[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started this game. Any beginner's tips? Was probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
Just started this game.

Any beginner's tips?

Was probably going to roll Exo Titan. Seems legit.
>>
>>319998974
Have fun, that's really about it.

If you want to get gud drop the extra 100 dosh on a m/kb adapter.
>>
>>320000067
>>320000000
>>
File: 1449628517126.png (105 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
1449628517126.png
105 KB, 245x300
>>319998974
Quit while you still can if you don't want to be disappointed
>>
Don't bother. It's just a very elaborate timesink.
>>
Race doesn't really matter. And generally just grind your ass off.
>>
>>319998974
I can't believe I bought this piece of shit. Utterly unplayable alone, and almost unplayable with several pals
>>
>>320001540
What else do video games exist for other than wasting time
>>
>>320002809
enjoyment
>>
>>319998974
Refund it and just go throw the money into the ocean

Trust me, you'll have less regret doing this.
>>
>>320002997
This
I finally realized that this game is shit after about a hundred hours
>>
>>320002808
>don't have any friends that play destiny
>try to make friends in game
>no one has a mic or is in party chat
What the fuck is the point of online gaming anymore? Everyone is in party chat now. Fuck party chat
>>
>>319998974
It's a game that was chopped up into smaller pieces to keep selling DLC for the next few years.

You can blow through almost all the content in a day, and then the rest is just grinding harder difficulties for better loot.

Bought the collector's edition at launch, and got suckered into taken king as well, you're better off playing something else after your first day.
>>
>>320003140
It's fun though
>>
>PS4

That's pretty much the best game you got.
>>
As someone who wasted so much fucking time in Destiny, honestly just drop the game. But if you insist on playing it, just make a Titan. Unless they nerfed it since I stopped playing in September, the Sunbreaker class of the Titan will carry you through anything. Doesn't matter what kinda weapon you got but try to find the Red Death or Zalo Supercell. Loot is completely random though so goodluck on that
>>
When I was scrolling past I thought it was a picture of Jak, then when I did a double-take I thought it was a Michael Bay Transformer.
>>
>>319998974
If you have a friend who can play with you, it'll feel better. Once you get to 40, grind strikes till it hurts. Decrypt engrams one at a time and equip the highest light possible. go to the destiny group on /vg/ and try to join a few raids.
>>
>>319998974

>Buying Destiny when everyone has already blown through what little content there is

Have fun never being able to do raids or late game content since people don't want new players.
>>
>>320004462
Normies are playing with their normie friends.
>>
>>319998974
Play something else, you'll waste your time playing it, I'm the same with this anon here>>320005141

If you haven't already, get Bloodborne or Disgaea 5 if you're into rpgs.
>>
Here's the timeline of your experience OP
>Grind through boring ass fuck campain until level 20
>Grind through boring as fuck DLC missions until level 40
>Can't reach level 40 off DLC missions because there's not enough content
>Grind the same 3 strikes over and over again (not kidding, it will be the same 3) until level 40
>Reach level 40, but need light level 290 so grind for even longer
Congratulations, after hours of grinding you can now the play the 1(One) raid. There are 2 others, but they don't even give you anything you can use because Bungie will never make the previous DLC matter otherwise people might not buy the new DLC. The King Fall raid is good but is it really worth grinding for weeks on weeks doing the same exact boring shit every day just to play one raid, which is arguably pretty easy? And good luck getting people to play with you, Destiny players hate new players because without Exotic gear, grinding even takes longer.
>>
>>319998974
ps4 or xbox one?
>>
>>319998974
Why are there wings on your helmet? It's triggering me, I want to snap the off.
>>
>>320006107
that's his face, not helmet
>>
>>320006187
If I snap them off will he die?
>>
Is OP even in this thread anymore?
>>
>>320006292
No but he won't be able to fly anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 245x185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 245x185
OP here, I made up my mind. Thanks for the forewarning guys.

I'll buy something else instead.
>>
>exo warlock
>human titan
>awoken (female) hunter

It's the only way to play.

That being said dump this piece of shit game and get out while you still can.
>>
File: Sure told me.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Sure told me.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>tfw destiny was the first console shooter I bought since timesplitters on the gamecube
>tfw I play almost every day, if just only doing dailies
>no real group of friends to speak of besides the ones I made on www.the100.io or http://www.destinylfg.com/ for the sake of raids or trials
>still enjoying myself 3 months after the fact despite the nagging feeling that I'd enjoy this more if it were on PC

If you bought the game and are just starting, OP, why are you even on /v/?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.