[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Psychonauts_Logo.jpg (355 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Psychonauts_Logo.jpg
355 KB, 1600x900
What went wrong?
>>
>>320060308
The platforming could be tighter. Not much else apart from that.

>implying that Psychonauts isn't one of the best 3D platformers of all time
>>
Nothing, it was a great game, probably the last great 3D platformer.
>>
File: schafer_2.png (265 KB, 458x311) Image search: [Google]
schafer_2.png
265 KB, 458x311
>>320060308
too short

I wanted more. I still want more.
>>
>>320061163
Be carefull what you wish for...
>>
>>320061436
I wish to see Tim Schaffer with money-related indigestion
I want anything related to Psychonauts to be released, I absolutely don't care about the circumstances
>>
Meat circus
>>
>>320060308
thinking about it now, I wish the abandoned island was more open like the camp. I wanted the camp to be more expansive and it seemed like the first half of the game went by too quick
>>
>>320062018
Meat circus was fucking great though.
>>
>>320061928
so if psychonauts: the mobile game by ea got released, you'd be all over that?

you know that tim's a has-been and all the good devs at his studio are long gone, right
>>
Honestly not much. I love how much dialogue and adventure aspect to it was retained, with multiple dialogue options. Some graphics even then could have been better, but in other areas it was excellent. Platforming was solid, bug ledge grabbing wastoo robotic.

I can't wait for 2. Nobody makes a gam like psychonauts without coming from the heart, and Schafer knew he wanted a sequel 10 years ago. Even he isn't aouless enough to just piss ok this. Could you do that to your baby? This is no broken age, let's be honest. He had ideas he's been writing down this entire time.
>>
>>320063086
sure. I'd probably buy it.

It's not like there would be any sort of psychonauts material ever made ever again because tim owns the rights
>>
>>320063086
Literally confirmed that the original psychonauts team is with him.
>>
>>320061436
Erik Wolpaw is back to wrtie Psychonauts 2

Everything is going to be fine
>>
>>320060308
Nothing, I hope Psychonauts 2 is good and plan to buy it if it is. Not helping with the crowd funding though, fuck that.
>>
>>320060308
Grinding for arrowheads to buy the cobweb duster was kind of annoying. It doesn't really take all that long, though.
>>
>>320060308
It's amazing how great it turned out considering the developmental hell in went through and how inexperienced the team was with platformers and console-designed games at the time. Watch the short documentary they uploaded about the making of the game.
>>
>>320060308
They forgot to develop the second half the game.
The first half (the camp) is great but it still is just a tutorial, and the second half (the island) is completely linear and focused on simply finding and beating stage bosses to unlock the next stage. It feels rushed as fuck.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.