[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please tell me this Xenoblade Chronicles X screenshot is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: xenobladex2.jpg (214 KB, 1412x783) Image search: [Google]
xenobladex2.jpg
214 KB, 1412x783
Please tell me this Xenoblade Chronicles X screenshot is not from actual gameplay. Please tell me the UI isn't this bad.

Jesus Christ, it would be offensive if it was actually true.
>>
>fingerlessglovemeter.jpg
>>
>>320052006
It is a deep and complex battle system. Not meant for simple people like you, OP. It's a smart people game.
>>
>>320052006

That's the most disgusting hud I've ever seen
>>
It's not the greatest, but this is the worst possible moment to screencap.
>>
>>320052316

You literally can't see the fucking battle that's happening. I don't care how complex it is, it should be turn based if they wanted to fuck it with that many shit on-screen at the same time.
>>
>>320052323
He took a screenshot at the right moment to make it cover the screen. Think powerauras from wow.
>>
>>320052006
You can disable hud elements if you want.
>>
>>320052006
It's real, but you can turn the HUD off
>>
>>320052006
it gets worse when you're actually moving around trying to figure what's going on while trying to move around to the back of the enemy

and sometimes multiple quick time events pop up at th same time but you have to ALWAYS do the 'b' button one before it lets you do the other one

and after you do the 'b' button one a giant thing pops up and flashes saying PERFECT or FAILURE that blocks like five percent of the screen which is a huge problem because it shows up exactly where the other quick time events show up

and the 'b' button quick time event chains itself
>>
>>320052496
See>>320052509
You can see the battle just fine. The ui is actually smaller than chronicles 1.
>>
ITT: dumbfags are triggered by complicated jrpgs. Loving this.
>>
>>320052006
When youre fighting youre only focused on your cooldown, positioning, the random power rings, and the health.
It isnt even remotely hard unless you somehow lack the ability to remotely focus at all.
>>
It is. People give me shit for saying that I don't like the xenoblade battle system, but I don't like it.
>>
>>320052768
it isn't about difficulty it's an ugly cluttered mmo UI cacophony
>>
>>320052895
No its clearly about difficulty since if its truly cluttered you wouldnt be able to see and play shit
>>
>>320052993
Well it's also ugly as sin
>>
>>320052006
It looked like fucking Wing Commander from the thumbnail.
>>
>>320052734
>MMORPG combat
>complicated
lmao at least use a good jrpg combat system to stroke your weeb
>>
>>320052561
>>320052545

But the game's battle system was made with those HUD elements in mind. If you remove the QTE indicators, you won't get them right and will lose bonus. If you remove the overdrive indicator, you won't know how long you have until it ends. If you remove the skill bar, you won't know the skill cooldowns, etc.
>>
>>320052006
It's not hard if you're not retarded. The only resources you have to pay attention to is TP and momentum. Cool downs have secondary and tertiary effects depending on how long you wait. Soul voice prompts aren't complicated as long as you remember the proc conditions and effects. Keeping up TP to extend overdrive times isn't too bad. Positional awareness is needed due to changing effects based on your position relative to the enemy. Weather effects are imply laid out in the ui. Buffs have different levels depending on arts used, but this is just displayed next to your portrait. Battle commands to team members is self explanatory. Skell fuel management is largely passive.
>>
>>320052006
This is an actual screen shot, but:

The text at the bottom-right can be deactivated as it provides no useful information
The yellwo text at the top-left can be deactivated as it provides no useful information
The Skell Fuel gauge at the right can be deactivated as it is redundant since you can already see your fuel next to your character's portrait
The icons over the Skell Fuel gauge can be deactivated as it provides no useful information
The controls on the right can be deactivated once you're familiar with them
The character's faces at the left and the circles at the bottom only appear during battle
The timer at the bottom only appear when you activate Overdrive
The timer at the top-right only appears for three or so specific battles and is never seen otherwise

The levels on top of each monster and other elements and every other elements on the right can be deactived but the information provided is pretty useful so it is not recommended
>>
>>320052316

Hahaha, nintendrones just fucking give it up. Nintendo has abandoned you for gimmicks, mobile, shovelware and physical dlc. Your delusion is pathetic
>>
Good lord, I'm glad I sold my Wii U for some weed.
>>
>>320053763
Why do people get so mad when something is so complicated for them? Is it an ego thing? Seems rather primitive.
>>
>>320053568

Can you provide a picture of a Xeno X battle without the HUD elements you deem useless?
>>
>>320054142
Sure, give me a moment
>>
>>320052006
Don't worry, a lot of dumb children like you complained that they were too dumb for the combat, so the creator said they will make it more retard friendly in the next game.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg (486 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg
486 KB, 1280x720
>>320054142
Here
>>
>>320055303

Thanks for the taking the time to get the screenshot. It looks better, but I wish I could make the UI text smaller. It's still in your face.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.