[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I pirated Skyrim last night. It feels like a chore. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: skyrim.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
skyrim.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1200
So I pirated Skyrim last night. It feels like a chore. What are some fun things to do? Modding excluded.
Also: can I be racist? Like kill every Argonian I see and not get banned from cities for that if I pay fine?
>>
You've already made up your mind to hate the game so just fuck off
>>
what feels like a chore

and yes you can kill all lizards
>>
>>320009456
>Modding excluded

uninstall it now, I guess
>>
File: village.png (112 KB, 349x199) Image search: [Google]
village.png
112 KB, 349x199
>>320009456
Is pic related supposed to be Riverwood? I don't remember that many buildings.
>>
>>320009814
So basically what bethesda can offer is shit? The game is made good by it's community?
>>320010323
It has less buildings. If that is fan creation, however - it could be Riverwood.
>>
>>320010402
>It has less buildings. If that is fan creation, however - it could be Riverwood.
It's from OP's picture... The main promotional image for Skyrim.
>>
>>320009456
>Modding excluded.

Roll an Uninstall wizard and play a better game.
>>
>>320009456
I tried to play it when it came out and quit after 30 hours or so. I got it again a month ago, and tried to platinum it, and then I quit after 10 hours.
It's a chore. I miss Oblivion.
>>
>>320010402
>The game is made good by it's community?

The game relies entirely on the community.
Mods can completely alter the experience. "Skyrim" is just a framework for a better game that you can create with mods (for better combat, visuals, mechanics, everything). I've played Skyrim for ~200 hrs and never completed the main quest line. It was that bad. But mods made gameplay actually interesting on its own.
>>
>>320011365
mods don't make the game play interesting as the combat is always just left click spamming. The exploring and comfy-ness is enhanced
>>
>>320012620
>The lewdness is enhanced.
fix'd
>>
>>320012802
you can explore and be comfy while lewd
>>
>>320010402
>The game is made good by it's community?
Vanilla Skyrim is really not the best game, but it's still fun. It's a good game, which can be made into a really great game with the right mods.
>>
>>320009456
you're fucking unimaginative if you can't appreciate Skyrim unmodded.
>>
>>320012620
>the combat is always just left click spamming
That's not true at all. Skyrims combat is technically not really good, even with mods, yes (although the bow shooting is also really good). Ie. stuff like directional blocking or whatever you find any mods for.

However, the combat can have a lot of other strengths other games rarely have. You can add a lot of tactical depth to the combat, where you can work with all kinds of tools to achieve your victory. You can sneak kills enemies with all kinds of tools, you can play with a party and hire followers, give them commands etc, you can mount horses, you can learn all kinds of spells with mods, you can make the combat really brutal and semi-realistic, without any wacky shit like in most other games, etc
>>
>>320013796
None of what you described makes it better besides the realism of smacking people or shooting with bows with npc and your health set low. The stealth is retarded if you level it up can sit inside a guy's chest before he sees you.
>>
>>320014090
Of course these things make the combat better, since they add a lot of tactical depth to the combat. It's totally different from games like Souls games or Witcher for example, where the whole combat just comes down to dodging at the right moment and spamming R1.

With mods you also can dodge in Skyrim, but that's far from everything you need to survive. With mods you actually can make the combat really realistic in this game, which means that you really have to think about how to approach the enemy, which can be very challenging and rewarding.

And stealth is not OP at all. At least not in my game. There are mods for almost everything. In my game enemies can see me from miles away and start shooting at me. Compare this to games like Dark Souls (which gets so praised for its combat), where enemies can't see further than 10 metres.
>>
>>320012620
this is what I found dull. I went back to mount and blade after combat system turned repetitive.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.