[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, Give me your cool video game ideas. I'll take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12
File: mdob0cqai8caw1mwfsz9.gif (60 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
mdob0cqai8caw1mwfsz9.gif
60 KB, 636x358
Hey /v/,
Give me your cool video game ideas.
I'll take anything
Concepts, mechanics, etc.
>>
>>320039731
Your character has an actual mood that affects how well you do in anything and everything. Kind of like Sims but not in a casual game.
>>
>>320041082
Cool, reminds me of the "realistic" mechanics in hardcore apocalypse games (Not any of them are good)
>>
>>320039731
Okay, so you play as OP and you just chug gallons and gallons of semen all day and all night.
>>
Missile Command except the ground you're on is a soundwave for a song playing in the background
>>
A game where you play as a serial killer that died as a result of other serial killers killing you, and when you die the grim reaper turns you into an agent of death because of the way you lived your life. You go around solving puzzles and killing people that need to die, and the main story involves you going against the grim reaper to kill the guys that killed you, and by doing so puss the grim reaper off so he sends the other agents of death against you, and eventually you have to kill the grim reaper and usurp his throne and become the new one yourself.
>>
>>320039731
Spore 2 with removed features
>>
>>320042867
kek
>>
File: tumblr_m4tmtcgDm61rwzsbso1_500.gif (449 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4tmtcgDm61rwzsbso1_500.gif
449 KB, 450x300
>>320041082
>>320041964
>>320042145
I like it, keep going.
>>
>>320043261
The nice thing about my grim reaper idea, it can be put in any setting. Modern Manhattan? Sure. Feudal Japan? Fuck it why not. Ancient Egypt? Uh huh. Literally any setting. Even a futuristic scifi setting could work.
>>
>>320043604
I like it too, but it might be to linear alone.
>>
>>320042145
Isn't this the story behind God of War?
>>
>>320043898
I can see the similarities I guess. I didn't really draw from that as I've only played 3. But of course tweaking is a necessary part of making a game.
>>
>>320043898
Maybe, but I'm imagining it on a much lower scale then gods of war
>>
>>320039731
You know the action segments in Undertale where you dodge various personalized projectiles?
Like that, but in a "normal" game with complex RPG elements that isn't pushing an anti-violence message (not necessarily wrong BTW), and you can produce bullet patterns of your own that enemy AI has to dodge.
>>
>>320044105
It's legit a copy of God of war. Just replace grim reaper with ares
>>
Like dwarf fortress where the world breathes and moves without you, but more randomized (And better graphics)
You are randomly thrown into any character into the world and you have to acquire knowledge of your surroundings each time to live on. Slow paced, hardcore and immersive.
>>
>>320044639
Don't you think it would be easy for the AI to dodge that kind of stuff?
>>
What if there is a game where you become someone new every hour, but you dont know what this person does as a job or what they say to people or who they know, and you must find out this infomation by looking at what they have in there office and house, after you find this info you must go to your work and talk to there friends and go home and talk to there wife and children(if they have any) and you must try and make them think your the real person.
>>
>>320044957
And every mainstream fps is a copy of the others. Just replace all the enemies with Russians or Pakistanis. Your point?
>>
>>320045095
This is the idea I had with >>320044962
But set in medieval and a 2D sidescroller.
>>
>>320039731
You fight by drawing three different symbols with your mouse. either clicking, drawing a line, or an L, either upside down or regular. each symbol is a different attack, and you combo them together for different boosts. That's the basic way to explain it, but my idea goes a lot deeper
