[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a game in Unity. The game is 4 player online. Can any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: 2mb.gif (2 MB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
2mb.gif
2 MB, 384x384
I made a game in Unity. The game is 4 player online. Can anybody try it with me and let me know they think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPg889137yk

the download is about 150mb
http://www.relativespacegame.com/installer/click.php?id=59
>>
wow cool im down ill play ~!
>>
I'd try it, but in on my phone. Maybe in a few hours?
>>
>>320058596
Nice! I'll host a game. When it starts go into "Online Play" and click "Join Random Game"
>>
>>320058864
Anybody else?
>>
>>320058336
I won't be clicking any shifty links because of lostboy, but if that is indeed your game in the youtube video then great job. Keep it up.
>>
>>320058983
What if I put a link in the youtube video?

I get people don't want to click random links. Lets of shit out there.

And thanks! I've been working on it for over a year while I go to school. With some help from friends.
>>
>>320058336
Can you put in more furry
>>
I can try for a bit. downloading now.
also shmup general is onto you
>>
It says no rooms are found.

Also the hitbox is too big. decrease it's size to about half the ship's model and increase the enemies and their bullets by 5x.
This will make the game more exciting and give the player a sense of overcoming great dangers. Otherwise it looks good and I like how it plays.
>>
File: green ship hitbox.png (1 MB, 1217x845) Image search: [Google]
green ship hitbox.png
1 MB, 1217x845
>>320061741
Try again, we were in a game

Hmm.. I can play around with it. This is the hitbox now (pic)
>>
Game up lez play !
Join the L0V3
>>
>>320058336
ill dl 1 sec
>>
Shit's not launching
>>
>>320063571
>>320063591
cool, lets see if we can get a 4player game going :D
>>
File: ct launcher.png (48 KB, 466x433) Image search: [Google]
ct launcher.png
48 KB, 466x433
>>320063720
Does it give any error?
Does the launcher even come up?
Are you on Windows? What version?
Are you running it from inside the zip, or did you extract it?
>>
>>320063897
Nothing pops up. No window or anything. The only thing that happens is that a couple of CounterAttack.exe processes are running
Windows 7
and I extracted it into a folder
>>
>>320063897
it does crash upon .exe
then after closing error it has counterattack config popping up
>>
>>320062993
Please do. It's pretty much a genre standard
>>
not the worst 1st level anon. not bad
>>
bump

Core gameplay is there. DESU Feels a bit "stiff" but thats ok for the stage youre in.

Does it pause everyone when 1 person hits ESC?
>>
>>320058336
i had fun anon, keep updating us with progress.
>>
>>320064230
>>320064396

Can you put the log in a pastebin or something? I'd like to know why its crashing so that I can fix it :)

>>320065235
Thanks. It's the shortest level but I think its a good one.

>>320065927
The stiffness thing is one I've been trying to fix. I play with a gamepad, and after you've gotten a few speeds you rocket around. Some of the enemies should probably move around more.

>Does it pause everyone when 1 person hits ESC?
Yes, but anybody can instantly unpause it (and usually do). I need like a 3-2-1-0 unpause timer or something.
>>
>>320067128
Thanks, I'll post it again when I've made some more progress
>>
>>320067530
heres the only thing that says log that I found. keep in mind it only crashed right when first executing the exe and then brought the launcher up anyways:

http://pastebin.com/SmnKKVxZ
>>
>>320067689
alternate game mode idea:

1 ship, 4 players can shoot from 4 different sides of the ship. if 1 side of the ship loses its player then any anon can swap seats freely back and forth.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.