.
>>
I think it's total bullshit that unqualified people are being put into positions they don't deserve just for the sake of having "diversity in the work place"

My boss recently hired 4 women at once because he's been called sexist and they are not qualified AT ALL. And I have to constantly clean up their shit
>>
>>320083383
Why didn't he hire women that are qualified? Are they hot?
>>
>>320081629

One of my coworkers constantly points out girls he thinks are hot. It's literally guaranteed that every time we go out for lunch or something he'll bring it up. He never shuts the fuck up about what girl he brought home over the weekend or who he's banging next Saturday.

Meanwhile I've found out that most of the gay people I knew were gay through others.
>>
Does someone have that comic with the "muh dick" nigger getting hired over a way more qualified, white man just for the sake of diversity?
>>
>>320079583
christ this nigga got BTFO
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.