[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why you are not playing ARK /v/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: 1501.png (815 KB, 820x410) Image search: [Google]
1501.png
815 KB, 820x410
Why you are not playing ARK /v/ ?
>>
File: arksurvivalevolvedgameplay.webm (383 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
arksurvivalevolvedgameplay.webm
383 KB, 640x360
>>320052380

Because it's a shit game about shit.
>>
>>320052380

because it looks boring
>>
File: ark.png (1 MB, 1125x582) Image search: [Google]
ark.png
1 MB, 1125x582
>>
>>320052380
Unoptimized as fuck. Survival elements too tedious to be fun, plus all the shitty pvp of games like rust. Plus OP dinosaurs that wreck your shit so you have to avoid fucking everything or join a clan of 10+ people.
>>
>>320052380
but i am right now anon
>>
>>320052380
Played a free weekend. It was like a poor man's rust. Fucking horrible.
>>
>>320054164
/threaderino peperino

go kill yourself op fagerino
>>
>>320054448
This. I can't make a comfy little hut all by myself without a dinsosuar or some fucksmudge showing up while I'm offline and destroying it and me and putting me back at square fucking one. By the time you can fend off attacks with a zoo of pets what's the fucking point?

Same reason I avoid shit like Rust and DayZ, you give people that kind of freedom and the Greater Internet Fuckward Theory goes into full blast
>>
Back when I was playing it the problem was that it was actually updated too frequently.
I am planning on playing it again when I'm not having to deal with patches that change a shit load of stuff every four days.
>>
>poor performance
>takes forever to get basic tasks done
>easy to lose everything you've just spent hours and hours getting
>devs would rather pump more dinosaurs into the game nonstop than optimize it and make it playable for more people

I played it, and I liked it, but every single thing you can do is just daunting. I couldn't recommend this to anyone unless they have a considerably high-end machine, doesn't hate the survival genre, and absolutely loves dinosaurs but not too much because muh scientific accuracy doesn't exist in this game.
>>
File: 1332356634733.jpg (13 KB, 191x252) Image search: [Google]
1332356634733.jpg
13 KB, 191x252
>>320054874
Back to twitch you fucking cunt
>>
>>320052380
My decent PC runs it like pure shit. Why are you playing it, anon?
>>
>>320052380
Because it's so unoptimized there's a good chance it won't run or run very poorly, plus the fact there are tons of games that do what Ark does but better. Honestly, all Ark has going for it is dinosaurs and I don't even care about that.
>>
File: 2015-07-15_00003.jpg (336 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-15_00003.jpg
336 KB, 1600x900
The best early access game ive ever played. Compared to games like KF2 that have the polish this game has the content and almost daily updates.

There are reasonable complaints in the thread these:
>>320055134
Basically all true. If you have FRIENDS to play with tasks are done quickly and you can plan for dominance and the ability to subjugate shitters like:
>>320054974
>>320054448
PvP is actually very strategic and skill bases, there are like 6 stats you can specialize in with complete freedom. I have a char that literally moves faster than any dinosaur in the game but I get one shot so riding dinos isnt good for me.

The game is grindy at all stages but for different reasons. (low level grinding mats for dinos, high level grinding mats to blow up rivals bases)
Playing alone is like being a pinata for actual skilled players and people who raid
Playing PvE is worse minecraft

The devs have delivered on shit Ive seen dozens of early access titles promise, which is miraculous. If they fix optimization and give a sort of bonus to solo players/shitty players then the game will easily be one of the best to come out featuring the survival genre tag >best of a pile of shit
>>
>>320055903
>PvP is actually very strategic and skill based
>PvP consists of waiting until people are offline then wrecking their shit and distracting their dinos while they can't fight back
>PvP consists of ganking the shit out of anyone that's up and coming and not part of your clan so that there's never any resistance to begin with

Nigga please, I've been around people in games that aren't pvp-focused, but offer pvp options, to know it always ends up being about one side steamrolling the other to win at all costs rather than enjoying it and having a hard-won fair fight
>>
>>320055903
>PvP is actually very strategic and skill bases
Haha what. PVP comes down to whoever is the highest tech-wise and whoever is in the biggest clan.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3377x3165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3377x3165
>>320054874
Absolute cancer
>B-But it's ironic I swear
>>
The design choices in this game confound me. Why make a game where you can get killed while offline? It's not like you can play 24/7 and it means you lose all your shit while you sleep. You might as well just never save and always click New Game.

The kidnapping thing seems odd too. You can be knocked unconscious (or even while offline, I believe?) into another player's house and unable to leave. They can even forcefeed you so you can't die and respawn later. Unless you do new game or whatever you're basically stuck for life.

I can't really see the appeal of this, except for 14 year old nerds finally getting to be the bully for a change.
>>
>>320056617
>Why make a game where you can get killed while offline? It's not like you can play 24/7 and it means you lose all your shit while you sleep.
you're not the target audience
>>
>Not being a naked caveman nigger throwing stones at everyone and everything

Really, Rust is the only Open World Survival Game that is making ground in this genre.
>>
File: 2015-09-27_00022.jpg (336 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-27_00022.jpg
336 KB, 1600x900
>>320056186
This varies server to server. ive been on three and the first was two massive tribes warring for weeks.
The second was dominated by BRs who killed everyone non BR
The third was controlled by a trifecta of mega tribes, my mates and I waited for a month BR made a move, they lost to the USA's, the USA's rooted out the other wetbacks and then consolidated leadership killing the rest of the opposition in other english tribes.

This happened in 3 major wars two of which lasted over a week straight of constant log ins, raids, skirmishes hit and runs server wide from all players.

The skill is in logistics and member management. When a server settles like the three I listed what you say is true, however I would say the hundreds of hours I put in were welllllll worth the brief periods of total war PvP.

Offline raiding is a massive problem but they have implemented fixes for it. If your tribe has no members online for over six hours dont ever expect to beat people more hardcore than you in games.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (226 KB, 1001x781) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
226 KB, 1001x781
>>320052380
>still play ark

>not playing the hottest online survival sand box early access game
>already top selling game in steam

get with the times grandpa
>>
>>320057216
That game sounds like it could be really good or really fucking terrible.
>>
>>320057624
Actually really good from what ive played, although there's a lot of player killers it seems like.
>>
>>320058185
So how did they do the whole "you need to keep doing basic survival shit" thing? Do they just make your hunger and water bar empty real fast or is there something better than that?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.