[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Akuma going to be in Tekken 7 but not Street Fighter 5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 11
File: akuma.jpg (133 KB, 780x1154) Image search: [Google]
akuma.jpg
133 KB, 780x1154
Why is Akuma going to be in Tekken 7 but not Street Fighter 5?
>>
So he can be in a better fighting game
>>
Because i wanted Akuma in SF5. Shame because I thibk his replacement has a terrible aesthetic design.
>>
you can't seriously think he won't be there eventually.
>>
I thought that Akuma being in T7 was really cool at first, but then I thought about it a little

>Most SF players won't play Tekken 7 for an extended period of time by virtue of not being an SF game, an SF guest character most likely will not do anything to change that
>Akuma in particular is a character that a fair amount of SF players are pining for in V
>Tekken 7 itself is missing several series mainstays (Nina, Anna, Lee, Lei etc) and it's been stated that it'll have a smaller/more focused roster than usual, and yet they're using one of these slots for a guest character
>Tekken x SF is still happening according to Harada's recent tweets, yet instead of holding this stuff back they're sticking it into a mainline Tekken game instead

it's kinda weird to be honest
>>
>>320067937
they've done it before with others, not to mention he's a shoto
>>
>>320067816
Yeah, SF main characters are swole af, Tekken characters are a bit more slender comparatively
>>
>>320067498
>Why is Akuma going to be in Tekken 7 but not Street Fighter 5?
Because he can't be in two places at the same time.
>>
>>320069297
From 4 onwards in particular, yeah
before that game they weren't especially swole at all aside from the "big guys" like Zangief and T.Hawk
>>
File: 1355450441076.jpg (109 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1355450441076.jpg
109 KB, 406x364
Because both Harada and Ono are fucking retarded. Fuck both of them and fuck Harada especially for marginalizing his own franchise with this SF taint.

If I wanted to play against shotos I'd play fucking Street Fighter. I get into Tekken for the exact opposite of that shit. Fucking Jap kike retards. Yes, I mad.
>>
No clue, it's a shame because I prefer SF. But at least there's a slight motivation to play Tekken 7 now outside of the usual King and Steve with the newcomer Shaheen.
>>
>>320069569

>Not liking Harada and Ono

Literally no fun allowed. Those 2 dudes are the best people in video game PR they actually give a shit about what they're doing and you're having a whinge.

Fuck you faggot.
>>
>implying you can be two places at once
>>
He can't be in two places at once, anon. He's tired of the same boring fights so he went to a different tournament.
>>
>>320069739
They're both fun guys
but you know that you can seperate that from the business decisions they make, right?
>>
>>320067498
Because SFV doesn't need anymore shotos besides Ryu and Ken.

That's why he's taking a vacation to T7 until 2017
>>
File: 1359148861011.png (605 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1359148861011.png
605 KB, 623x527
>>320069739
No, fuck you, you cock gobbling, semen siphoning retard.

If they were the best, Harada wouldn't be busy fucking up the Tekken lore and Ono wouldn't be censoring his game to hell and back.

>b-but no one plays fighting games for the story

Irrelevant as fuck, and it's deflecting the point you retards.

>I-it's not censorship, it's pre-release editing

No, I think I'll call it you arguing semantics like a devil's advocating little bitch. Go get hit by a bus carrying a million dicks, pronto.
>>
>>320069980

>Implying Akuma in Tekken isn't one of the coolest things ever

Anon, sorry but it sounds like you're an old fuddy duddy. Neither of these games are super serious. Calling adding Akuma to Tekken "SF taint" is really pathetic.
>>
>>320067498
Because Kazuya is going to be SFV dlc
>>
>>320070260
I would be fucking OK with this.
>>
>>320070251
>implying that's the same person

I'm over here faggot.
>>
>>320070123

>Tekken lore

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH

>Ono wouldn't be censoring his game to hell and back.