>>
>>320045175
True, its pretty hard to have a bad concept. The actual mechanics and game play is what boils it down.
>>
File: SPICEY MEATBALLS.jpg (65 KB, 365x531) Image search: [Google]
SPICEY MEATBALLS.jpg
65 KB, 365x531
>>320045219
Lol, i didnt even read your when i made mine.
Wasnt trying to copy anything.
>>
>>320045376
Honestly I'm not sure what kind of game it would have to be to be fun. Haven't really thought about the mechanics yet.
>>
>>320045331
I had an idea similar but more free moving,
Hold right click and move mouse to block in different directions.
Hold left click and move to thrust and slash in different directions.
Is this kind of what you meant?
>>
>>320045442
kek, well that's cool that we had the same idea.
Makes me feel less creative though xD
>>
>>320045508
Well if you did think of the mechanics it probably wouldn't have fit into other things like ancient Egypt.
>>
>>320045881
Nah, I still kind of think it could. It just depends really.
>>
bamp
>>
File: artificial_intelligence.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
artificial_intelligence.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>320045038
Nah, even the most advanced PC games have AI that occasionally fails to find an open door. It's not hard to program a game character to be stupid.
>>
File: 1432072055648.gif (477 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1432072055648.gif
477 KB, 500x350
So you're a Ninja and in order to do ninja things you need to spin your shuriken.
>>
>>320046494
kekwut
>>
WHO STOLE MY QUADS
>>320046666
>>
What if your hole live was a game, being played by someone else, and that someone else is reading a guide on what to do, and you are writing that guide.
>>
>>320046109
That webm is so fitting.
>>
>Set in a fantasy medieval "cartoon-style" mmorpg world
>youre a literally who
>no ultimate destiny, no grand quest
>survive and make currency by exploring a vast world and fulfilling quests both combat-oriented and not
>'exhaustion' guage forces players after questing binges to go to town and relax and socialize in various ways (or log out to another alt)
>(social classes such as bard, dancer, chef, lady/man of the night help speed up exhaustion recovery)
>leveling up once allows one point in a weapon proficiency and one point in a crafting/gathering proficiency
>every three levels, you get three bonus points for base stats (int, dex, str, cha, end)
>endgame consisting of 5-10 man group challenge quests
>use money to buy legendary armor and weapons, buy a noninstanced house, shop, or farm, or recruit npc soldiers and become a warlord
>>
>>320044639
I haven't played undermeme but are you describing a bullet hell?
>>
>>320047174
Kinda like Star Wars Galaxies. I like it.
>>
>>320047174
I like the overall concept but is it just me or are all mmorpg's just... the same.
"MMO" just implies it will have lots of players in one world
"RPG" implies its just a role playing game
and yet all MMORPG follow a lot more then just that pattern.
I like the buying legendary weapons and armor part and the level up system but is there anything else that makes this game stand out?
Explain further.
>>
>>320047426
I might be.
Do bullet hells typically let you fine-tune your stats, powers and items like an RPG to make different bullet patterns?
>>
Tetris clone, but instead of having lines of blocks disappear, it switches you to a breakout type game to get rid of the blocks
>>
>>320047919
Well... no... But they can!
>>
>>320047919
I never really like bullet hell games, they don't feel involving enough to me. The controls are usually the same and they aren't that intense. But you mentioned dodging bullets, which sounds it can be hella intense to me, but would it be hard or take any skill?
>>
>>320047791
Its a free-for-all in terms of factions. Join a guild and join their faction, be a warlord and in a way become an end-game boss, or be a loner.

