[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SWOTOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1421096191305.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1421096191305.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
I've been watching the movies in preparation for the launch of 7, and I must confess I've been looking at trying Tortanic.

Is it really as awful as it was before and up to release?

Will I feel forced to use the cash-shop if I'm willing to drop a few dimes on a subscription?
>>
File: love.jpg (23 KB, 181x236) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
23 KB, 181x236
>>320015520
If you've already played all the other KoTORs and you're just looking for a Star Wars, its not as bad as everyone says. But it isn't that great either.
>>
>>320015738

I have! I beat KOTOR1 and 2 recently, but I feel my Star Wars itch still going.

Any class I should play if I choose to partake?

Will I feel terribly jewed out of content if I don't drop subscription bucks on it?
>>
Why don't you just play a good star wars game, or any good game for that matter
>>
>>320015907
Since you'll be playing them for the story, whatever you'd like. And you can do everything without paying a dime, just might be slow.
>>
File: 1449287165067.png (494 KB, 780x1203) Image search: [Google]
1449287165067.png
494 KB, 780x1203
>>320015520
>>
>>320016301
I'd avoid Knight too and just look it up on youtube if you must, holy fuck is it bland.
>>
>>320016301

While a good image, those pictures don't really tell me anything.

I see the top two lightsaber users as Jedi and Sith, but the rest tell me nothing.
>>
>>320015907
Games to play before Tortanic:
>KotOR 1/2 (with restored content mod on the latter)
>Republic Commando
>Jedi Academy and Outcast
>Battlefront 1 and/or 2
Disregard the recent garbage
>Bounty Hunter
>Jedi Starfighter
>Rogue Squadron
>TFA
>Empire at War

And probably some others.

If you've played them all then you could consider it.
>>
>>320016525
Ledt to right, top to bottom:

Agent, Knight, Warrior
Inquisitor, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter
Consular, Trooper
>>
>>320017130
Not him, but that helped, also why should the Consular and Trooper be avoided?
>>
>>320016301
>avoid BH
LOVE THAT MEME FROM POPEYES
>>
File: icameheretolaughatyoukai.png (167 KB, 309x317) Image search: [Google]
icameheretolaughatyoukai.png
167 KB, 309x317
>>320016301
>Not playing a Sith Inquisitor
>>
>>320017261
That's trooper retard
>>
>>320017686
Yeah I noticed but it was too late. Carry on. Bitch.
>>
>>320017231
I don't know, I was just helping out the dude with the names. The Consular was kind of meh I guess, I kind of liked playing an arsehole trooper though.
>>
>>320015520
It's a shit MMO but feel free to play the story mode without spending a dime.
>>
>>320017231
Jedi Consular and Inquisitor are fun. While Knight and Warrior are your more typical classes for Sith and Jedi stories, the casters explore more and do more different.
>>
>>320015520
It's quite fun. Some really good class questlines - Imperial Agent in particular. For the most lore heavy class quests, you'll probably want the jedi knight one. Classic Star Wars story. I have preferred status since I played it a lot at launch, so I'm not sure how good the game is completely free-to-play. Check the subreddit for some freetoplay guides.
>>
Its not bad.
>>
File: wipethatfucking.png (30 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
wipethatfucking.png
30 KB, 236x236
>>320016301
Agent storyline really is top tier.

>being British Imperial and using an American accent on Hutta
>using Bond one-liners during quest assassination cutscenes
>locking Ardun Kothe in the room with the reactivated turrets during your fight
>mexican standoff cutscene with Ardun Kothe before that
>holding a dude's wife at gunpoint to get information
>posing as a nobleman of an Alderaan House for an entire zone questline

I really love that undercover, espionage type Bond shit.
>>
Good
>Class quests
>Some planet missions

Bad
>Combat, feels like a chore
>Non class quests

Other
You will feel stunned to know somethings like the fuckin action bars are locked behind paywalls or other stupid things like hiding helmets but honestly you get used to it, aside from that there is literally nothing to spend you money on if you want to level to 50 and do your class
>>
>>320015520

No its not bad.
Most of the people who shitpost about SWTOR are deeply butthurt Obsidianfags because Bioware made a Star Wars game Star Wars instead of the abomination that kotor2 was.
And also mad because both Bioware, disney and literally everyone totally ignores their Kreiashit.

Anyone saying that kotor2 is a good SW then procedds to shit on SWTOR or pretty much any SW game are just edgelords who only "like" SW becuase of KOTOR2, which is hardly star wars.
>>
>>320015738
This is a great way to describe it. Class quests are a fun way to get more Star Wars, and if you loved KOTOR (as you should have, since KOTOR is fucking excellent) then it's a great way to fill the void until we get KOTOR III sometime shortly before the end of the world.

That said, there's a lot of typical FTP MMO garbage.
>>
I like it. >>320020896 is pretty true.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.