[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you use protection /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: GunnarEyewear2.jpg (49 KB, 756x356) Image search: [Google]
GunnarEyewear2.jpg
49 KB, 756x356
Do you use protection /v/?
>>
>>320070052
no i dont use the ocular jew
shut the f*ck up
>>
File: mlg.jpg (85 KB, 690x335) Image search: [Google]
mlg.jpg
85 KB, 690x335
>>320070052
I'm talking about your eyesight.
Don't you know how bad blue light is for your eyes? It causes eye strain and blurry vision and can lead to permanent eye damage and even blindness.
>>
those glasses are made the same way that benQ makes their monitors, I just have an actual benQ

they're just a poor man's gaming monitor
>>
>>320070158
How is eye protection a jewish scheme?
amber lenses block blue light.
>>
>>320070335
yeah except you can use the glasses to look at any screen or monitor.
>>
>>320070279
Excessive blue light also suppresses melotonin production which is responsible for stimulating and maintaining sleep

that means if you stay on the computer too long *without protection* you won't sleep well.
>>
I actually have a pair of these (Don't ask, was a gift) and they're actually not bad, I find if I'm gaming for long periods, they actually really help (More than just taking 10 minute breaks)

Plus filtering out the blue light helps me sleep better if I'm playing right up until I decide to sleep
>>
It's really irresponsible not to use protection /v/. Not only does it save your eyes, it helps you sleep better.

Everyone should use protection. If I ran a tech company I would have all my software engineers and network engineers use protection.
>>
>>320070671
I have spent many hours of my life on my computer and I can still fall asleep like a baby.
Nice try shills.
>>
>>320070941
When every I use the computer for long periods of time I wake up feeling really groggy and if I don't stay in bed and nap I get a head ache. I'm going to buy a pair of these.
>>
>>320070279
>>320070671

You know, it doesn't take much research to prove this is complete bullshit.
>>
I got a pair of these shits on black friday

It's good for consoles, but if you play on PC install f.lux. It's not as powerful as the glasses, but you get the same effect.
>>
>>320071076
It's 100% true, amber filters out blue light.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20030543

>All light is not equal: blue wavelengths are the most potent portion of the visible electromagnetic spectrum for circadian regulation. Therefore, blocking blue light could create a form of physiologic darkness. Because the timing and quantity of light and darkness both affect sleep, evening use of amber lenses to block blue light might affect sleep quality. Mood is also affected by light and sleep; therefore, mood might be affected by blue light blockade. In this study, 20 adult volunteers were randomized to wear either blue-blocking (amber) or yellow-tinted (blocking ultraviolet only) safety glasses for 3 h prior to sleep. Participants completed sleep diaries during a one-week baseline assessment and two weeks' use of glasses. Outcome measures were subjective: change in overall sleep quality and positive/negative affect. Results demonstrated that sleep quality at study outset was poorer in the amber lens than the control group. Two- by three-way ANOVA revealed significant (p < .001) interaction between quality of sleep over the three weeks and experimental condition. At the end of the study, the amber lens group experienced significant (p < .001) improvement in sleep quality relative to the control group and positive affect (p = .005). Mood also improved significantly relative to controls. A replication with more detailed data on the subjects' circadian baseline and objective outcome measures is warranted.
>>
>>320071291
what?
>>320070052
I personally like the glasses because they make me feel /cyberpunk/
And girls like guys who use protection.
>>
File: 193hl96gsk7kxjpg.jpg (66 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
193hl96gsk7kxjpg.jpg
66 KB, 800x533
>"hey anon, you do use protection right?"
>>
>>320071292
>ncbi
>a corporation who uses theories as facts and have been debunked several times by legit organizations

So glad google exists so that it's easy just to call out on your bullshit, once again. Nice fail, shill.
>>
>>320072005
wtf malfoy plays csgo?
>>
>>320072174
ncbi is not a private corporation, it's a government institution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Center_for_Biotechnology_Information

why are you so against using protection that you would result to lying on the internet? do you want your fellow gamers to get aids?
>>
File: tumblr_n26qk7uJiR1qekyz9o1_500.jpg (47 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n26qk7uJiR1qekyz9o1_500.jpg
47 KB, 500x281
if you got protection you would have a conversation piece if you ran into hot girls at a LAN party.
>>
File: white-gold-blue-black-dress.jpg (62 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
white-gold-blue-black-dress.jpg
62 KB, 600x338
Well my concern is anything that modifies vision.

You know that shirt that is black and blue? well after wearing these amber tinted glasses it turned white and gold!
>>
f.lux
>>
>>320073260
just looked this up, sounds complicated and perhaps fake, and you can't use it on every screen you come across like you can with glasses.
>>
>>320073485
k
>>
File: Henley-Cloud-Comp-Bud.jpg (973 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Henley-Cloud-Comp-Bud.jpg
973 KB, 2048x1365
ok ok that's cool and all but can we talk about a serious issue?

vaping. it's healthy. why don't more people do it?
>>
>>320073986
I beat up a guy once for blowing a vape in my face at a bar.

I wouldn't call that healthy.
>>
>>320073485
is this a troll
>>
Huh, I didn't know n0thing shilled
>>
>>320073986
>muh mouth fedora
Kill yourself
>>
>pro gaymers trying to look tough
I kek everytime
>>
>>320073986
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/e-cigarette-flavoring-chemicals-linked-to-respiratory-disease/
>>
>>320074692
you know who the government recruits form drone operation? gamers.
>>
>>320073075
who thje fuck sees white and gold

how even
>>
>>320073986
>why don't more people do it?
Because everyone get really fucking annoyed at how obnoxious vapers are. They're becoming the equivalent of potheads without the illegal substance. Somehow inhaling some stupid shit and blowing out obscene amounts of it has become a fucking fashion trend that these people just can't do by themselves. They gotta announce to everyone "BRO I'M VAPING, DUDE CHECK OUT MY SWEET VAPE BRO"
>>
>>320074692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YYfMSXLv0
>>
>>320075439
sorry wrong vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HbCkU_-cM
>>
>>320074995
Colorblind retards
>>
File: 1419481029940.jpg (2 MB, 7680x4320) Image search: [Google]
1419481029940.jpg
2 MB, 7680x4320
>>320075553
>all those voice cracks
>>
>>320075553
The thing that gets me about this video everytime is that pro call of duty is played on console
willingly
like, why?
it would be more competetive on PC wouldn't it?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.