[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can easy games be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 98273546.jpg (169 KB, 554x684) Image search: [Google]
98273546.jpg
169 KB, 554x684
Can easy games be good?
>>
>>320065795
Easy/Hard =/= Good
>>
Of course
>>
>>320065795
SMW and Undertale Genocide are not easy imo fa͏m. but yes. easy games can be good
>>
>posting babby games
epic may mays, EPIC
>>
>SMW
>easy
It's only said to be easy because everybody has 20+ years experience playing it.
>>
>>320065795
I play all my games on the easiest difficulty the first time through

Sorry familia
>>
literally every kirby game is easy and half of em are pretty darn good
>>
Undertale is extremely challenging though
>>
not for what sometimes seems like the majority of /v/. they want a challenge, something to overcome. the harder the challenge, the better the game, apparently. perhaps they don't get enough challenges in real life, and want them in their entertainment.
>>
>>320066361
I practically have to do that every time i play a platinum game, bayonetta and MGR kicked my ass
>>
>undertale
>easy
lol
>>
>>320066350
this tbqh, if you didnt know every secret from playing SMW before, finding everything would be pretty hard
>>
Good mechanics and level design can make things fun even if you're breezing through them, it's just a matter of keeping your interest.
>>
>>320065795
There's nothing intrinsically good about a game being difficult, so yes.
>>
>>320066597
As long as you keep your inventory stocked with healing items, it's very easy.

If you want to beat the game without healing, then it's insanely hard.
>>
>>320066350
Honestly it's the only 2D Mario game out of the original 4 that I've beaten. It's a lot easier than Mario 1, USA, Lost Levels AND 3.
>>
>>320066391
Kirby Squeak Squad is def the best
>>
>>320066350
When I beat it, it was the most satisfying experience in vidya I ever had
the only one that comes close is beating megaman x for the first time
>>
>>320066884
SS is great, but Superstar Ultra, Return to Dreamland and probably Triple Deluxe are all better.
>>
>>320066884
>>320067645
amazing mirror is underrated, wish they'd make a kirby game like that again
>>
>>320066853

>Lost Levels

Fuck that shit. I know I could beat it if I wanted to take the time to do it, but I'd rather beat Ninja Gaiden 3. That would commend more respect from my autistic peers.
>>
>>320066350
>It's only said to be easy because everybody has 20+ years experience playing it.

It's said to be easy because it is easy. Super Mario World throws power-ups and lives at you like candy, and with the broken-ass cape and Yoshi, the game is a piece of cake even for someone who is horrible at video games.
>>
>>320065983
SMW is very very easy compared to every Mario before it. I love that game but it was Nintendo's first move towards babbytown

>>320065795

Kirby's Adventure is super easy and it's probably my favorite NES game.

I agree that undertale is easy but one of the people I live with dropped it because he couldn't figure out the pacifism puzzles, and because he gets all his opinions from shitposts on /v/ so I suppose it could always be easier.
>>
File: 1336722296216.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1336722296216.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
>>320065795
Good is typically subjective but difficulty rarely has an actual impact on that as it is more determined by a number of other factors.

IN MY OPINION for a hard game to be good, it needs to have good mechanics that enforce the difficulty properly. an easy game still needs good gameplay but for me at least they also need to actually be -fun-
>>
>>320065795
Obvious bate.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.