[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dodged a bullet there, had to lie through my teeth to get a refund
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: steam_controller_retail_3.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
steam_controller_retail_3.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
dodged a bullet there, had to lie through my teeth to get a refund
>>
Details cause I want to get this trash
>>
>>320047438
uncomfortable
>>
>>320047836
Do you have big hands?
>>
>>320048605
going by having compared mine to friends, they're probably a bit larger than average. i wouldn't say size is the biggest issue, but rather the distance from the right trackpad to the buttons, as well as the left trackpad rarely seeing any use, which makes the analogue stick placement unfavourable to me as a xbox 360 controller user
>>
>320048975
Ok. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>320047279
I bought a steam link but I knew the controller was going to be a huge meme so I avoided it
>>
>>320047279
>dodged a bullet
>refund
Isn't that more like took a bullet to the gut and had to pry it out
>>
>>320047438
it's literally a gimmick to sell along side steam machines

and it works on like 2-3 games properly
>>
>>320047279
What did you tell them anon?
>>
File: 1391182325265.gif (3 MB, 199x141) Image search: [Google]
1391182325265.gif
3 MB, 199x141
>Valve wasted their time with broken shit like the Steam controller and Steam link instead of making games or refining the ones they already have like Dota 2
Reborn was such a fucking train-wreck and It's STILL not finished.
>>
>>320047279
Pleb.

I love the controller.
>>
Kinda debating getting a refund on my Steam Link. I have a wired connection, bandwidth isn't a problem but it's still fucky to deal with. I have to nitpick shit enough setting up games graphical settings, now I have to experiment with different hardware decoding/encoding settings on top of everything else. I hear performance is better with NVidia cards, all I know is as an AMD owner I still have lots of black flickering and wildly fluctuating framerates.
>>
>>320051797
>mfw I thought reborn would keep my dota 2 addiction going
>I stopped completely after that update went live

Well, on the good side I got time for other games now, but that update sucked for me and almost every high end user just so some idiot with a toaster could run the game better
>>
File: laughingchaddaddy.jpg (17 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingchaddaddy.jpg
17 KB, 600x401
Thanks for beta testing, I will wait for Steam Link 2.0 with a proper controller not blanded up the ass by focus groups.
>>
>>320047279
Retard detected
>>
better than typical controllers imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ3_-5SuHrk
>>320050553
it works with anything you've just got to go to the trouble of setting it up
>>
>>320052485
You know you can use a 360 or PS4 controller on Steam Link right?
>>
>>320047279
its a good controller. I can play Oblivion on the couch now.
>>
>>320049642
do you even know what meme means?
>>
>>320052149
are you on the beta builds of steam and steam link?
>>
I like mine.
>>
>>320052726
the normal steam link is still a bit fuckey. there is no on off button you have to mash on your controller to wake it up.
>>
File: steam-controller-back.jpg (76 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
steam-controller-back.jpg
76 KB, 600x400
Can we talk about these beauties right here?
If the PS5 controller doesn't have grip buttons then sony can go fuck themselves for holding back controllers
>>
File: 1439650173169.gif (907 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1439650173169.gif
907 KB, 500x394
>>320047279

I had a similar experience, didn't have to lie thought just kicked up a stink with the store manager in front of Christmas shoppers. The Controller and Link were effectively useless so I wasn't leaving without a refund.

My thoughts:

>Haptic feedback is fucking noisy, it's like an irritating constant geiger counter.
>Touchpads are dogshit, I tried all manner of sensitivities and settings but they are just awful and no substitute for a Xbox360/One/PS4/Wii U pad with dual analogues.
>The plastic is very cheap feeling I found it extremely uncomfortable after 20+ minutes of play (I have quite small hands).
>Rear 'paddles' are fucking awful. They feel nasty and actuate too easily, great for twitch gameplay I'm sure but irritating otherwise.
>The buttons are tiny and awkwardly placed beneath the touchpad.
>I loathe the shoulder buttons and triggers. Actuating the click on the touchpads or the shoulder buttons feels plain nasty.
>Analogue feels a little too loose.
>Not a biggie but no rumble/force feedback.

Good things:

>Customisation is incredibly deep. Lots of old games are now gamepad playable quickly thanks to community profiles.
>Can use touchpad on regular desktop.
>Typing messages to friends from the sofa is easy.
>>
>>320052357
>reborn has been live since months
>game still crashes when everyone spawns in all random more
>>
>>320052715
yea anything I plug into USB with some buttons could work, but it's still shit
>>
I actually like swiping the touchpads better than tilting a stick
>>
>>320053080
That's why I really want to pick up one of these. At $170 Canuckistan bucks ($150 USD)...fuck, that's a lot of money though.
>>
>>320052715
This is sad to watch.
>>
>>320052827
Meme has been changing in meaning. It now roughly means "anything I don't like". For christ's sake, open up your eyes and pay attention to how people use the word, you fucking idiot.
>>
I watched a review and it didn't seem that bad. I don't think it would be any louder than a keyboard and clicking.

Probably just use it on certain FPS games and more laid back games like Project Zomboid or Cities Skylines.

Only major qualm I have with the Steam Controller is the build quality, the plastic looks like a fucking water gun.
>>
>>320053357
Is it really that expensive in Canada? I just bought 2 as Christmas gifts (my friends can test them out for me).
>>
>>320052958
Yep. I have the extra hardware encoding options available in big picture mode. AMD hardware encoding is there, but not recommended for the link. Different options work better for different games. Also, some games work better in borderless windowed mode and some are a disaster unless it's fullscreen. I can usually figure it out after some fucking around, but some games like the Witcher 3 are just a total loss on the Link. Overall it's just a huge disappointment with how tedious and unsmooth the process is.
>>
>>320051797
>making games
Valve doesn't make games
Valve buys modding teams
>>
File: 1450005818433.jpg (118 KB, 748x948) Image search: [Google]
1450005818433.jpg
118 KB, 748x948
where are you guys buying yours from? amazon? i cant buy it from steam in my country yet. thinking about getting one because I am sick of sitting on a fucking office chair to play vidya.
>>
>>320056549
Got mine from amazon because steam doesn't ship to my country Alaska yet.
>>
>>320056549
I got it from Gamestop, because with shipping it's 10 bucks more expensive.

So if you have a Gamestop in your country you might check there.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.