[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arkham Origins is Good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (29 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29 KB, 460x215
This game gets unfairly shit on

>Bigger and taller city than AC
>New districts are better than Rocksteady's (Coventry, Diamond District, revamped Amusement Mile)
>Not a stupid "it's another prison" concept
>Christmas decorations and music
>Amazing snow and blizzard aesthetic
>9 predator rooms compared to 6 in AC
>Crimes in progress
>Story is actually LESS retarded than AC
>Get to infiltrate GCPD, sneak into Penguin's HQ, save some hostages on a bridge - actual Batman stuff
>Best single player DLC of the series
>Actual Batcave, get to chat with Alfred
>Boss battles
>Enemy danger ratings and performance rankings

Sure it has problems, but this game does some stuff better than City and deserves credit. I wish they could go back in time and combine the games into one. I never liked City that much because of the stupid concept and kind of small environment. It had better level design and characters though.
>>
The only reason I stay away from it is that it's allegedly a beyond shit port with gamebreaking bugs that will force you to restart from scratch and it's impossible to 100% it due to that. I might play it if I ever get it for free, but I ain't paying for that shit.
>>
>>320005360
>gamebreaking bugs that will force you to restart from scratch
never happend to me
>>
>>320004341
don't forget based Mr. Freeze
>>
>>320004341
It was miles better than the batmobile minigames ridden Arkham City.
>>
ruined by the shock gauntlets, but otherwise yeah its a great game and a great pc port
>>
Its got shit in because it was the same as the first 2 (how is this even remotely a bad thing)

Because it was "Not MUH Rocksteady" and because it was buggy (didn't help they actually came out and said their main focus was dlc and not fixing bugs. Asshole thing to do but doesn't make the game bad)

That's why people shit on it.

Then Rock steady come back and make a literally broken game on PC. People don't have a solid argument anymore.
>>
>>320004341
I agree and think it's the BEST batman game
>>
I actually played this game first before AC and thought it was better too. About the only thing I'll say was better in AC was the combat made more sense. My combos kept getting fucked over in AO whereas my key presses would be more responsive in AC. Also I really hate how you couldn't actually catch the riddler like everyone else.
>>
>cleared all 2000 militia things in AC
>finally get to fight Deathstroke
>get pretty hyped because of the fight in Origins
>it was a batmobile section
>>
>>320004341

The game has an ugly white fog over it to hide the terrible textures, combat is worse, city is muddier and less distinct looking, plot is shit( like all of them), glitches out the wazoo, riddler collectibles suck

God thst game fucking sucks. I don't particular think the other arkham games are that great, but goddamn.
>>
My only gripe is that I wish multiplayer was more thought through. Seriously, 3v3v2? It should be like 8 vs 8 vs 2, the size of those maps don't justify a total of 8 people per game. Other than that, I had fun taking bitches down as bane with his big swinging dick and rocket launcher
>>
>>320004341
Would it be a good game to play before Dragon's Dogma comes out next month? I won´t 100% it, but I intend to do every single main&side mission.
>>
>>320005484
There was a bug with one of the towers, I couldn't 100% the game because of it.
They patched it like a month after release though so I just played NG+ and 100% it that way.
>>
>>320004341
I'm just pissed off that we STILL don't have a Batman game where you actually get to play in GOTHAM. I don't mean arkham or the shithole in Gotham that later becomes Gotham. I want to be Batman in downtown Gotham where all the skyscrapers are. But no. I get to look longingly at the skyscrapers and cool lights in the skybox, stuck in this shithole
>>
>>320006568
They must have figured there would only ever be 8 people playing online at the same time. They were right.
>>
>>320006696

I thought AK took place in Gotham?
>>
>>320006234
PC version sin't made by rocksteady, it's made by WB
>>
I like origins more the AC desu, the boss battles in Origins were top notch.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.