[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting Games - PS3 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: usf.jpg (124 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
usf.jpg
124 KB, 960x960
So I have a PS3 for almost 3 years now but not a single fighting game (sold Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 because it was fucking retarded). Haven't really played fighting games in a long time but I really want to start again

Thought about buying Ultra Street Fighter 4 because I liked SSF4 for the 3DS but unsure about how other PS3 fighting games are like and whether some other game wouldn't be a better choice

Anyone care to suggest some good titles and list some pros and cons?

Also, talk about fighting games in general if you want to
>>
get usf4 but get it on pc
>inb4 "i have a toaster"
>>
>>320055140

>tfw I DO have a toaster
>tfw poor studentfag who can't afford shit

goddammit, when will the suffering finally end? is there a big difference between the PC and PS3 version?
>>
>>320055376
only the playerbase.
>>
>>320055376
everyone on PC is super mediocre

PS3 is 90% garbage and 10% really good hold-outs but the input delay in that version made most people ditch it for 360 which is the real place to be for Ultra

SF5 is out so soon that I'd say it doesn't matter, just get it on PS3 and have fun anon
>>
>>320054786
someone get a pc lobby going
>>
>>320055645

>PS3 is 90% garbage and 10% really good hold-outs but the input delay in that version made most people ditch it for 360 which is the real place to be for Ultra

I don't really have that much of a problem only playing the singleplayer mode. wasn't able to do it back in the snes and ps1 days and now I don't really give that much of a damn

as long as I can play with friends eventually, that's cool with me
>>
>>320054786
If you want to try out USF4 on PS3 just for the heck of it go for it but be warned, the online is empty since everyone's been playing on Xbox and PC for a while and people started playing the PS4 version too.
>>
>>320055910
There's plenty of people online on PS3, it's just that they typically aren't good because knowledgable, skilled players are aware of the various reasons to play on 360

I have all 3 versions and if OP is just looking to dip his toes and play with friends irl it's no big deal to play on PS3 especially since V is out soon anyway so all three versions will be dead.
>>
>>320055910

are there any alternatives with long-as-fuck storymodes?

I don't know anything about persona or blazblue but I always hear a lot of people praising the games. also really interested in getting guilty gear xrd because I always loved the old games

I just don't know how new games handle storymodes
>>
>>320056192
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign is current and has an extensive story mode as well as cross-play with the PS4 version.
>>
>>320056184
Well, The ps3 version may be alive in the US but here in the EU it's pretty dead.

>>320056192
USF4's story mode is almost non existant. I'm not sure about other games since I don't play them, but I guess it's much better.
>>
>>320056425

Xrd does not have crossplay
>>
>>320056898
It does on PS3/PS4. What are you, new?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.