[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think she's right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: tweet.png (77 KB, 636x591) Image search: [Google]
tweet.png
77 KB, 636x591
Do you think she's right?
>>
The NX needs to be on the level of the PS5 or it will flop, if it's less powerful than a PS4 no one will want it
>>
File: 1400812698105.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1400812698105.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>320040950
>PS4
>Power
Laughed to be honest
>>
>>320040950
the nx is the dreamcast of this generation
prove me wrong
>>
>>320041271
Anytime someone makes comparisons to Dreamcast, it only highlights how underage they are.

DC failed because Sega was beyond fucked financially and was literally destroying itself from the inside. Say what you will about localization, but thats very much not the case with Nintendo which is literally turning profits every year.
>>
So is Nintendo going to catch up to PS3/Xbox 360 this gen?
>>
>>320041185
Doubt it'll happen. Nintendo's biggest success was when they made an underpowered system. They'll aim for that again.
>>
NX is dead in the water then.

You have to remember that the biggest reason the Dreamcast failed was because retailers got sick of wasting their shelf space on Sega products that didn't sell.
>>
>>320041586
explain how nintendo isnt bleeding money idiot
>>
>>320041680
Shit posting aside, isn't the Wii U about as or slightly more powerful than the PS3/360?
>>
>>320041835
>explain how nintendo isnt bleeding money idiot
making 500 million$ a year for starter.
>>
>makes this comment
>all that damage control after saying how he's not really sure
>refuses to say if its a handheld or a console despite claiming he knows what it is
>>
>people demand power yet still play console
the worst of the worst. Sacrificing stability for an illusion of power really is retarded. It would be fine if they would optimize it for the consoles so that it runs smoothly but this just isn't the case anymore, nintendo is the only one thats reliably pushing out stable frames on almost every game while looking great.
>>
>>320041835
3DS and Amiibos.
>>
>>320041934
nope, it's way more powerful, since it has 2 screen to render and still manage to keep 60 fps in many games.
>>
>>320040950
The NX hasn't even made an official appearance yet. Until then, everything is rumor.
>>
>>320041835

They are on the Wii U, it's just that the 3DS and Amiibo have helped offset that.
>>
>>320041835
Financial reports, try google you shitposting fuckface
>>
>>320041185
Yeah like everyone didn't buy WiiU because it came out when Ps4 and Xbox1 did. Nintendrones will buy anything Nintendo puts out regardless. They could prepackage shit, slap a sticker on it saying it's Yoshi poop and people will buy it. For fuck sake they're buying singular Smash Amiibos when all that data they hold can easily be put into one. They know this but don't care because it's NIntendo and will gladly do it all over again when the next smash game comes out for NX. Nintendo will pull some bullshit to force people to buy the same Amiibos all over again due to "totally different technology."
>>
>>320041934
Significantly more, but offsetting the power demands of the tablet is a significant burden on the system's power.

The hardware for the tablet is also specialized, which drives up the cost, meaning they are not nearly as strong as they would be if the tablet controller is not a thing.

Play a game like splatoon and you really appreciate what can be done wtih the tablet, though. You can assess the entire flow of battle with a peek at the map, and the touchscreen allows you to pick a specific jump location from a potentially huge number.
>>
>>320041215
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_%28physics%29
>>
File: 1375650987552.png (262 KB, 504x529) Image search: [Google]
1375650987552.png
262 KB, 504x529
>>320040950
>She
No seriously I'm not even making a tranny joke Tamaki is a dude.
>>
>>320041687

unless this is something like VR, no gimmick they make will ever reach Wii levels again
>>
>>320041835
3DS and Amiibos.
>>
>>320040950
having owned ds and 3ds, ( skipped wii/ wii u) I shan't be buying nintendo again. They are truly the Lords of the underpowered. Single handedly destroying the handheld market with underpowered fluff. I want to like nintendo for handheld on the go play, their history is playing cards, game and watch, ds. However, I have formed an opinion not easily shaken, they will Never release a powerful handheld that breaks 720p barrier, and for that reason, i say, goodbye.
>>
>>320045046
They won't miss you, you graphics whore
>>
>>320041687
They already did it again and failed. Did you forget the WiiU exists? I wouldn't blame you.
>>
>>320041835
They're the only company profiting right now.
>>
>>320046010
I'm not keeping up with who's doing financially well, but how isn't sony profiting? Too big of a loss on the ps3?
>>
>>320040950
Probably.

A gimmicky toy with decent hardware would cost way too much to produce.
>>
feel like Nintendo is trying to sell me fucking the new version of gigapets or something.

They need to fix their shit, if this twitter rumor is true. If not. This will be the 3rd gen that I haven't fucked with. Now they really are irrelevant.
>>
>>320041271

Dreamcast was technologically superior to the PS2. The Gamecube was the shit visually when it came out, but they are trying to release it for the 4th time now.
>>
>>320047649
The playstation division is doing great, it's the rest of Sony which isn't doing well.
>>
>>320041742

Or the fact that the Dreamcast failed because 10 years ago SEGA was fucking themselves over.

Also no DVD drive like the PS2.
>>
>>320041835
Wii U is bleeding money but at a much slower rate than the Xbone is for Microsoft, comparatively. Keep in mind that both Sm4sh and Splatoon did extremely well, and Xeno X might convince more people to the console.

The 3DS literally prints money, as do Amiibos. Not only that, but Nintendo is the only company with a considerable amount of money in reserves.
The NX could flop harder than the Dreamcast and they'd still have enough money to make the next system.
If the PS4 had bombed, Sony would've dropped out of the video game market as a whole.
>>
>>320048136
IGNORED
>>
>>320044325
They could jump on VR since its a gimmick thats definitely one and done kind of deal similar to motion controls. I hope they actually make a serious console though without cheap gimmicks. Just imagine if the 3ds cut the 3d shit and just focused on haveing better visuals it would have been way better. Same could be said for wiiu since almost nothing even utalized the touch screen.
>>
>>320049769
i would really enjoy 3ds more without 3d, and an oled screen. i nnever have the 3d slider engaged, its shit, and the 3d effect is just 2d sprites appearing on a 2d flat plane to be closer or farther away . how shit is that. why cant chinks get their factories to churn out better 2d screens with more vibrancy and pop than stock. i guess they are also too dumb, afterall. stock screens r shit.
>>
it's becoming more apparent that the NX is basically a Wii U taken even more into the handheld realm

since all of Nintendo's money is coming from handhelds and peripherals they're going to embrace it and make the a super-powerful handheld system
>>
File: 1423763001032.jpg (924 KB, 1056x3401) Image search: [Google]
1423763001032.jpg
924 KB, 1056x3401
>>320050427
exactly I just want a better screen. It doesnt need to be more powerful or any of that shit. I just want to be able to see the shit i'm playing.

If vita just had monster hunter instead I wouldn't even need a damn 3ds and I could play on a good screen or hell even a normal tv. Just look at this pixelated shit
>>
>>320049053
Not only that, but you also have to consider demographics, Nintendo's presence in Japan, and even America, is extremely large, and some would say the Xbox has that type of expose in the US, but besides that, Nintendo's IP's are far too large for Nintendo to not make a profit off of them, It'd be like Disney not being able to make money off of their Princesses.
>>
>>320040950
Who even is that faggot to even make it follow or care what he says.
Everyone can say this but won't give a fuck.
>>
>>320051462
if you want to see more, you need higher resolution, so it does need to be more powerful.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.