[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the method behind their madness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
What's the method behind their madness?
>>
I'm not sure. The Pachinko market is shrinking and games industry is growing. Doesn't make sense.
>>
Video games have peaked and konami is timing the market is my suspicion
>>
>>320013427
You should be saying what's the metroid behind their madness if you've heard the latest rumor. Lemme find the SS
>>
>>320013572
Aren't they more into gym business tho?
>>
>>320013427
they hate money
>>
>>320013427
Konami is a Zaibatsu.
They are involved with almost everything there is to be in Japan. The last head of the company recently died and the new guy apparently has a low opinion of the game market.
>>
File: todd01.jpg (19 KB, 427x313) Image search: [Google]
todd01.jpg
19 KB, 427x313
I don't care. Die Konami. Fucking die, you worthless fucking shits--ignorant literal retarded suit wearing mongoloid assholes.Then Besthesa can win the bid for all your IPs and we can get the Silent Hill/Metal Gear/Castlevania/Suikoden we all want. God damn the video game industry. It's all shit anyway. Fuck me.
>>
>>320013427
None of the high ups are in the slightest in touch with the reality of the businesses they're in.
>>
>>320016762
kojima dicksucker spotted
>>
File: 1438730870658.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1438730870658.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>320013427
I think they are trying to pull a square-enix.

5-6 Years of the most horseshit bullshit crap that ignores fans wishes and fill only one directors wifu complex after ios port and ios port.

They will have a "revelation" and start to pull out "good" shit again, even though its simply what they should be doing in the first place it will seem like they are listening and care again....Just like Capcom.
>>
>>320013427
same as every moon rune company much like the military its run by old men who are out of touch with modern times and sticking to what they know so its takes several years for you to get new old men who are more aware of what going on but still not 100% up to speed
>>
File: 1424659908674.jpg (11 KB, 254x190) Image search: [Google]
1424659908674.jpg
11 KB, 254x190
>>320013427
They tried to capture the XNormieBro market by having western studios redo all their shit in GoW edgelord buttonmasher style.

It all underperformed and now they're abandoning the base.
>>
>>320013427
>What's the method behind their madness?

Down sizing, getting rid of extra pork and boosting profits from gambling. The japaneses' own ideology of long singular dedication will be their undoing.
>>
>doesn't want to be associated with greasy fat nerds who's life is muh video gaymes anymore

Good for you konami.
>>
File: todd04.jpg (48 KB, 600x637) Image search: [Google]
todd04.jpg
48 KB, 600x637
>>320017094
Fuck you--you're probably one of those faggots that got to play P.T., we'll I didn't. I got my PS4 six months or so ago and it was already ripped from the store. Now all I can do is watch AW let's plays on youtube, or pray that somebody backed it up so I can emulate it in 20 years. Goddamn it!
>>
A desire to watch the world burn.
>>
SOLDIERS
>>
>>320017241
Its a possibility but they could be pulling an Azure Corp.

>essentially a smaller version of Konami
>had their hands in vidya games with the Shadow Hearts series and gambling machines
>Shadow Hearts Covenant is a surprise success
>rush out Shadow Hearts 3 at breakneck speed
>good game but not as good as Covenant
>has literal no advertising anywhere outside Japan even though the series did better in the West
>game still sells well
>Azure corp decides the vidya game industry is to much trouble and fire the devs of their games
>shit on the games fans by cranking out Shadow Hearts Pachiko machines

People have emailed Azure on and off for years to go back into making games or at least sell the IP of the series to someone that will and the answer everytime has been a firm NO.
Most of the people that worked on the Shadow Hearts games have personally tried to get the IP a few times now
>>
File: basedellen.jpg (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
basedellen.jpg
97 KB, 640x480
>>320017931
>Most of the people that worked on the Shadow Hearts games have personally tried to get the IP a few times now

Why? It's not like it's MGS, they could literally make a with the same exact themes, battle system, historical settings and such and Azure Corp could do absolutely zero about it but cry. All you need to change would be protag names which doesn't matter since they changed mostly from game to game.

See if I don't rip the Parasite Eve fanbase right out from under Square with only a few canon tweaks

lol at you japs, what's it like being poor?
>>
>>320016092
>WHO IS ZISU KOJIMA GUY
>>
>>320016762
>Besthesa
>Silent Hill/Metal Gear/Castlevania/Suikoden we all want
Go away Todd.
>>
File: todd08.jpg (18 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
todd08.jpg
18 KB, 680x383
>>320019218
Either you're the idiot or I am. I may not convey sarcasm well when I'm this deep in bloodrage. Of course no one wants that. It's just a similar situation to what happened with fallout.

>Bethesda Silent Hill = Skyrim in a modern city with jumpscares
>Bethesda MGS = Skyrim in Middle East, all characters start with 100 in sneak
>Bethesda Castlevania = Skyrim + Whip class/platforming
Bethesda Suikoden = Skyrim + Chinese Wardrobe mod
>>
>>320018795
It's just like the Red Ash thing. Fans want the real MMLegends 3, not (another) Kickstarter (scam/) game.
>>
>>320019946
>Bethesda
>platforming
I guess I'm having nightmares tonight.
>>
>>320019989
I understand that, but there is room for clone games if Pillars of Eternity is any indication. You just have to be out to give the fans what they want, and not be out to just make yourself money by capitalizing on a neglected fanbase. That's really fucked up.
>>
>>320020863
I think part of it boils down to a few core items and characters that are in every one of the games in some shape or form.

>Judgement Ring
>the 3 books
>Roger Bacons immortal horny ass
>The Valentines
>a character being a harmonixer

Not to mention a collection of the games would very well likely do quite well if it were released.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.