2 Camera changes, thongs still stand thick chun still stands sultry cammy still stands balloon sized tits on Mika and Laura still stands. Sucks yea but "To hell and back" is an exaggeration.
>>
it's so crazy how he's not just a guest character - he's inserted into the story. Apparently he made a promise to Heihachi's wife and stuff.
>>
>>320070481

That's the best part, it's so goofy.
>>
>>320070481
Kek'ing?
>>
>>320070437
>2 Camera changes
I don't mind Cammy, but I do mind R.Mika because its basically taking out part of her character. I am laughing hard at people who are anti-SJW blaming SJW when it really has to do with ERSB Rating
>>
>>320070437
Nice rebuttal there shit lord.
>>
>>320069610
Shaheen's design > Rashid's design
>>
>>320067784
this
>>
>>320070481
>Akuma Keked Heihachi which lead to years of child abuse and world destruction
>>
>>320070607

Either way it sucks that it's changed. My issue is the new camera angles aren't anywhere near as dynamic and they just look bland.
>>
>>320070251
I'm not >>320069980
I am >>320068191 though

Akuma's playstyle doesn't fit traditional Tekken at all, presumably TxSF will have different focuses but this isn't the case with T7. In the trailer he's shown doing dumb shit like air fireballs and SRKing opponents that are jumping into him despite the fact that jumping is extremely situational in Tekken compared to SF and you wouldn't "jump in" like that
they could modify the shoto moveset to fit Tekken - but we already have that, the core Mishima moveset that Kazuya and Heihachi have stems from a 3D grid adaptation of SF's shotos. Akuma adds nothing of value to a mainline Tekken game.

Nevermind sticking a SF guest character into a game missing several staple character, Akuma isn't even a good choice for a guest character.
>>
>>320070606
>>320070713
Kazumi is head over heels in love with Heihachi. That's why she knows he has to die.

and Akuma is her brother
>>
>>320070698

I agree. Shaheen looks dope.
>>
>>320070698
They're both massive stereotypes meant to appease the middle east crowd. tt's pathetic on both ono's and harada's part.

>See? Look at this idyllic Middle Eastern male who everyone WANTS middle eastern men to look like but in reality, would probably just wear sandals, have a bushier, greasier beard, and loose leggings. See how progressive we are?
>>
>>320070123
>Harada wouldn't be busy fucking up the Tekken lore

You say that like the lore is anything important besides the Mishima Family is a fucking mess.
>>
>>320070713
>Karin and Birdie standing in a room together = they're fucking
>Akuma and Kazumi standing in a room together = they're fucking
I'm sorry but you Street Fighter guys have problems, man
>>
>>320070797
The fact that Akuma is in the game over Miguel, Raven, and Nina is just retarded.
>>
>>320067498
>Why is Akuma going to be in Tekken 7 but not Street Fighter 5?
Because he's busy being in Tekken 7.
>>
>>320070797

>Akuma's playstyle doesn't fit traditional Tekken at all

Neither do guns or throwable swords.

>Akuma adds nothing of value to a mainline Tekken game.

Based on 1min of footage in a trailer that's not representative of how he will actually play at all.

That's like saying the way they showcased Dhalsims Critical Art for SFV was legit.
>>
He's only one demon. How could he separate his time between two different fighting games?
>>
>>320070974
Doesn't change the fact that Tekken is now Street Fighter's bitch because Tekken can't even be its own game now. Harada is too busy giving Ono a massive fellatio every waking hour.
>>
>>320070915

>They're both massive stereotypes

Like every character in both franchises you fucking fucknuckle.
>>
>>320070915
Who cares what people look like in reality, it's videogames.

Do you get mad when there's a white chick that has huge boobs because it's not a realistic standard?
Or brown girls that don't look like shit and have a huge ass?
Fuck off.
>>
>>320070915
If Tekken and Street Fighter were trying to realistic you'd have a point here
>>
>>320071206
>like every character in Street Fighter, but not Tekken

Fixed that for ya.
>>
>Heihachi vs Akuma
Since they are hyping this up who wins?
>>
>>320071154
>because Tekken can't even be its own game now
>Guest Character = Bad
Guess you thought Tekken 3 was trash because of Gon then?
And before you go he's inserted into the story have you ever taken a moment to think he could be a what-if scenario?
>>
>>320071260
No. Because that white woman isn't just a token white women trying to appease a specific minority group.
>>
>>320067498
Probably because Tekken Vs Street Fighter never happened.
>>
>>320070915
Shaheen looks like a rich middle eastern guy. He's also pretty much a clone of a real man.
>>
>>320070698
Rashid's moveset >>>> Shaheen's moveset
>>
>>320071296

Tekken is full of stereotypes and some characters that just make no sense.

