[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Steam controller is a good controller What did PC gamers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: steam controller.jpg (323 KB, 2065x652) Image search: [Google]
steam controller.jpg
323 KB, 2065x652
>The Steam controller is a good controller

What did PC gamers mean by this?
>>
>>320017713
Did anyone really think this controller would be good?
>>
>>320017713
>What did PC gamers mean by this?
Obvious bait.
Everyone with a brain has a xbox controller.
>>
God Tier: Xbox 360

good tier: Xbox One

Neutral tier: Steam controller & Ps4 controller

Shit tier: ps3 controller
>>
>>320018408
This is literally the truth.
>>
I love it. Although if i'm playing a game reliant on a D-pad im sure as hell aint using it.

Otherwise for FPS i think its objectively better than a traditional controller.

>that feel when set your triggers to activate at wherever you want
>that feel when you can decrease sensitivity on track pad when pulling triggers to steady shots
>that overwhelming amount of customization

shit is sweet
>>
>>320018408
>>320018562
How is the 360 pad better than the boner?
>>
>>320018408
if you're willing to give up shoulder triggers (i sure am) than the wii u pro controller is better than all of them
>>
>>320019637
Trigger buttons and bumpers are better.
>>
>>320020878
Howso?
>>
File: kfc iphone case.jpg (42 KB, 570x308) Image search: [Google]
kfc iphone case.jpg
42 KB, 570x308
>>320018767
>mfw using the gyro to aim more precicely
>>
>>320017713
They simply meant it's a good FPS controller, which it is. Playing doom on this controller is super comfy.
>>
>>320017912
steamdrones legitimately did
>>
>>320021096
If you're trying to get a controller for your PC get the xbone controller
The people that say the 360 controller is better still own one and haven't gotten the new one yet
360 was really good while it lasted though
>>
>>320020109
a lot of people arent which is why its trash
>>
>>320022737
It doesn't make sense. Console companies spend millions on controller design. Valve looks like they found some cool gimmick and decided to make something around it without caring about usability.
>>
>>320017713
I'm not sure I understand. What's the issue here? It's not like you're going to be dropping your steam controller into a pool.
>>
>>320023086
>Valve looks like they found some cool gimmick
Well they aren't wrong.

Controllers are a gimmick just like consoles.
>>
>>320018408
v2 xbone pad>360 pad>v1 xbone pad
>>
>>320023220
They are usable though.
>>
>>320023086
Controller design really hasn't changed much in the recent years. Companies have pretty much iterated on the same design each generation without changing the core design that came from pretty much the original dualshock controller from PS1. The issue with the steam controller is that it was so vastly different that it was hard to tell if the changes were actually good or if it was just some gimmicky thing and it turned out it was more of the latter. But then again, because it's so different, there's bound to be some sort of niche that will develop around it.
>>
>>320017713
>>The Steam controller is a good controller

>What did PC gamers mean by this?
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>320023220
So it's ok when vavle does it the.
>>
>>320023871
*then
>>
Should have just put the haptics in a hole.
>>
>>320018408
If the 360 was 20 bucks new it'd be god tier but for only a few more extra you can get the xboner controller and its overall much more well made.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.