[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should fighting games take this much time to git gud with a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: LaughedmorethanIshould.png (12 KB, 563x238) Image search: [Google]
LaughedmorethanIshould.png
12 KB, 563x238
Should fighting games take this much time to git gud with a single character?
>>
>>320029489
No, it's stupid arcade quarter snatching throwback bullshit but so's the genre so fuck it.
>>
File: 1448696671307.png (253 KB, 468x574) Image search: [Google]
1448696671307.png
253 KB, 468x574
Typical of a lonely American to think that every person's priority in life is some pussy.
>>
>>320030052
I was just curious whether the best korean SF4 player was drowning in pussies? I found google's answer funny

Anyway, I'm shit at SF4 with my Sagat and I can't hope to get gud in my life time considering how much practice you must endure and how many time you must bite the dust to git gud.

I have fun with smash while learning. SF4 is generally an excuse to listen music albums.
>>
>>320030598
Smash is unique in that you can learn most of it while just playing matches. Traditional 2d requires much more time grinding it out in the lab
>>
>>320030598
Nigga SF4 takes no skill compared to any half-way complex fightan, it's just you not practicing properly,

No matter how much you smash your head against a wall, it's not coming down unless you use a hammer.
>>
File: 1449127667507.png (108 KB, 485x500) Image search: [Google]
1449127667507.png
108 KB, 485x500
>>320031760
I played the trial section to death already, and I still can't do the last ones. When you see how difficult it is to chain two light kicks even though it is just pressing twice on the same button, i cannot not feel depressed. I'm thinking of giving up SF4 to start from the beginning ont SF5.

Actually Rising Thunder gave me more knowledge about basic things in fighting games and usable in any of them than SF4.
>>
>>320032251
See
>>320032665
Those frame links are a real bitch. Even pros drop them seomtimes
>>
>>320031760
Melee has a fair amount of grinding movement to get shit right, but yeah it's intriguingly more efficient to do even that in actual matches so you learn efficient application of the shit you're doing.
>>
>>320033161
Not really, links are overstimated by many simply because people won't actually go into practice mode and constantly do them for an hour.

SF isn't even my primary game and I can pull off the bread'n'butters.
>>
>>320035393
But a frame link is nothing. It represents nothing. You can't say you actually achieved anything by doing over and over the exact same chain so you could master the exact dely between the inputs. What you learned by doing that is a tiny puzzle piece which is useless alone.
Why does it must take so much time?
>>
>>320036368
>What you learned by doing that is a tiny puzzle piece which is useless alone.
Of course links aren't everything, but>>320033161
pointed it out as a problem for getting good.

My points still remain.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.