>Feng
>Not a stereotype

>Marduk
>Looking Australian any anyway

Don't get me fucking started on Kuma, Roger, Panda etc.
>>
I'm more interested in Harada's waifu simulator desu
>>
>>320067498
Hes the hero of Tekken now.
>>
>>320071415
You know it's going to be Akuma. Having another company's character in a game and then killing him in that game isn't gonna fly.
>>
>>320071427
>a what if scenario

Perhaps, but I'm not willing to give any developer any remote benefit of the doubt at this point in the game. Harada made a stupid decision in all likelihood.

And guest characters CAN be bad, if done in fucking excess. Just take a look at Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>320067784
He's not in Soulcalibur or DOA, no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>320071085
Did you only read the first and last parts of my paragraph and nothing in between or something?
>>
>>320071450
>Because that white woman isn't just a token white women trying to appease a specific minority group.
Because everyone is clamoring to have the middle eastern market.

They aren't. And if they were trying to appease minority groups then the game would look a lot different
>>
>>320071512
Kuma is a fucking bear and so are the rest of the animals you listed. How the fuck are they stereotypes? Stop trying to fatten your list to bolster your already weak argument.
>>
>>320071713

>Ignore the first part of the post
>Second part is about characters that make no sense

You're a degenerate.
>>
>>320071710
No one should be clamoring for the middle eastern market because the middle eastern market is retarded. Last time Harada listened to them, he gave Zafina leggings instead of just a skirt because they bitched about her showing too much skin.
>>
>>320071415
Akuma will probably win
and then lose to Kazuya and disappear offscreen
then Heihachi will show up since he's indestructible for some reason according to these games
and then Heihachi and Kazuya will fight like all the promo shit implies they will
>>
>>320067498
He's so strong that he can't be included in his own series no more, has to fuck up Tekken characters now
>>
>>320071697

I read the whole thing, the middle portion had no points that were worth addressing.
>>
File: 1394486820124.jpg (61 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
1394486820124.jpg
61 KB, 475x356
>>320071464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCm4WhHA1JM&ab_channel=RajmanGamingHD
>>
>>320071835
Sorry but listing two characters doesn't suddenly make all or even most of the Tekken roster a stereotype.

So in essence, ignoring those first two examples was negligible on my end.
>>
>>320071959
SFxT != TxSF
>>
So, I wonder if any Tekken character will get into SFV.

It'd be cool if Akuma's ties to Kasumi wassomehow referenced in SF, she's a cool character and would flesh out Akuma's stale role a bit.

>>320071512
>Animals are stereotypes
wat
>>
>>320070251
Akuma in tekken is pretty lame. It's not like SFxT doesn't exist already and it's not like Smash where it's basically a fuck load of everyone
>>
>>320071968

>two characters

I listed 1 that was a stereotype I'm not going to sit here listing the numerous characters that are from Tekken. It's readily apparent to anyone who isn't an idiot.

>>320072019

>Animals are stereotypes

Fuck this board and it's terrible reading comprehension.
>>
>>320071949
The middle portion was my entire point

I explained why Akuma doesn't fit traditional Tekken and yet you responded with
>Neither do guns or throwable swords.
implying that I thought that Akuma was too zany for Tekken or something, which isn't the case at all.
>>
File: 1389931352630.jpg (10 KB, 182x226) Image search: [Google]
1389931352630.jpg
10 KB, 182x226
>>320071681
>doa
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>320071852
Nobody is trying to get the middle eastern market is the point I am making here before you went off on that tangent.

Think of it like this:
What kind of minority group are they trying to get with lots of characters?
Are you suddenly hating Miguel because he's spanish?
Do you hate Jin because he's japanese?
Is Feng terrible because he could be used to market to the chinese martial artist market?