I was thinking it could be supported by a town law/ bounty hunter system as to dissuade murderers and bandits. You commit a crime and NPCs that witnessed it will naturally attempt to report it, and players that witness crimes can play hero for a big fee or report it to npc authorities for a smaller one
>>
>>320039731
Doom MMOFPS.
>>
>He think game ideas matter
Actual game design takes quite a few pages
>>
File: yamabiko's specialty echo.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yamabiko's specialty echo.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>320047919
No, a game in which the player could make their own patterns would be shit due to either the lack of variation in the patterns the player can chose or vast over complication of being able to fine tune down to a minute level.
>>
>>320048039
I like taking classic titles and making them really realistic and different, a twist.

Pacman
>You play as a man lost in a maze filled with ghosts, You have a flashlight with you, you must collect batteries scattered around the maze, you can use the flashlight to kill the ghost.

Space invaders
>You play as a mobile torrent operator to shoot down an army of invaders (space ships)
>>
A futuristic supersonic dogfighter sim set in the upper limits of the stratosphere, imagine dogfighting at speeds of Mach 7, seeing the enemy for a few split seconds to engage before he is several miles away from you the next second, you input your attack ahead of time, what missiles and cannon ammount to use and the computer onboard the plane acts it out automatically once the plane enters firing range and you also have to respond to enemy attacks, outrunning Mach 7 missiles and sprays of lead just like you dish out. Its not a perfect aimbot sort of system though.
>>
>>320048468
I love it. Its what Elder scrolls online should have been
A world that throws the illusion that its breathing (like the actual elder scrolls like Skyrim)
but elder scrolls online ended up being as frozen as any other MMO RPG.
With this the player actually effects the world.
I'm >>320047791
btw
>>
>>320041082
Cataclysm DDA has skill gain scaling with morale.
Works pretty well - doesn't make it into a "buff", but stays significant.
>>
Medieval RTS's with formations. I.E. AoE2 but having 20 spearmen grouped up to make some kind of pike wall or w/e depending on the unit gives them massive bonuses that you have to counter with i dunno, other shit. TW games are too boring for me to play.
>>
>>320049343
Cossacks.
>>
>>320046109
Stupid AIs tend to become stupid in predictable ways.
You'd just have to find a pattern that the AI will always fuck up at dodging.

Unless... the AI was a constantly training neural network or genetic algorithm.
Which would be pretty revolutionary in vidya.
>>
>>320048862
>torrent
well that's a new one.
>>
A magician game with a shit-ton of tricks you can choose to do to win over the crowd.
>>
File: John_Harris__19_.jpg (691 KB, 3000x2154) Image search: [Google]
John_Harris__19_.jpg
691 KB, 3000x2154
>>>/hr/2496303
>>>/hr/2496302
>>>/hr/2496298

Sci-fi cyberpunk game that looks like those pics.
>>
File: 1448123413181.jpg (21 KB, 273x270) Image search: [Google]
1448123413181.jpg
21 KB, 273x270
You're a god/spirit/whatever that guards a party of adventurers.
You cast buffs and heals at them.

Like being a healer in MMO, except single player and you don't get called a retard when everyone fucks up.
>>
>>320049417
yea i guess, but a lot more different units i guess. pikemen, hoplites, legions of swords and alike. Total war but RTS. since the AI spams nothing but slingers or horse archers against ur perfectly balanced army anyway. so you can always have fun compositions on the go
>>
>>320041082
Sounds cool.
But then again hunger/thirst systems in game tend to be relatively - picky, which turns into - boring.
The character doesn't feel like me when that happens and you end up babying them.
BUT
I did notice that when the system is more interactive then just, eat - drink.
Like having to actually hunt your food down, skin it, cook it, etc.
And maybe we could have a more interactive system with moods. Finding unique ways to entertain yourself, having you're character mood change depending on their specific attributes (Not like sims either) and having the moods effect everything you do, that could be an interesting mechanic in a game, as long as it itself is actually fun, not just for aesthetics.
>>
Fighting game with bonuses for syncing your attacks with music.
>>
>>320049814
Do those pics give you any ideas more then a Sci-fi cyberpunk game? looks interesting depending on what its like. Tell me more!
>>
>>320049824
Sounds like a strategy game, interesting. Would it be slow/fast paced? hardcore/casual? intense? what?
>>
>>320050092
Bonuses for syncing your attacks sounds nice.
But that would only be awarding if there was,
consequences for fucking up.
>>
>>320050602
Consequence of fucking up would be low damage.
Bosses would understand it and sync their own rhythm to make player do stupid shit like attacking for singles and exposing self for a counter attack.

