[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching fighting game fight >complex combo that requieres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: wot.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wot.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>watching fighting game fight
>complex combo that requieres tons of kill
>cool I guess
>nice!
>damn, that's good!!

>watching any smash game
>guy just hits an opponent
>OMG!!
>WOMBO COMBO
>crowd goes crazy
What the fuck? I don't get it someone explain me the smash hype.
>>
File: d45jvvb.png (247 KB, 900x851) Image search: [Google]
d45jvvb.png
247 KB, 900x851
In my opinion, that's not really the truth. Both games have extreme hype on extreme moments.
If you watch MVG League they play smash all the time and most of the commentary is just general discussion or play by play. Every so often something cool happens or something funny happens and you usually just hear "Oooooh! Damn!" But if you are going to use Wombo Combo for a generalization for Smash's level of hype you have your argument way out of whack.
Think about it, Wombo Combo and the Perfect Parry at EVO were equally as loud, but does it mean that all of the matches are generalized like that? No way.
>>
Well for the Pros, a combo is nothing more than just a formality, in reality he just hit a weak punch or kick. A counter to bust a guy off in Smash is a lot more intense than that. Hitting a falcon punch is the same.
>>
I came in to post about this but

>>320073439
/thread
>>
>>320072985
>pool play of USFIV
>2nd round of the first game
>dude does an E. Ryu combo
>cool I guess
>nice!

>grand finals in smash
>captain falcon lands a huge f.air on a fox with 50%
>OMG!!
>crowd goes crazy

this is just one of many possible explanations. The context might be entirely different. It's also possible you don't understand either game, and thus don't understand what is worth getting excited about.
>>
>>320075621
>It's also possible you don't understand either game, and thus don't understand what is worth getting excited about.

This. Seriously, if you're wondering what the hype is all about then maybe you should dabble a bit more into the game.
>>
>>320072985
autists that play smash are not in control of their emotions. They see marvel players get hype and they think they will be cool if they do the same thing.
>>
File: remember dat reflector.gif (2 MB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
remember dat reflector.gif
2 MB, 246x200
>>
>>320072985
smash's audience is mostly dumb black people and spics that chimp out at a moment's notice.

I mean, most fighting game audiences are the same, but the ones that flock to smash tend to be poorer and more excitable due to lower standards
>>
>>320076181
>>
>>320072985

Full blown autism is the answer.
>>
>>320072985
Smash Tourneyfags are dull, and only they get hyped for that.

Look at the Smash Tourney they had at E3. What got people hyped? Megaman doing his Final Smash. What didn't? Playing like a tourneyfag.
>>
>>320076717
Name a single moment in any game more hype than megaman's autism laser going off
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.