Shaheen is just a guy that that happens to be middle eastern.

You have to draw a line somewhere or stop having double standards.
If you hate Shaheen because he's catering to a group of minorities then you should hate everyone but Jack
>>
>>320071415
Ogre
>>
>>320072443
>reinvented itself for doa5
>tekken is still the same stale game since tekken5
>doa5 outsold ttt2

stay mad :)
>>
>>320072297

Your entire point is irrelevant when it's based on a small portion of footage of a canned match to show off Akumas moveset transitioning into Tekken.

That and if you want to disregard guns and throwable weapons how about we talk about air eye lasters and rocket chainsaws?

All dumb shit, all of it fits just fine. Air fireballs and dragon punches are the least of "out of place things" in Tekken.
>>
>>320072608
Not to mention Jin has had a big shoryuken attack since introduced in 3
>>
File: 1447793686854.gif (1 MB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1447793686854.gif
1 MB, 240x232
>>320072556
>stay mad
>when im clearly laughing at you think doa is a good game
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>320072895
DOA5 is good, DOA 1-4 are not.
>>
>>320072556
yes higher sales than another game means a game is good
>>
>>320072895
>posting mike ross in a korean wavedash simulator thread

get out
>>
>>320072608
I only need a small portion of footage to warrant having concern in this case
and I just said that I'm not talking about it being "out of place", stylistically Akuma fits in fine

Tekken has the shoto moveset adjusted to it's system already with the Mishimas, since the way shotos work in SF mechanically does not work in Tekken. You don't jump as often in Tekken, zoning works completely differently, and fireballs tend to be shit in Tekken period.
If you wanna make Akuma fit into Tekken, you make him play like a Mishima. Or you can just have him be shit. Like I said, he adds nothing of value to Tekken.
Alternatively you could have him play completely unlike Akuma at all I suppose.
>>
>>320073428

>I only need a small portion of footage to warrant having concern in this case

Anon pls
>>
>>320073686
concern over the fact that he's a poor choice in guest character, I should've reiterated that since you didn't read that bit in my previous post either seemingly

They should've put Bison or Chun-Li or something instead if Harada absolutely had to add an SF guest character. Not a shoto.
>>
>>320074017

Bison or Chun-Li would've made zero sense. Especially considering they're actually writing Akuma into Tekkens stupid story. What's your justification for that?
>>
>>320074084
>Chun-Li is a cop investigating the dumb bullshit Mishima Zaibatsu is doing
>Bison heads a rival corporation to the Mishima Zaibatsu and is interested in the devil gene himself
There I just wrote them into the Tekken story, man that was tough.
>>
>>320074253

Both of those are lame as fuck comparitive to what is being implied with Akuma's story.
>>
File: ccfVBZW.jpg (135 KB, 1280x806) Image search: [Google]
ccfVBZW.jpg
135 KB, 1280x806
NO MIGUEL NO BUY
Also
>Old Heihachi again after they made such a big deal about his va being dead
>>
>>320074371
It's the exact same bullshit. Akuma needed context to fight main characters in SF's story, and that's what they did. I just did the same thing with those two characters.

Hell I actually pulled the Bison story out of Project x Zone 2 where Heihachi and Bison are alreadt business rivals. It has precedent already.
>>
>>320073428
>confirmed for not playing Tekken
Kazuya plays nothing like shotos. Kazuya is the most turtle/bait/defensive character in any fighting vidya and none of his strats resemble the way people typically play ANY shoto.
>>
>>320074632
>Kazuya plays nothing like shotos.
I know that, I was saying that the core Mishima moveset is an adaptation of the shoto moveset onto a 3D grid. EWGF's are Tekken's equivalent to SRKs

Shoto movesets as they are would not function properly in Tekken, Mishima movesets are what they've been adapted into (and obviously changes have been introduced over time)

I reckon Akuma is just going to end up playing like Jinpachi.
>>
>>320073428
I'm not the guy you're debating with, but the Mishimas are not like shotos. They are rushdown oriented mixup characters, and well-suited to whiff punishing. Heihachi has good mids and Kazuya has better pokes. A good example of a well-rounded characters in Tekken would be King and Armor King- despite having a disproportionate number of throws, they have good mids, good pokes, good whiff punishes, good mixups, and good defensive options.