And then when the player got hit hard, the music would change to the boss' theme, forcing a change of pace.
>>
>>320050956
I like it sounds atmosphere based with the music.
With combat there's always 3 things I notice that make it nice:
Looks cool - (Usually street fighter and other slashers have this)
Requires Skill - (Dark souls)
Intense - (Usually supported by requiring skill, or by heavy consequences making the player want to not fuck up) Which is what makes it feel awarding in dark souls when you win
>>
Bumb
>>
File: lf_261.jpg (1 MB, 2061x3000) Image search: [Google]
lf_261.jpg
1 MB, 2061x3000
>>320050267
They give tons of ideas but none that I can articulate well or cohesively enough or with enough effort right now, these images all spark the imagination though and bring to mind lots of crazy possibilities but to actually describe it in a cohesive manner is just too much effort I suck at that
>>
Obese Kirby-like American food adventure
You get bonuses from food
You lose HP for being hungry
You regen HP for being overfed
Different foods give different bonuses
Limited enemies mean you have to go fast
>>
dwarf fortress with good ui 20 years in advance
>>
Plantation simulator where you buy negroes and have to motivate them to pick cotton, not steal, not murder and not run away from your abuse.
>>
>>320051632
Understood, oh well.
The impression they gave me was a war based race vs race type game, placed in whatever galaxy, but with a unique atmosphere to it. But I'm not sure where the player would fit in all of this controlling the war? a race? maybe one soldier.
>>
>>320052105
and then you teach him how to shoot up schools.
>>
Multiplayer jew simulator.
Goyim only gain a limited amount of money per month, everyone wants to jew that money by selling them stuff.
You set up shops, ads, restaurants and websites to make idiots part with their money.
Meanwhile you also try to make your rivals lose money, by shitting on their brands, fucking up area near their restaurants, paying bums to smell near their shops etc.
>>
>>320052257
But more then just war, Economy, politics, etc. (maybe not a managing simulator but still big)
>>
File: 1448422350102.jpg (103 KB, 697x693) Image search: [Google]
1448422350102.jpg
103 KB, 697x693
>>320052564
>>
3D remake/spiritual successor of that ancient alley cat game
You're a cat in a shitty alley, you enter people's houses through windows and do minigames of shit that cats do
>eat fish out of aquarium
>catch rodents
>scratch furniture while avoiding brooms
>avoid bigger pets
>eat smaller pets
>>
Physics based FPS.
Not physics based in HL2 "grab toilet, launch as projectile" sense, but with players being manipulable themselves, so you can grab a nigga and throw him into spikes while he tries to do the same to you.
>>
Recently fell in love with the idea of a Half Life game set after the events of Episode 2 but on another continent, it would be an RPG and focus on humanity rising up against the Combine opressors after hearing of the events in Half Life 2. In this game the Combine are weakened due to being cut off from their Homeworld now, and humans are starting to organize and retake territory, and liberate others, while the Combine try hard to maintain order and control.

I think it would be an RPG and you would start out in a liberated human city, you can join two major factions, the general anti-combine resistance and the xeno purgers who go into the deepest darkest and most infested places to cleanse Earth of Xen scum, barnacles, headcrabs, all alien flora and fauna.

Vehicles would be utilized, and as a result the map is huge, maybe even open world, or just linear but huge.

I want it to be something similar to the way Fallout games are but more in line with Fallout 1 and 2 where humanity is rebuilding and regaining their strength and will and theres a much higher chance and opportunity for some areas to really return to normal functioning unlike in the Fallout games. So there are cities and towns where the Combine have been driven out but the headcrabs, barnacles, and all those unpleasant alien lifeforms still roam and in some areas they're a larger threat than the Combine and a collective thought has taken over much of humanity here where they believe in order for everything to return to normal the Earth must be cleansed of all aliens and xenos and all those unnatural things, so there would be dangerous missions to go in with squads to Ravenholm like towns or clear out miles of sewers and drains and infrastructure from all xeno lifeforms to slowly return Earth to normal.

While the other focus is on liberating more places from Combine control and reeastablishing trade, and contact between all continents again.

Not sure where the Vortiguant would fit into all this though
>>
>>320053182
MOBA?
>>
>>320053284
FPS ASSFAGGOTS? Could work too
ASSFAGGOTS without leveling and grinding would also be an interesting idea that could un-shit the genre
>>
>>320052257
They give me the impression of a very atmospheric game, many core worlds that look like the cities in the paintings and then several more distant discovered empty worlds that are littered sith megastructures like that >>320049814 one.

Maybe an RPG, its important for me when I look at these paintings and imagine them in a game, its important that I can actually move around inside them and walk among them, so not like an RTS where they serve as mere backdrops, but fully modeled in game objects that you can explore, to a degree.

Not sure where tomtake the story or gameplay of such a thing, maybe I just want one of those interactive walking simulators where you explore and walk around all this stuff, experiencing it and revelling in the atmosphere but it would be much for fun if you build a whole game of sorts around it all too... cyberpunk noir RPG maybe? Who knows.
>>
>>320053656
I understand what you mean with the atmosphere but I feel that it has more potential then just aesthetics. The mega-structures and everything make me feel really small in the game, which I like! but being able to effect it to is important too. I think the game aesthetics are to big to be noir. RPG though. I don't know. Maybe it could be just a game where you watch a unique society? If its interesting enough. You mentioned it being fun if you build a whole game of sorts around it too, it sounds like you're not directly involved with the events going on the the game but you *could* be if you tried. This idea can go many many ways
>>
File: 1428553700146.gif (2 MB, 402x332) Image search: [Google]
1428553700146.gif
2 MB, 402x332
DICK
MOTION
CONTROLS
>>
>>320054431
People here don't want you.
>>
Harvest Moon
With multiplayer
On moon
>>
>>320054212
Hmm, now I'm thinking gameplay and crazy batshit insane story of E.Y.E. set in a world that looks like that.

