[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily, "Have you thanked your healer" thread. Or whatever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: healer_by_genzoman-d4z8v0k.jpg (144 KB, 710x990) Image search: [Google]
healer_by_genzoman-d4z8v0k.jpg
144 KB, 710x990
Daily, "Have you thanked your healer" thread. Or whatever.

I did my first actual heal in a dungeon last night. No one died or caught fire or yelled at me, but I also didn't get any commendations, so I'm going to assume this is a thankless job.
>>
>>320014826
>thankless job
If you are talking about FFXIV, then yes, it is.
Commends always go to either nobody or the adventurer in need (if he isn't a retarded faggot). You may get commends from tanks if you do a good job AND look cute (the most important part).
>>
Do you thank a Tank for tanking?
Do you thank a DPS for doing damage?
>>
Healing is your job. Why would I give you a commendation just for that?
Unless you save the party from some fuckup.
>>
You don't get commends for healing. You get commends for DPSing without anyone dying. If someone eats mechanics say goodbye to any props though. Letting the tank die is always the healer's fault.
>>
You don't deserve commends for just doing the bare minimum. I only commend healers who stance switch well for deeps.
>>
ENTITLED
>>
Tank here. I appreciate the healing.
>>
>thanking someone for playing the role they chose in a game that you're all paying to play
>feeling this entitled
MMO gamers are literally retarded.
>>
I want to force a healer to worship my giant futanari ballsack!
>>
File: 1427568025171.png (437 KB, 712x540) Image search: [Google]
1427568025171.png
437 KB, 712x540
>healer has to be competent or else party dies
>tank has to be competent or party dies
>DPS only has to deal solid damage

This is why the tank-healer-dps system is shit and needs to go the way of the dodo.
>>
>>320019962
>tanks still have to do damage anyways

get fucked tanks
>>
>>320019962

If dungeons required competence from dps the pub group completion rate would fall below 50% and never recover. Having to wait 45 minutes to an hour for a group is a fair compromise for them.
>>
>>320017565

So I need to git gud at switching, alright.
>>
>>320021823
problem is most healers just give up the first time they let a tank die and will play the rest of the game being a heal bot that does 0 dps. if you manage to keep it up until end game ill definately throw you a comm but I still expect you to do some respectable dps and not like 20 dps or something
>>
>>320016587
I almost always commend either healer or tank. If tank keeps dropping agro, then healer for sure, especially if I've had to have been ressed.

Also I don't think anyone pays attention to adventurer in need during or after duty
>>
>>320019962
Go pla gw2 where everyone is dps
>>
File: demon gaze.jpg (118 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
demon gaze.jpg
118 KB, 1024x724
My first mmo was ragnarok, where goingo solo was more fun.

Dealing with huge groups is just a waste of time.
>>
>>320019962

>LFM 12k dps req
>>
>>320019962
>DPS have to be competent or else something doesn't die fast enough and entire party dies
FTFY
>>
>>320022250
>dps having an overinflated ego by thinking they're not replacable
>>
>>320022423
Replacable by whom?
Enjoy dying to boss enrage
>>
>>320014826
Did you thank the dd or tank?
Did you thank the devs of the game?
Did you thank you parents?
Fuck off with this shit, you autistic double standard faggot.
>>
File: DSC_0221.jpg (310 KB, 584x1260) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0221.jpg
310 KB, 584x1260
>>320022201
was RO the last MMO that had healers that could actually do more than just be a healbot?
>>
>>320022564
Any other comparable dps
Remember that your kinds is the vast majority in most MMOs
Even if you're good, there's countless others
>>
>>320022897
>we don't need DPS, we can replace them!
>by whom?
>other DPS!
Nice argument
>>
>>320023029

Yes, you understand the concept of being replaceable. Well done.
>>
>>320019962
DPS has to be competent so the dungeon goes FAST

I always commend good DPS over good healers.
>>
>>320022250
how many 4-5man dungeons actually have an enrage timer that can't be hit by mashing face into keyboard?
>>
>>320023206
Your point was that DPS are less important than Tanks or Healers, but now you're backing down on it
Do I have to explain your own arguments to you?
>>
>>320019962
DPS have to be competent or the boss enrages and the party wipes
Alternatively, the raid takes half a day
>>
>>320023206
tanks and healers are replaceable too, chucklefuck
they're just in higher demand because nobody wants to fucking play them
>>
File: 1448223561610.jpg (28 KB, 315x283) Image search: [Google]
1448223561610.jpg
28 KB, 315x283
>>320014826
>tfw you're top dps as a tank
>>
>>320022749
pretty much, i've kicked ass in pvp as a healer using various combos
>>
>>320023454
>tfw played healer
>looked down on the entire rest of the party because the tanks are shit at tanking and the DPS didn't
>>
File: 1449933832662.png (474 KB, 638x585) Image search: [Google]
1449933832662.png
474 KB, 638x585
>leveling ARC
>have no idea what optimal dps is, just go with what makes sense to me
>no idea if i'm doing a good job, just dot everything
>get at least 1 commendation a dungeon, even the ones where i don't talk
i don't understand, isn't it normal to commend the tank/healer?
>>
>>320023335

If you decide to be an ass, there's literally an hours worth of people waiting to take your spot. If your group doesn't want to drop you for whatever reason you can afk and the dungeon will still get done because enrage timers are a rarity on anything a pub is going to be doing. The vast majority of you are shitters and content is designed around it, while the tanks and healers have to at least hit the bare minimum of skill and paying attention for anything to get done. So yes, even among pub players you are easily replaced.
>>
>>320019958
This, I want her to breathe my musk
>>
There's nothing wrong with the role triangle but if you're following WoW's method where everything is reliant on number crunching your doing it wrong.
>>
File: earlgrey.jpg (19 KB, 150x119) Image search: [Google]
earlgrey.jpg
19 KB, 150x119
>Heal in brand new content
>Tanks get upset that I'm barely able to keep them alive through their retarded chainpulls
>Can't wait 5 seconds for my MP to recover
>"y u not spam holy"

Healers should never just healbot, stance switching for damage is important, but tanks who demand it without understanding how the job actually works and that sometimes it's better to spend five extra seconds playing it safe than five extra minutes recovering after an unnecessary wipe need to back the fuck up.
>>
Healing is almost sexual for me. I'm so giddy following my tank around. I just want him to treat me like the slut I am while he single handedly gets us through a dungeon.
>>
>Try to heal in planet side 2
>Just end up fucking dieing when my targets would rather hide behind me when they can just tank the fucking bullets now.
>>
OP here.

Just did my second dungeon ever, healed, switched stances accordingly, got commendations from everyone on the team. Whoa
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.