Fireballs tend to be shit because fireballs tend to be slow, high, and unblockable in Tekken, but Akuma's will probably be quick, special mid, and plus on block when done at mid range. Akuma will not have a crouch dash, he won't play anything like Mishimas. It is likely he won't play like Akuma, just like the Tekken characters in SFxT did not play like Tekken characters, because Tekken is nothing at all like Street Fighter. 3D fighters and 2D fighters are very different games.
>>
>>320074873
>EWGFs are Tekken's equivalent of SRK

No. No no no. EWGF is for starting pressure, the opposite of what shoryuken is good for, and for whiff punishing, which shotos would be better off using Tatsumaki Senpukyaku for, if they use a special at all. You aren't right, man.
>>
>>320074873
Bruh I've been playing Tekken since fucking day 1, and what you're saying sounds like the desperate ramblings of a younger sibling trying to fit in.
Either back up what you're saying clearly and compell me to understand what the fuck you're trying to say, LINK me to somebody EVER saying something like this, or fuck the fuck off.
Mishimas are not a '3d adaptation" of shotos, and you dont know SHIT about how Akuma will actually play except for like 6 seconds of footage (which you imply is enough).
Go back to your tr4sh threads kiddo
>>
>>320067498
So NamBan can set up Tekken x Street Fighter
>>
>>320075032
Nigga if Kazuya had good pokes he would be OP as fuck. All he gets are the two launch punishers in the game, which is enough to make him S tier but he struggles in every other facet.
>>
>>320075830
better pokes than Heihachi, not good pokes
>>
>>320075830
*two best
>>
>>320070437
Your defense force is pretty pathetic there faggot.
>>
>>320075956
U serious bruh?
Hei can be played offensively or defensively, but Kaz, if you try offense at a high level youre fucked. Kaz a turtler/punisher strictly.
>>
He looks fun but they're blatantly just prepping shit for TxSF, which feels wrong to do in numbered game like this.

Maybe it's just me and my general bias against guest characters in fighters though, I've never liked it. These games tend to have a huge library of characters readily available to them and they opt for a 3rd party rep instead for the sake of getting people talking. I know Tekken's done it before and all with Gon but it still bugs me.
>>
>>320076026

?
>>
>>320076107
I don't think Kazuya players could get away with wavedashing into the opponent multiple times if he didn't have respectable offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl2vAJBC3T4&t=1422
>>
>>320077040
Wavedashing is a pressure tool to bait your opponent into doing something stupid, which you then punish, it's not an offensively-minded strategy. Everything for Kaz is a setup to punish whiffs/blocks
>>
File: idiot.png (349 KB, 593x760) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
349 KB, 593x760
>>320070123
>Tekken lore
>Tekken
>lore
>>
>>320078058
Fair enough. I also had my specifics with the Mishimas incorrect, you are right that Hei is the better poker and Kaz has the better lows
>>
>>320070123

I'm sure you're wonderful at parties. Just a fantastic person.
>>
>>320078084
All Tekken (and SF) has is lore, nothing's concrete enough to call it a "story"
>>
Is it scrubby to only use one BnB? I feel like my head is too small to fit another one in.
>>
>>320080650
Depends on the game. You don't need more than one, especially if you're new, but you'll eventually pick more combos up as you understand your characters' options better. I do combos I don't practice fairly often in games I'm better at.
>>
>>320078713
Tekken has literally had story modes. We know at least most of it
>>
>>320068191
Tekken 7 confirmed for TxSF all along
>>
>>320076107
>tfw I've never been able to get good with Kaz because I can't wavedash to save my life.
>>
It's kind of weird seeing a fighting game character in a Tekken game.
>>
>>320073080
Backtracking now? 3 and 4 are both decently complex fighters. Don't let anons tell you what to think, jesus.
>>
>>320081635
just practice, you only get better
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>320081972
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.