Hell yes.
>>
>>320055195
Now we're talking! E.Y.E is definitely a unique game. What about atmosphere? I want a lot of atmosphere but at the same time a lot a game-play along with it, interactive atmosphere if you will. Fighting, looting, etc.
>>
I want to see a proper multiplayer GTAV, dont caare who makes it, just that they dont bow down to corporate dickwaving and quit development midway through.

Imagine the crazy shit modders could do with a free and open GTAV we would probably see speciality servers for one gamemode or another, crazy all out no rules servers where chaos reigns with 100 players or more. And even more niche servers like police mod and prophunt, imagine prop hunt in fucking GTAV, maybe limit the play area to not the whole map but it would be still fun as fuck.

I just want to see GTAV MP become like Garrysmod where you have RP servers, DM servers, open world sandbox servers, build servers, zombie survival servers, with all popular mods ported for multiplayer use.

And maybe one mega server with 300 slots or something like that, where cheats and mods are disabled and as much SP assets are brought in to give players everything to interact with, without bullshit like shark cards, insurance, and bad player lobbies to kill the fun.

I want to see GTAV set free, not this dog on a tight leash that it is now because muh moneycards much microtransactions.
>>
What if there was a game where everyone playing was a website, and you could design yourself and rise to the top and be the best website.
>>
bumperino
>>
File: Chateau_Wood_Ypres_1917.jpg (129 KB, 800x769) Image search: [Google]
Chateau_Wood_Ypres_1917.jpg
129 KB, 800x769
>>
>>320057978
Kind of like that game 1916 (But no fucking dinosaurs) where you're set in a world war 1 trench as you feel the war play all around you, shots firing, grenades popping, planes crashing. people shouting. etc. and maybe hardcore realistic combat?
>>
A 3d multiplayer third person shooter with wobbly physics and procedurally generated animation in the style of Gang Beasts, Exanima or Euphoria engine. Bullets have strong impacts on the characters.

The kind of game that you play with friends while getting drunk.
>>
>multiplayer game with text-only chat
>all players are assigned random code names and player models
>one random player is given a gun with one bullet
>everyone has to convince him to shoot somebody else
>after someone dies all the names and models are switched around
>whoever gets shot the least wins

Bonus: one of the players is an AI
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>320049459
This gave me an idea anon.
You're a scientist working on a pretty top notch goverment secret experiment. It goes wrong and you get poisoned with something reducing your lifetime to 15 years along with everyone else in the experiment getting killed. But there was this worker who has a 3 years old child. Since this was a secret experiment and all that "the goverment is evil!" Shit applies here you're forced at gunpoint to raise the child with a hidden identity so the experiment doesn't go out of cover from the goverment lies (maybe something like "loco experiment kills everyone within it's facility, cause unknown" and then it's up to you to decide how to raise the kid, until you die. The best part of this is that all that I just said was only the intro and the game will play acording of how you raised the child
So what do you think /v/?
>>
>>320039731
a kart racer/dating sim with secret bonus balloon stages and beanstalks into coin heaven
>>
Don't die thread
>>
>>320062820
Well.... I like it the concept and story.
But what would the game play even be?
>>
>>320063803
I was thinking something like beth's fallout but better, like better shotting mechanics (a human enemy has just as much health as you do, that and you also have a realistic amount of health), something like a refined factions system (there are major factions and you will react to them depending on your raisers definition of what's good and bad, for example, you can't prove to someone that stealing is bad if your own father taught you that stealing is nothing wrong and you should take every chance of stealing something) with some major factions not even getting in touch along each other, giving a bigger sense of map scale. Also as always you should try to take the pacific route, as it is the easiest
>>
Right to the archive, right? ;_;
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.